The stealing of Dmz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.flagrun.net/dmz

ok look at there scouter very closely, the side of it is the same, but abit more bluely, and the update says that he thought of it, who agrees with me that the *******s stole it? cos i think they did...

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks pretty much the same to me, lets not be too obvious now, I thought the DMZ team had more dignity than that, then again it's DMZ. Just one reason to bash them and claim ESF as the best DBZ mod out there.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What annoys me is that it's on the same side as ours. What are the chances of getting the same error? None, unless they spend too much time in ESF's Dev journals. :\

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good point... as loyal esf fans, im telling you- Don't Flame DMZ, don't go on their irc chan/forums bashing them... the team will deal with this.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had no intention of going to the DMZ site in the next millenium anyways, let alone going to their forum, I was only trying to be funny, I still think its a complete ripoff, I am friends with a ex-modder, and he told me, they always went to "similar genre" mod sites looking for something they didn't have that the other mod did, its how life works. Think of it like this, Swiffer comes out with that moppy thingy, now theres a GLAD moppy thing, then swiffer comes out with the wetjet, now theres a glad wetjet, ya see people, i know it's not the greatest comparison, but like the old saying goes, let them have their cake, and eat it too, and hope they choke and die in the process.

Best answers
Just read it, i want everyone to know.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Allright i want to make this clear. \

I think ESF is a fantastic mod with much potential, and both teams have said that they didn't want a mod war with eachother.
I play ESF nearly as much as i play DMZ, the one mod has good points and the other one has other things good.

This scouter i made is just temporary. I'm gonna make DMZ's total new one. But the scouter ESF made is nearly perfect. Because theirs looks just like in the DBZ manga. i just thought it would be useful. Ours is gonna have a different function than theirs. Theirs is just to show teammates as in CS, ours will be a real power lvl reader of enemies and friends.

I am gonna make a total new one, totally different as the ESF scouter, i just wanted to show our waiting fans some new idea's. I never intended to publish THIS one as my own, but i admit i did copy a little part of ESF's.

Sorry if there were mistakes about it. But trust me, there will be a totally new one, i will probably finish it this week so have patience. If there was any inconvenience, i am sorry, i really am.

But i never intended to steal, i hope you understand.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He said he was sorry, and im sure he will remake the scouter. Problem solved, post closed.

Best answers
DOES it ever say in the ESF dev. journals that those functions are in their scouter? NO, it maybe used to be. I only saw the scouter and used is as a temporary base for showing the idea of a scouter to our DMZ. ESF didn't invent the scouter, it was widely used in DBZ itself.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't flame him Sonic. Warning one.

. . . And if ESF copied your work, intentional or not, your users would flame us too. So keep the hostilities at a minimum Unibomber. Not a flame, just a reminder.

Retired
Best answers
people make mistakes, and life goes on, so lets leave it at that and drop it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom