The second choice

Best answers
Before i start off, this is all esf related so don't go locking this up.

http://www.reversed-esf.net/

Reversed-ESF is mainly a new opportunity for all the "old school" Earth Special Forces beta 1.1 players to re-live the fast paced action that was once so golden among others, not only is it available for the old players but to anyone willing to download and run the game.

While the bigger part of esf's community went playing 1.2 at it's release saying "it's amazing!" the fanbase of 1.1 slowly died and was totally forgotten, Reversed-ESF is the counter-attack on this and they hope for beta 1.1 to turn out to be the most popular version once more.

With major support from different people all over they proudly present to you another choice between fun fast paced action and aching fingers. Now they aren´t only trying to revive the golden times of 1.1, they also try to convince the ESF dev team to finaly get away from limiting the melee in any way. Don´t get them wrong here, they do have major respect for the ESF team, they are dedicated and created an awesome mod, just they are going into the wrong direction when it comes down to melee for them.

That's about as much as there is to R-ESF, now we suggest you to go download the mod and above all, have fun.
Just popping out the news.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So.. it's... just 1.1 hosted somewhere else?

Best answers
Its like a 1.1 fansite. Just a going a bit further....pretty much for tha old skool players....though everyone is welcome.

Btw please refrain from flaming us or generaly in that thread, as we want it to remain open. If you don´t like wat we do, thats okay, but its not needed to post here then. :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm all for it. Seeing as how I don't really play 1.2 anyway, I can't say that playing 1.1 will make me a worse player in 1.2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fan sites are fine. However, let's not have any 1.1 vs 1.2 discussion as it usually leads to flaming and will cause this thread to die.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
So.. it's... just 1.1 hosted somewhere else?
It looks to be a resource for 1.1 files, as far as I can tell. Going under that assumption, it'd fall under the "fansite" category.

It's always good to have another source for older versions, in my opinion. Should one source, for instance, cease hosting files related to those versions, one can find them elsewhere. I wouldn't mind seeing that for 2.0a, or 1.9a, heh.

Best answers
We don´t wanna cause any 1.1 vs 1.2 discussion. If they like 1.1, way to go and if they like 1.2 way to go too.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would there be any chance a mod can make this thread a sticky? Or maybe just make a new thread with links to ESF fansites (ESF-World, This site, etc.)?

Best answers
this thread should deffinatley be stickied...it should be an open option to play 1.1 if anyone in the community feels the desire to..and making this thread a sticky would deffinatley support that..I would also like to say that i am in full support of this R-ESF, and hope it becomes as big as planned..i miss the old days..and really wanna relive them again with everyone..cant wait for the US servers ^_^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't even bare to play 1.1 after getting so use to playying 1.2.X for so long, infact the last time I played 1.1 I got pwned royally by the bot I was playying against :'(. However I still play 1.1 on my won setup from time to time & ocasionaly on lan if I get someone that has played 1.1 before and prefers it over 1.2.X.

Best answers
thats whats gonna be fun..its like re-visiting an old place after so long..it will be weird at first..but after a while..it will all be like it was before..

Best answers
Yeh, even if not, for sure it will be fun and isn´t that all that matters? :)

Best answers
I seriously cant wait to see who shows their heads in the 1.1 servers...im looking forward to seeing Snow,Draylock,Kami Sama,Kakarotto,Thy :O!...i know its a long shot for some of those guys..but still..i can dream cant i? :eek:

I miss kami :'(

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
See that? We're getting old members already. Draylock, get in touch with Necr0. We need as many people as possible =/.

We don't need Legend <_< btw

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Would there be any chance a mod can make this thread a sticky? Or maybe just make a new thread with links to ESF fansites (ESF-World, This site, etc.)?
Maybe not a sticky, but perhaps R-ESF could find a spot in the existing EVM/BTL sticky.

That's for addons. This site is more of a resource kind of site than it is a homepage for an addon. ~Maj

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Maybe not a sticky, but perhaps R-ESF could find a spot in the existing EVM/BTL sticky.

That's for addons. This site is more of a resource kind of site than it is a homepage for an addon. ~Maj
I don't see why it couldn't. Is there honestly any harm in putting it in a sticky?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hesitate to create a new sticky for resource sites because there is space allocated for that on ESF's main page. Also, if it were to be added to the EVM/BTL sticky, it'd be subject to the same limitations as those two addons.

Seeing as how this is a fansite, and not an addon, I think it'd be more fitting and, in the long run, more beneficial, to get listed as a resource on the main page, which is where ESF-World is currently listed.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, I wasn't even aware there was such a page on the main page. I go directly to the forums and haven't been to the mainpage in ages.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Ah, I wasn't even aware there was such a page on the main page. I go directly to the forums and haven't been to the mainpage in ages.
Not only is there a links page, but there's also a menu on the right-hand side of the index that has gif's linking to affiliates. One section of that menu is labelled "Resources", and, currently, ESF-World is the only one in that category. It could always do with some company, heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom