The Purpose of After-Images

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That happend to people I know on other servers as well: The problem was spyware and viruses and in one case just disk errors.

It's not my serve nor anyone elses.
then basing off what ive heard your server is the catalyst of their problems

now maybe you can help me with mine, ever since i went into your server my settings keep erasing and i have to keep hitting the "defaults" button when i restart the game, its not a problem but its really getting irratating

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
then basing off what ive heard your server is the catalyst of their problems

now maybe you can help me with mine, ever since i went into your server my settings keep erasing and i have to keep hitting the "defaults" button when i restart the game, its not a problem but its really getting irratating
What keys? My server does not set anyone's keys. There should be no reason for this to be happening. By the way, make sure game.cfg is deleted.

If you don't want my changes to be permanent, go into your ESF folder, right click CONFIG.cfg and make it READ-ONLY!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dewd, aka Mr. Satan, I really DONT like the changes you forced unto me when I joined your server. The blood turned into alien's blood. My text color changed. And the crappyness of the map increased ten fold. Has it ever occured to you that I have a 64 bit machine with a 64 bit operating system that doesnt need crappyness. Not to mention many other things that I have to better my system.

I like my cvars the way they are and I would perfer if you DONT mess with them. If I want to change them, I will. THAT is the reason why I dont join your server.

I really dont care if I can make them not perminate, I like my settings the way they are 100% of the time.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not being ignorant. At least I'm not trying to be. It's only from personal experience.

I have gone into your server. (and don't get me wrong, your server is cool, fun, and sometimes an all around fun place to be) But I'm just afraid that with that kind of knowledge, something bad could happen if you wanted it to.

I didn't say you would **** up my settings or my computer. I'm saying you could **** it up. I bet if you really wanted to (if I or someone else pissed you off enough) could seriously **** up our computers, or settings.

Now unlike Hybrid, who has had problems with your server. I have yet to have any problems with it, thank god. And I hope it stays that way.

Like Hybrid said, your a cool guy, I just wish you wouldn't mess with peoples ESF.

Making thier ping drop and their fps go up. That's great. Really it is. But I feel that if they need thier FPS to go up, or ping to drop, then they should go to another server, and update their computer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>>; I joined Dewd's server a few days ago, and after reading this thread I thought it might be good to go and check. My settings were changed. I'm no CVAR expert but the thing I instantly noticed was that my diamonds were disabled, and God knows what other things were changed without my knowledge.

I appreciate you trying to make things more fun, but if you haven't already, you should put up some kind of warning in your server title.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i understand your trying to make gameplay faster but i like all the settings i had on, even if they did drop my fps, i think it would be my right to change my settings how i see fit. for the record that "changing the config to read only" didnt work

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
i understand your trying to make gameplay faster but i like all the settings i had on, even if they did drop my fps, i think it would be my right to change my settings how i see fit. for the record that "changing the config to read only" didnt work
It only works if you do it in advance.

Turning a file read-only prevents any application from changing that file.

What did you expect, the file would magically go back to its previous settings or something? Sorry, but no.

Best answers
Why doesn't anyone keep a back-up copy of a fresh install of ESF? It would save alot of headaches.

As for the error message, I don't think 1 server could cause that. Even so a new install should fix that emediatly. Never have I seen a game responsible for a complete format. It had to be a different thing on your computer that caused it.

Best answers
I keep a back up installer ... But still if you click a server just wanting to play the game then it doesn't let you and it screwed up your esf you would be mad because all of the custom sprites,models, etc. that you put in would have to be put in again just because you tried to join a server and had to re-install esf. You would also have to archive backups. I don't like archiving full folders so I do them one by one and it can get annoying. I do them one by one so that I know which ones I put in in case I wanted to take that one out I wouldn't lose all of the others I put it so don't anybody dare saying "just back up the whole folder then" You should make your server name "Screw's up ESF" Then no one would click it, benifitting all of mankind. Except any one dumb enough to go to your server twice after it screwed them the first time. :S

Best answers
Who said anything about archiving? and why add custom sprites? you would've already put them into the back-up wouldn't you? You would always have 2 versions of the game and 1 installer (or more, depending on the patches). You would use 1 version for testing and stuff, 1 version as a back-up, which can be remade if you like the changes you have made to the 1st version and ofcourse the installer as a precaution. If you want to be real picky, you can make a 2nd back-up from ESF, containing all the original files just in case, so you could throw away the installer.

I know people can get pissed off about changes made by the server, but that happens in every damn mod for half-life, so you couldve alrdy expected it.

Best answers
I said I kept an installer so i wouldn't have to download it. I didn't say anything about having 2 ESF's. That would be a waste of space. And I was just making a point with an example with archiving. I use custom sprites because I like them better than the original. Same with models etc. my point was that if his server messed with my settings and my ESF wouldn't work with any other server then i would have to re-install it and put all of my custom stuff back into the new one I made which would waste my time immensly considering if his server had a warning then I would not click it and then not have wasted my time trying to do something that was perfectly fine before he put all kinds of crap into it. So put that on a shirt and sell it. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Put that in your computer and run it. Put that in a book and read it. Put that in your sandwich and eat it.

Best answers
Well sux 4 u that thats not possible. Deal with it. So put that on a shirt and sell it. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Put that in your computer and run it. Put that in a book and read it. Put that in your sandwich and eat it.

U tried to join his server without asking the owner if he changed something.

Best answers
I didn't join his server. I was just saying. And from now on before I join a server i'm going to search and see if they have their e-mail anywhere and try to contact them just to see if their server will screw up my esf yeah right. It is possible to do that but it would be completely idiotic when he could just change his server name. I suggest that you not reply unless you want to embarass yourself even more. Because no matter what you say I will always win.

Best answers
Too bad for you some gamehosters don't have the right to change the name of the server to their liking

I suggest that you not reply unless you want to embarass yourself even more. Because no matter what you say I will always win.

Best answers
You can change your server name easily so I don't see how you wouldnt have a choice in esf. Also repeating what I say does not make you sound smarter. Maybe for your birthday I will get you another brain cell to keep the one you've got company.

Best answers
Too bad boy, some hosters don't give u the right, unless u want to pay a lot more OR they pull the plug on the server.

Also why would i not repeat u? It just so happened I wanted to say the same thing and it beats time to just copy, paste ur lines.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
Dewd, aka Mr. Satan, I really DONT like the changes you forced unto me when I joined your server. The blood turned into alien's blood. My text color changed. And the crappyness of the map increased ten fold. Has it ever occured to you that I have a 64 bit machine with a 64 bit operating system that doesnt need crappyness. Not to mention many other things that I have to better my system.

I like my cvars the way they are and I would perfer if you DONT mess with them. If I want to change them, I will. THAT is the reason why I dont join your server.

I really dont care if I can make them not perminate, I like my settings the way they are 100% of the time.
Hey, if I had a plugin that auto-detected system speed n all that and adjusted accordingly, I would. You know, blood is server side. and on my server it is disabled and in every server I've gone to it's green.

Fire Phoenix said:
I'm not being ignorant. At least I'm not trying to be. It's only from personal experience.

I have gone into your server. (and don't get me wrong, your server is cool, fun, and sometimes an all around fun place to be) But I'm just afraid that with that kind of knowledge, something bad could happen if you wanted it to.

I didn't say you would **** up my settings or my computer. I'm saying you could **** it up. I bet if you really wanted to (if I or someone else pissed you off enough) could seriously **** up our computers, or settings.

Now unlike Hybrid, who has had problems with your server. I have yet to have any problems with it, thank god. And I hope it stays that way.

Like Hybrid said, your a cool guy, I just wish you wouldn't mess with peoples ESF.

Making thier ping drop and their fps go up. That's great. Really it is. But I feel that if they need thier FPS to go up, or ping to drop, then they should go to another server, and update their computer.
Not everyone has the $ to go grab new comps or hardware.

Sephize said:
Well sux 4 u that thats not possible. Deal with it. So put that on a shirt and sell it. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Put that in your computer and run it. Put that in a book and read it. Put that in your sandwich and eat it.

U tried to join his server without asking the owner if he changed something.
Thank you. I'm tired of this crap. "LoL ur gunna h4x my comp whtf?!?!" "wtf?!?! what is red only.y.y?!?" -- Look people who are regulars on my server know I'm not going to do something to f*ck up people's comps. If coming to my server messes your comp up then your comp was f*cked to begin with.

Let's quit this endless arguing or we're gonna get pwned by mods, this is all clearly off-topic.

Anyways, My Server: Love It or Hate It. Because no one is in between on this.

Best answers
Didn't I just say that on esf it is easy to change your server name. In case you haven't noticed ESF is free so you don't have to pay for a server name you just change it when you make the server. This is off topic anyways. And you couldn't even be able to comprehend what I am said because you are probably just some 8 year old boy who plays with dolls and sucks his thumb.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kasey said:
Didn't I just say that on esf it is easy to change your server name. In case you haven't noticed ESF is free so you don't have to pay for a server name you just change it when you make the server. This is off topic anyways. And you couldn't even be able to comprehend what I am said because you are probably just some 8 year old boy who plays with dolls and sucks his thumb.
Hope you aren't talking to me.

Best answers
It is obviously YOU who cannot comprehend companies that provide gamehosting. Obviously the concept of it is beyond you. You should really learn to read the fine lines of a contract people can make with companies...

I agree that this is offtopic. Nevertheless either I or a mod will have the last word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom