The Rhoads Guitar

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ah well since its not on the site then i guess i have to custom order that guitar

thanks, ill go see if i can get an estimate

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its one that they re-release now and again. usually around his birthday kinda time.

good luck =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those guitars are pretty sweet, but I could never handle having a Flying V. I just find them too uncomfortable to play.

They look damn sweet though, thats for sure.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you should try getting used to it, the Flying V is perfect for lead guitar

especially since the V shape holds the guitar in place making you pretty free to do 2 handed tricks, i already have a jackson RR5 now im hoping to get a Replica of the original flying V

just hope its under $2,000...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wouldnt say the V is the perfect shape... its very gimmicky, and good if you wanna show off. but its not exactly practical.

in terms of tone, it really lacks; compare it to a les paul standard, or a PRS custom, and it really sounds flat, and boring. theres no shift in the tone, and because of the body size, it sounds very tinny, with a quick falloff.

they do play pretty well, and they are usually pretty light. i know they are the favorite of a lot of lead players because of that. but i think the soloist does a much better job in terms of practicality and tone.

just my 2 cents.

though i think if i buy a jackson, ill be getting a custom shop model with the soloist style body... and it wont cost less than 4000 sterling.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well youve got a few points there, i cant expect everyone to like it

but they do allow for easier high fret access, actually really easy access

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom