The Purpose of After-Images

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm bored right now in summer school so I'm dinkin' around on the net.

Anyways, what is the point of the after image when diamonds are enabled by default?

Diamonds arent included in the "after image" therefore the purpose of it is defeated.

"LoL Why does that dude not have a 3ft diamond above his head? lololo"

In my opinion right now, w/ diamonds on ESF is basically "follow the diamond"

In my server I have diamonds disabled and 90% of the people who come to my server like it. It's not easy but it is somewhat realistic because you are looking for PEOPLE not DIAMONDS.

The only thing I would like to see with diamonds would be diamonds for TEAMMATES ONLY.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, just no. It will slow the game down ten fold.

Best answers
Sometimes it's already hard enough to see characters in certain maps (like arrival) due to textures and/or skyboxes. Daimonds are a saviour in those cases so keep em on everyone.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan Knight said:
it would make it too easy to beam spam

Really? How so? Because you can already (WITH DIAMONDS) tell who is friend and who is not. Sooo, what is your point?

Sub said:
No, just no. It will slow the game down ten fold.
Is that so? Sure doesn't happen in my server. (Diamonds Disabled)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dewd In Ћe Newd said:
Really? How so? Because you can already (WITH DIAMONDS) tell who is friend and who is not. Sooo, what is your point?
His point is we won't be able to see people that hide in a corner and beam spam, and hes right.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
besides ive stated it before some people (ahem) have conditions where all they can rely on to fight is the diamonds

Diamonds arent included in the "after image" therefore the purpose of it is defeated
as a mod told someone in a previous thread (cant remember which but i think it was in that other afterimage thread) theyre not made to fool your opponent just to look cool

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's the problem? There's a cvar to turn them off, and you're obviously taking advantage of it. The people who like diamonds can turn them on, and the people who don't can disable them. There's no reason to force one way or the other upon people when they already have both options.

The after image itself is to just look spiffy, I guess. I really think the whole after image concept would be better if they were just the blurry lines you'd see more often with fast movement.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think that the the way you can turn them off when u want is fine. I think that with the "after image" they should leave behind the diamond as well... then they'd be more effective... ive already explained how i think that after teleporting once, everytime after should be zwee lines.. imo

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
His point is we won't be able to see people that hide in a corner and beam spam, and hes right.

Yeah because you definatly couldn't trace the trail of the beam right back to where they are.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dewd In Ћe Newd said:
I'm bored right now in summer school so I'm dinkin' around on the net.

Anyways, what is the point of the after image when diamonds are enabled by default?

Diamonds arent included in the "after image" therefore the purpose of it is defeated.

"LoL Why does that dude not have a 3ft diamond above his head? lololo"

In my opinion right now, w/ diamonds on ESF is basically "follow the diamond"

In my server I have diamonds disabled and 90% of the people who come to my server like it. It's not easy but it is somewhat realistic because you are looking for PEOPLE not DIAMONDS.

The only thing I would like to see with diamonds would be diamonds for TEAMMATES ONLY.

Thats why I hate going into your server cause you mess with my cvars. Diamonds are a client thing, not a servers. I have seen the many server.cfg that you have put out there restricting the use of diamonds by disabling the client. I do believe that the diamonds on/off should be server side, but they are client side.

Plus follow the diamonds is the way it should be. In the DBZ world, technally everything would have the diamonds on top of it cause they were rapidly moving back and fourth. But in ESF, after image is just a teleport. And if you cant sence energy in a lifeless body, dont go after it.

Best answers
And in any case, if you are in battle with someone and they teleport away from them the after image will fade in a matter of seconds. People also genrally don't look for a diamond while in battle. I only look for the diamond while looking for a player to attack, I don't check in battle. And who said the after images were there to distract?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope they are there cause a good amount of the community complained that they werent there.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's client side, therefor anyone who likes them, has them. Anyone who doesn't like them doesn't have them. It's easier that way.

The only time I look for dimonds depend on the map. If it's a wicked bright map like esf_namek, you can forget it. I can't see **** in that map, so I use dimonds. As for something like ESF cell night or something. That one is different I turn off diamonds.

Get it? Diamonds can be useful, other times they can be unuseful.

But I have to agree with KWS. Though your server is kick ass and can be wicked fun sometimes. You mess with the stuff too much and I'm afraid you could like seriously **** up either my comp or my esf. So (when I did play/shall play in the near future) I try to stay away from your server. Nothing against you though.

Best answers
If you were really close to them you wouldn't notice the diamond. They might telleport to the side then behind you and you would look to the side and it would take a sec to realize it wasn't them and then theyd be hitting you or something. It's the same with the solar flare how it makes the screen white but the scouter still shows where people are but it would still be hard to find them because they could easily move away from you because you could only see whats on the scouter and then they would attack you. So the after image is an inconvenience which helps people during gameplay. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
It's client side, therefor anyone who likes them, has them. Anyone who doesn't like them doesn't have them. It's easier that way.

The only time I look for dimonds depend on the map. If it's a wicked bright map like esf_namek, you can forget it. I can't see **** in that map, so I use dimonds. As for something like ESF cell night or something. That one is different I turn off diamonds.

Get it? Diamonds can be useful, other times they can be unuseful.

But I have to agree with KWS. Though your server is kick ass and can be wicked fun sometimes. You mess with the stuff too much and I'm afraid you could like seriously **** up either my comp or my esf. So (when I did play/shall play in the near future) I try to stay away from your server. Nothing against you though.

This is what bothers me, ignorance. "Oh lol! Imma hack thru esf into ur comp roflflflfl lolzlzlzlz" Not possible, well maybe, but highly doubt it.

I've listed many times what my "Configuring CVars" thing does to people, it's harmless. 98% of the time when I run it on people new to my server, their ping drops at least 5-10 points and their FPS goes up about 10 (best I've seen to date).

ae_ucvars.cfg
amx_godmode Newd 1
amx_say >Configuring Everyone's CVars For Better Performance...
amx_execall clear
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_drawnames 1
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_drawdiamonds 0
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_gaitestimation 1
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_gibcount 0
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_himodels 1.000000
w10;w2
cl_hightexture "0"
w10;w2
r_hightexture "0"
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_lc 1
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_lw 1
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_nopred 1
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_resend 4
w10;w2
amx_execall console 1
w10;w2
amx_execall net_graph 0
w10;w2
amx_execall cl_showfps 0
w10;w2
amx_execall fps_max 200
w10;w2
amx_execall mp3volume .5
w10;w2
amx_execall hisound 1.000000
w10;w2
amx_execall hpk_maxsize 1
w10;w2
amx_execall m_filter 1
w10;w2
amx_execall mp_decals 100
w10;w2
amx_execall precache 1
w10;w2
amx_execall r_decals 100
w10;w2
amx_execall r_mirroralpha 0
w10;w2
amx_execall r_mmx 1
w10;w2
amx_execall gl_spriteblend 1
w10;w2
amx_execall suitvolume 0.000000
w10;w2
amx_execall sv_aim 0.000000
w10;w2
amx_execall violence_ablood 0
w10;w2
amx_execall violence_agibs 0
w10;w2
amx_execall violence_hblood 0
w10;w2
amx_execall violence_hgibs 0
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_avggain 0.400
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_clientdebug 0
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_dsound 1
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_eax 0
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_enable 1
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_fadeouttime 0.100
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_inputfromfile 1
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_loopback 0
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_maxgain 2.5
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_modenable 1
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_overdrive 1
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_overdrivefadetime 0.400
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_profile 0
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_recordtofile 1
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_scale 1
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_serverdebug 0
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_showchannels 0
w10;w2
amx_execall voice_showincoming 0
w10;w2
amx_execall TColor
amx_say >CVars Set
amx_godmode Newd 0
amx_execall clear

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, it is possible alright. He speaks the truth; your server can mess up peoples ESF. It happened to me in 1.1, I connected to your server and immediately got an error message and had to quit. From that point on, whenever I tried to play ESF, I would get that message. I had to reformat to fix the problem.. To be honest, I have nothing against you, I think your a cool guy. But I just think you should stop messing with peoples ESF, especially when they didn't ask you to in the first place.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Oh, it is possible alright. He speaks the truth; your server can mess up peoples ESF. It happened to me in 1.1, I connected to your server and immediately got an error message and had to quit. From that point on, whenever I tried to play ESF, I would get that message. I had to reformat to fix the problem.. To be honest, I have nothing against you, I think your a cool guy. But I just think you should stop messing with peoples ESF, especially when they didn't ask you to in the first place.

That happend to people I know on other servers as well: The problem was spyware and viruses and in one case just disk errors.

It's not my serve nor anyone elses.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dewd In Ћe Newd said:
That happend to people I know on other servers as well: The problem was spyware and viruses and in one case just disk errors.

It's not my serve nor anyone elses.
If you could give a warning before people join that your altering there game settings it should be okay, but only way you can is though the game name....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom