The Ring 3???

Best answers
Well...it;s 23:20 and I have just finished watching The Ring 2 :p
Cool movie...from what I have heard they will make a continue to this serie....still in the ring 2 the things are kinda raped up....I mean what could they do in the ring 3....also...reading on the net.....saw that The Ring, and The Ring2 are based on a japanese movie Thrilogy or something like this....what do joo guys say??still....why did they call it The Ring???

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How can they pull it off? The next one, if what I've heard is correct, will be a prequel to the first.

It's called 'The Ring', because they last thing you see before you die is... The Ring. That and the original Japanese ones were called Ringu.'

*edit* Since we're on the topic of 'The Ring'. I took this pic a while ago, and sent it to my g/f, cause she's terrified of the face that the people who die in The Ring make. I'm such a nice guy ;).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well technically it's 'Ring' not 'Ringu', but the Japanese language being what it is means it has to end on a vowel, so to us it sounds like 'Ringu', although the boxset I got was just called 'Ring', which were the subbed originals not the remakes.

If the next film is following the conventions of the other two, the next film will be called 'The Ring 0' as it's a prequel to 'The Ring' (yes, the original was called Ring 0). It's more based around Samara/Sadako's character than her affecting another protagonist as the other two films have been.

It's called Ring because...well...look at the video! (If you dare!)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Ring 2 has a story made by the original maker of Ringu (or Ring, whatever :p) and it's not as much based on any of the originals.

About The Ring 2, I liked it, but only because I've seen part 1. I swear, if you haven't seen part 1 this movie is probably not gonna make a whole lot of sense.

Oh, and 1 was better.

Best answers
There are actually 4 parts in the japanese Ringu serie. But Ring 2 didnt flow on the second part of Ringu so its possible but doubtfull.

Best answers
I liked R2 btter than 1. Full had angry reindeer action and "I'm not ur F***ing mommy!"

there's a comic based on when samara was a child. Full of telekinis death tales i believe.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
mm ... a third part would be neat i guess. the first movie was good but the second one was tather boring to me... you just dont get the right feeling of fear in part two.
if they would do a third part, they could do better then on part two ^_^

Best answers
Well, part 1 made you scared ****less around the house because, even though you knew you didnt watch the video, she could come outta the TV and is technically still out there. Ring 2 was just scary while watching it, not afterwards. Ring 3? Well...

*SPOILER* [highlight]
At the end of Ring 2, when the camera like leaves the house, the sky flash with tv-snow, suggesting that, uhm, the entire world is really in a TV? I dunno.
/Spoiler

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Frankly, I don't really enjoy horror movies. They are all basically the same thing. Just sit and watch some stupid people get scared/killed. Not really my cup of tea. So, I haven't actually seen first or second movie. I really don't think they need a third. I never saw the purpose in making sequels to horror movies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SPIDER-BITE said:
there's a comic based on when samara was a child. Full of telekinis death tales i believe.
You can get Ring manga like that, and part of it is explored in Ring 0 too. If you've seen Ring 2 and you've see the footage of the journalist yelling 'fake! heresy!' at Samara/Sadako before dropping dead, it's a bit like that.

I doubt there would be a Ring 3, although it might be nice to explore how Samara/Sadako got the powers she has, the vengeance is explored enough over the first 3 films, but the power not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom