The Puppet Matrix news post

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So on the front page of the esf webite I notice that mastasurf accidently double posted the same info. I think someone who can edit those should do so now and get rid of the extra post.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That video was awesome!

I think it deserves two posts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about you PM someone next time. Anyway, Mastasurf is the only one who can correct it.

Therefore I am officially changing this threads topic to the news post itself, and not the error.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Sweet! new news, you know what this means. *goes posting the news on HL2files*.. Smiles! :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm, character models look a bit fat, but it was pretty awesome =P

Best answers
Sicron said:
Hmmm, character models look a bit fat, but it was pretty awesome =P
Ha! I'm guessing you've never seen the muppets before? That's ok, the jealous criticism makes me that much more happy. So far, in the past two days we've gotten 834, 835, 837, hits, 870... CRAP! And countless praise. Good to see someone that doesn't fit into the croud. :p (just joshin ya)

As for more detail, we had TWO MONTHS to create 12 fully rigged characters with facial animations, 80 sets, 150 camera angles, 5 highly detailed guns, countless special effects, and near-exact animation to match the original theatrical trailer. Watch the two of them side by side. Frame for frame, they're identical.

And yeah, they are a bit fat, but that's kinda the point of exaggeration. Ms. Piggy is, well, a pig. Rowlf, is a fat pianist. Rizzo, is a well fed rat....and so on.

As for the next project, we've already been approached by an individual that wants to do a 2 - 3 minute video. All expenses paid.

For more info, feel free to contact me or Zero via the email we set up for the project. [email protected]

KD

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mastasurf said:
You're probably wondering what's been going on behind the scenes lately? There isn't anything pretty to show, but I can tell you what's happening in the world `o ESF. For the past few weeks the testing and development staff have been going over a list of attack improvements. Killed With Style compiled a list of suggestions to make attacks useful from various people. In the end our goal is to make every attack useful so that every character can be played equally.
And yet no one has noticed this :'(

Best answers
I noticed it <33! tell us somthing 'bout it will ya KWS? :D <3

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Mastasurf said:
You're probably wondering what's been going on behind the scenes lately? There isn't anything pretty to show, but I can tell you what's happening in the world `o ESF. For the past few weeks the testing and development staff have been going over a list of attack improvements. Killed With Style compiled a list of suggestions to make attacks useful from various people. In the end our goal is to make every attack useful so that every character can be played equally.
KilledWithStyle said:
And yet no one has noticed this :'(
Best news I ever heard ;]

Best answers
I thought it was excellent, the animation is pretty instense... the only critisization is Mrs Piggy... but I never liked her... so maybe thats why. Her coat shines a bit weird? I know the S+M look your trying to go with, that trinity had lol.. but to me it looks a bit dodgey with flash.

But still kudos ^^

Best answers
We did the entirety of the trailer with Ink n Paint to get that sorta quasi-comic/cartoon look. As we neared the finish, we came to understand that shader and the many limitations it has. Although there were tons of shader options for mixing, getting decent specularity from vinyl was one of the hardest things to pull off without it looking too harsh. Particles being the worst. As for the characters, I tried to leave a lot of detail out, mainly for time constraints, but also because we wanted to keep everything real simple. If there were a lot of seams, ridges, and folds in the clothing, those hard specular areas would have been even more apparent.

In the end though, it's my opinion that ink and paint is great for stills, but nothing beyond that. If it's the muted colors and outline you want, stick with mental ray's contours and use ink and paint with only a few levels of paint color. The default, and even tweaked outlines in INP give jagged/fuzzy outlines.

The animation IMO was "Ok", but not great. It was actually my first animation project, so we had no one to hand it off to that "knew what they were doing". In the end, we went from average 3ds users to advanced in just a matter of 2 months. Of course, we're already on to the next big thing so everything we learned with this will be taken to extreme limits for project number 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom