The spam..

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really have no idea where this is going to go, but I'll just post it here. I am no Moderator, obviously, but how come they're letting all this spam slide? I created a thread I believe a month or two ago, but later, it's been getting worse. I'm not insulting the Moderators, if you think I am, you guys are doing extremely well at your job. But here's perfect examples on how you guys are letting spam slide:

This, that, that, and this.

Like I said, I'm no Moderator, but the spam is sliding, was there a slight rule change, or something? Or are the Moderators giving people some chances for spam threads? Or what?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why are you complaining about relaxed moderation? That's like complaining about cops not kicking your ass for jay walking.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not complaining, it's not really bothering me either, I'm just merely asking a question =)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really see the harm in MinioN's anniversary topic. Gave us a chance to reminisce. I don't think everyone should make anniversary threads, but once in a while that kind of thing is cool.

**** those other threads, god they were annoying.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the last few months are any indication, the moderators have decided to lighten up. You don't have to kill a thread or warn people to stop spam. Usually once a thread has run its course, it'll die and everyone will move on. I much prefer the moderators going this route than kicking down the door shouting, "THIS THREAD IS STUPID! YOU ARE STUPID! DON'T DO IT AGAIN! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!"

As Spunky said, those threads were stupid. But they also ran their course and died either on their own or were closed. The poll thread asking whether you like cats or dogs isn't spam. The topic is simple, answerable, and everyone stuck to that topic. It's also important for me to know who I need to kill at some point for hating cats.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty much. I can only speak for off-topic and its sub-forums. Idiotic threads get left by the wayside for the most part, because people don't want to post in them.

Unless something is blatantly devoid of value, like posting a youtube video and nothing else, or pictures of Lolcats (as one mod said, there's ***** for that sort of thing), we tend to allow it. Besides rambling non-sense, what is "spam" in an off-topic forum?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thread closed and everyone warned.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YOU DARE QUESTION OUR METHODS?!

TERRORISTS!!!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't want to try to become a Moderator by asking a question..

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We're redrawing the lines between what is acceptable and what is not right now. Not everything will fly, but more will than used to.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you, my good sir =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom