The Search for the Shadow *SIGN UP*

Best answers
This is a Forum text based role playing game. Started by KWStyle and Sarutobi Sensei. You are more than welcome to join and can participate but listen to the rules. They will be posted by KWS

Name:
Specialty:
Background and Behavior

NOTE:This RP is created as an experiment of ours to see how this would work. If you want to be added please post here and we can add you and that the next storyline event that I generate, I can add you guys in. Other than that this one is pretty well open I will keep details vague such that some of the story can be forwareded by the users that join in.

Always do this story in the current tense, also the character that you are playing is just a normal person that might have had some sort of specific battle training. Any sort of magic is prohibited unless I allow. All storyline is told in third person.

If you are not "there" you do not know what happened. So do not use what you learn through reading in order to get an advantage.
(I reserve the right to kill or "make missing" any characters of my choice)
I tend to add stuff that gives people an insight into Ryoudu that you wouldnt know otherwise, but that is just to give the people only readling this RP some better story line such that they can get a feel of what Ryoudu truly is. Also it may or may not help in the responses that other people give.

ALL COMMENTS ABOUT THE RPG CAN BE MADE HERE BUT NOT THE RPG THREAD...POSTS THERE NOT PARTAINING TO THE STORY WILL BE DELETED...HOPEFULLY

NO DBZ STUFF HERE...if you read, everyone is basically normal...not super powers or amazing powers that can crush boulders...only knowledge in either fighting or other aspects of the NORMAL WORLD

CHARACTERS IN ORDER
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Ryoudu
Appearance: His long black hair covers over the humble yet hollow grey eyes. As of now...seen normally unwashed and a bit dirty, his clothing, though looking originally of upperclass is covered in dirt and severly worn out. it is as if he stole them from a dumpster.

Specialty: It is unknown to everyone....including himself

Background: First scene at a bar, he was heavily into his drinking. Not much is known about Ryoudu. He is found the next morning lying in a barn. Unfortunatly for Ryoudu, his memory has left him and he wanders the world aimlessly. Picking up peices of his long forgotton past, he tries to peice together the puzzles of his life. All that he has to guide him is a note he found on the body that he awoke to in the morning

Name: Rayos
Appearance: Spiked hair and always wearing some weird "fashionable" outfit that only he himself thinks is "fashionable" Always have some sort of residue on his clothes from his experiments. Flasks around his belt hold what Rayos claims to be "Special Liquids"
Specialty: Rayos is an experimenting chemist. Though, to pay the bills, he is the popular bartender and owner of the main pub in town. It is the only way he can test out his new chemicals.

Background and Behavior:
Rayos grew up in town and lived there his whole life. He has never seen anything outside his neighborhood and figured he would live out his days in his hometown. He is very spontaneous and loves to show his witt. His compassion for his hobby allowed him to experiment with different minerals and chemicals but was never able to pay the bills. In all honesty, the bills were being caused by the damage made by his experiments. Rayos opened up the bar to allow visitors to come in and have a drink while he tested out all his experiments in the basement below. He found out that he can be a good alcohol mixer and has been known for the greatest drinks ever created.

Though he loves his hometown, he always wanted a reason to move out and move on to bigger and better things. If only some weird twist of events could allow him to do so, he would in a heartbeat

Best answers
So what's the world based off? Like, a DBZ kind of world? Or like a normal realistic martial arts world? This is needed to know to judge someones specialties so as to not make it too strong or too weak.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its more of a world where people rely on physical strength and swords, axes and where magic does exist but verry verry rarely. Kinda mystical. Not exactly mideval but sorta around that time.

Best answers
So then, (Speaking about the magic) the limit would be that of how much spirit energy occurred in the very first saga of Yu Yu Hakusho? Like the once in a while not so often technique kinda thing?

Best answers
No...what we are talking about now is the human force...not mystical or magical in the sense that they can shoot beams.

Example..if you read my character description...i use chemicals and do chemistry. in sense someone can be an HERBALIST and use herbs to increase their adrenaline that causes their senses to be more keen and possess the abilities they need to perform tasks

Best answers
Name: Ryuten

Appearance: A baggy dark green shirt, with wide sleeves that reach the middle of his fingers. Though he is six feet and two inches tall, his width is slightly under average for his height. He has thin arms and legs, and even his torso isn't extraordinarily wide. His usual leg garments are black linen thatch pants. He has dark-green eyes, and bottom-of-ear length hair, with one strand that hangs in front of his forehead. In the sunlight his hair shows a hint of a dark red.

Specialty: Ryuten is a swordsman. Using it as an outlet from the world, Ryuten has studied the art of swordsmanship since he was approximately eight. He also has dabbled in some hand to hand combat aswell.

Background and Behavior: Ryuten has lived in a large town since he was four years old. Because he was over-cynical then, and has been since he never found it easy to make friends. This isn't to say he didn't have any. Though his mother disliked the danger, and his fathers belief of him not having enough will, he started to study in swordsmanship at the age of eight. He wasn't anything special, but since he often practiced more than others due to his preferred solitude, he eventually became one of the better students at a local dojo. Ryuten is very slow to anger, and though he doesn't have much book knowledge, he is somewhat sharp. He often uses his "outlet from the world", because of his strong distaste for it. Since his city is large he has seen his fair share of crimes taking place. Though he dislikes the wrong in the world, he has never really known anything else. Every day he wishes to leave the average city he has grown to dislike.

(I honestly don't really know what I'm doing, so just tell me what errors I made that should be changed.)

Best answers
Not bad gamer...we are still working out the kinks with the story. We had written the parts before already and are trying to continue on this path. Once we get a more generalized story line and people interested....HOPEFULLY ...again...we can get this story on the road

Best answers
Not bad gamer...we are still working out the kinks with the story. We had written the parts before already and are trying to continue on this path. Once we get a more generalized story line and people interested....HOPEFULLY ...again...we can get this story on the road

Thanks. And I love the idea of starting a role-play on the forums. Although I must admit I had trouble with the making of the character cause I'm new to realistic stuff. So then, what.. I just wait for a PM as a cue as to when to start posting?

Best answers
We have a general idea as to when this will end...this is still basically an intro. Do not worry we will keep ya posted

Best answers
Name: Densetsu
Appearance: Dressed in baggy, black clothing, not very strong, and kind of short. You can always find his trusted Katana on his back. Attached to his black leather belt are a set of shurikens, some chemical potions and 2 throwing knifes.
Specialty: Stealth is the way to go for him. With his high speed and shortness he can hide almost everywhere and move quickly without being seen. In short-range combat, he uses his Katana. When making stealth kills, he reaches out for his shurikens or throwing knifes. When in a difficult situation, he almost always manages to escape by using one of his chemical potions to blind the enemy by a great flash, or throw strange powders into their eyes.
Background and Behavior: Densetsu has lived alone in a mountain retreat in Japan since he was 7, when his parents passed away. From that moment on, he took care of himself, and made himself handy with his father's old weapons. Now, at the age of 19, he is one of the best with the shuriken and katana. His stealth skills are also legendary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom