The 'SENSE' key.

You like?

• Cool.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crappy.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
Ok, I'm hearing people complain about the melee system constantly so this is a suggestion that might stop the whining for a while. It's called the 'Sense' key and it will work at the cost of KI. When pressed an alert sound will be played telling you that someone is targeting you. Also, if you have your scouter out, the dot of the person who is targeting you will blink so you know where he is.

Best answers
hmm .. no i don't like it very much. the scouter is enough, but there is a litle problem, the scouter is 2d while the players can move in 3d (up-down, forward-backward, left-right) so u can't really tell if they are right after you or they are way down but in the same (2d) spot

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i only like the first part it flashing would confuse me as to who is who, but somthing like an annoying beep or somthing would help for ou to look out behind you or somthing, because it can get a bit troublesome with people hitting you in the back and you didnt know he targeted you

edit: on i see what you meant it blinking would help you alot too

Best answers
Why not a thermical detector and a stealth armor like in Metal Gear Solid...and...and...WHY NOT a damned f*kin F22 Hornet...and ....And a BOMB A!!!!!

Surely not a sound,it is not in the manga....but the radar could change the color for someone who is beaneath or higher than you...dunno.

Best answers
the manga? the manga doesn't have sounds at all!! and the mod is about dbz the series (not the movies, and i think it's also not the manga!)

Best answers
It's based on the show and there was a noise played when someone sensed a high PL (if I can find it I'll provide a link). Since one has to raise their power level to 'swoop' the sound would fit.

Anyway, sure the scouter is a good tool to see if people are swooping at you. The thing is, however, I find myself looking at the scouter more than the game(which is rather annoying).

Best answers
I think it's a good idea. I'm not sure that it should be something that is toggled on/off and drains ki, though...most of the chars in dbz are able to sense the presence of pls naturally and without any difficulty. (When Frieza approaches Earth, Vegetta detects his pl from the planet's surface. Yancha says: "How can you possibly know that?" To which Vegetta replies: "I make it my business to know!") It'd improve the feel IMHO.

Instead, I'd suggest a "masking" ability, which hides the extent of your pl. Scouters would only reveal half your pl, and the audio alert wouldn't work when you're masking your power. It'd drain a bit of ki to keep up, and would get cancelled when you recharge (like turbo, but the other way around).

Best answers
Well I'm thinking it should be a toggle because some people may find it annoying. I also think it should drain KI so people can't just have it on forever. This is a game, remember. It's doesn't have to be 100% DBZ.

As for the PL masking, I'd say it sounds good but in the end it is a bad idea because then people would simply use that every time they attack which would make the sense key useless.

Best answers
heh...i was gonna post a thread about this, but now u saved me the time :D there probly IS a way already to just press a button and target the closest person.....or someone could just do it in there free-time :D

Best answers
Heh i wouldn't need the sense key,I Use Scouters(Tha Professional Way) When I'm Powering Up And I C A Red Dot Comig Toward A Green Dot in The Middle Of The Scouter I Teleport or Jump.:]

Best answers
That's cute, but un-like you I'd rather enjoy the scenery rather than the scouter.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i thought the red dot for enemies got smaller when they were under you and bigger when they were above you. maybe that is just the range difference. i don't know, im usually to into the fighting to glance at the scouter.

Best answers
no...its smaller when YOU have a PL of like.....50 MIL and they got a PL of 5! lol.

u ever notice when u join a server that the scouter has a BUNCH of big red dots? thats y....

Best answers
i reacon the scouter should also show incoming large ki attacks. maby like a small purple or blue dot, caus its anoying in a melee battle with someone to get final flashed, at least the two of you will have some warning.

Best answers
I like the idea of having large ki attacks (ie: special beams like final flash, kame, SBC etc) making some sort of warning on your scouter and showing where its coming from. This would be like the show too i think.

I'm not sure about sensing when someone has you targeted, esp for team games as this is what you do in team games! When someone's beating your teammate up you target them and swoop in to help. WHy should they get warning of this?

What I WOULD like to see is when YOU target someone, and they go off screen a small arrow would be displayed on the screen border (not too big so that it takes up space) so you know which direction they are. Although this might detract from having good melee bouts.
Perhaps they could make it so the arrow only appears when your target is out of a certain range from you. Once they get too close the arrow disappears?

Best answers
That's not very handy, if it takes a lot of ki, cause you'll get in situations like ; "Hey I can see who's targeting me but I won't be able to hold him off cause my ki is almost ran out. :p

Best answers
the scouter is enough, they should have a blue dot if the enemy is above you, a red dot if he is somewhat level with you, and a green dot if the enemy is below you.....but hell, do what you want:]

Best answers
you better make one button to open a special ability menu where you could chose different things like dueling , sensing, loaning power or hiding you powerlevel so that you are almost invisible to the scouter . Goku his special ability would be that he can teleport to alies

and if you want to see if someone is above you or beneath you just use the system like the cs radar
when someone is above you, you see a two lines when horizontal and the other vertical on it pointing above
and when he is beneath you the vertical line point down
O_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom