The Sims: The Movie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Variety said:
Fox brings 'SIMS' to bigscreen
Film will be a live-action version

By PETER GILSTRAP20th Century Fox has acquired feature rights to the life simulation computer game "The SIMS" from Electronic Arts, and has set project up with Fox-based John Davis.
The five-year-old franchise is the best selling PC game in history, with worldwide sales topping 85 million, bringing in over $1.6 billion. Pic will be a live-action version.

Steve Asbell is overseeing the project for Fox with SIMS Studio head Rod Humble managing the creative property for Electronic Arts. Brian Lynch will script; story is under wraps with talent yet to be named.

"'The SIMS has done an interactive version of an old story, which is what it's like to have infinite power and how do you deal with it," said Humble. "Given that that's an old story, you can imagine how easily that would translate to traditional story telling."

Davis' most recent projects include "Norbit," "When A Stranger Calls," and "Eragon."

Lynch scripted and helmed upcoming "Big Helium Dog," and penned "Scary Movie 3," and is managed by Benderspink.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117965812.html?categoryid=13&cs=1&nid=2562

How exactly is The Sims an 'old story'? I didn't think there was any story? Or characters? Are the people in the film going to speak gobbledegook like in the game?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you would read the article, you would understand. Apparently there is a story about someone with infinite power/god like power. And how he deals with those powers. In much the same way you play God in The Sims. So this will probably be a Bruce Almighty-like movie.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's already a sequal being made for Bruce Alimghty so I dont see the point in another movie along the same lines =/

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
There's already a sequal being made for Bruce Alimghty so I dont see the point in another movie along the same lines =/
Oh? And that movie name is?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Evan Almighty.

Either way this is going to be dumb. This is Hollywood looking at a list of sales figures and going, "Well this one made the most money, let's make something out of that!"

Not realizing of course that Sims fans are not at all gamers and there are no people who love the Sims in such a way. There's only people who got it for a dumb gift or bought it cause they thought it was cute, not because they are fascinated with the concept.

Best answers
I'd like to see a sims movie. It might be interesting. But only if they keep aliens and natural disasters from happening.
And if they also include a "Death to Jack Thompson" scene in it. lol

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Why won't the sims stop haunting me! Why wont the sims just die! >.<
Seriously, ditch the sims and make a starcraft movie :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We already have a Sims Movie...
it's called: "The Truman Show"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, it's their money. If they want to throw it away on this, rather than on something fun, like tying cats to helium balloons and throwing them off buildings... well, I guess that's up to them.

Best answers
Ten bucks says its one of those crappy films where the main character is playing a video game, and somehow finds out the people inside it are real/and or have feelings and strong personalities.

On a similar note

Game box is the greatest/worst film ever, if you ever see a copy lying around, I urge you buy/rent it, most of it is horrible, but there is one shining glorious moment where the leading lady/cyborg program-woman gets her hand chopped off and spurts a fountain of electric blood.

I don't know why I had to share that with you guys, but I just had to put it out there.

Best answers
Hey, it's their money. If they want to throw it away on this, rather than on something fun, like tying cats to helium balloons and throwing them off buildings... well, I guess that's up to them.
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL.
@idea of sims movie: Just no............

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom