• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok i got a question and it go's as following;

over the years that i became a modeler myself i can only see a few of the old school days here that still model allot of modelers left allot of modelers quit a few kept on fighting and still model to this day.

so here is my point : howcome most of the modelers quit??

i added a poll so i can find out :p

i know this isnt directly supposed to be in the 3d modeling forum but seeing the people who quit still hang around here i thought i would get the most reply's here ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most modellers quit because after they start they find out it isn't nearly as easy as they expected.

A majority of modellers quit because they don't want to spend the rest of their life doing it and see other people making much higher quality models of the same thing they are making themselves.

And most modellers simply lose motivation because no one encourages them.

Best answers
I'd say motivation is the key. If I have lots of it, I'll model to my hearts content.

The other reason is because MMO'S > modeling.

Best answers
i lost my inspiration about 1 year ago, i tried sometimes to do something but after a while it start to bore me and i just stop it lol :/

Best answers
Well... i was just a model-editor
but i left because i wanted to do sth different and moved to a game called Star Trek Bridge Commander...well atm i also left that and making mods for Star Trek Legacy ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually didnt quit but i take alot of breaks because of school,reallife, losing inspiration and games. I wouldnt continue modeling if i wouldnt have a tablet or drawing skills.... because those things are pushing you up because you are able to use things wich make life easier while work.

i didnt quit just not that active.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tryforce my old german homy i didnt expect anything less from you and tbh i found out working out in 2d makes you work better in 3d ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never stopped modeling, i just lack the time to model..
School, RL, it consumes my time.. little to no time at all for modeling.

Best answers
Well, I model becouse I like to do it. It's not that I do it from nothing, every one needs inspiration, but to tell the truth I think that thanks to all those people, who cheer you and support your work, you can reach even further, be even better. I also like learning new stuff, so (I think that) I'm better every time I model and I;m really happy when people say that the like my work ^^

Best answers
yap... if i compare my first mdoel edit with my last for esf... it is a big difference =)

Best answers
i mostly impulse model, where i have the urge to model something but not finish it.

A main reason why i hardly ever model nowadays is the fact i cant be bothered to work on it as i used to, also knowing how to model and how animation works spoils the whole gaming experience for me.... i now tend to look at random models and textures than actually play the game...

as tryforce said, i havent quit, just not as active :)

Best answers
me too, i just dont have the time these days, i didnt actually quit persay, actually i made my first two models in a year last week

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't quit, I just haven't started properly! (Curse Milkshape hating me and my lack of money to replace it)

I have a dream of being amazing, I hope starting at 15 isn't too late...

Best answers
I wouldn't say I've quit modelling, but I take some huge intermissions. Mainly because I know that once I start a model, it will take a lot of time to do a very good job, and that can be very discouraging when beginning a new model.

Best answers
I'd say they try to get lives. probally have a girlfriend to spend more time with than waisting their good time making models for a game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
learning a skill that you can turn into a job isnt a waste of time imo i started modeling when i was around13/14 and well i never quit now 5 years after i started im going to start games design in school next trimester =D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I consider myself to be less active, but only because of all this school work (plays a huge factor) and two games that I have gotten back into.

Another factor is lack of motivation, and like someone said above seeing someone else produce higher quality work of the same model your making. Depends on the person I guess, this can either let he/she down, or encouage them to do even better!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
let me ask.. since when is modeling on a computer considered not "having a life"...? If you think quitting modeling to go see ur gf that ull prolly break up with in a few weeks anyway due to u finding out she is ugly.. that's not getting back to "RL". Model because you like to do it.. and when u quit.. dont say ur getting back to "RL". Everyone has a "RL"...

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm dont feel like quitting any time soon.
I joined the army a few days ago, that will take away most of my time but modeling is fun, it's art, it's just what I love to do and when I have spare time I do it. ;]

Like Laheen mentioned though, it's mostly about motivation.
A modeler needs lots and lots of it.
There are times when I dont have any of it and I just cant get myself to start on a model or even think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom