The Programs

Best answers
Hey, I was just wondering what modeling programs you guys use.
At the moment I use 3ds max 6 but I find this abit boring and long winded are there any other programs worth buying?

(p.s tried milkshape don't like it)

Thanks, :D

Best answers
max is like the king in modeling programs, im still a novice but the program dosnt make u faster its ur skill level

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Godhand said:
Haha, That's a classic.
But no, stick with max or maya.
Or lightwave. I know a lot of professionals who like Lightwave better than just about anything.
My personal favorite is Zbrush 2 but it's not really designed to create player models though. I also use 3dsmax and Lightwave.

Best answers
another thing, not to sound rude but if u find it boring and w.e maybe you should reconsider modeling, or just stick with it, maybe its an aquired taste for u

Best answers
Most people here are using these. Alias Maya, Autodesk 3d StudioMax, Newtek Lightwave, Chumbalum Soft~Milkshape 3d, and ZBrush. If you would like further explanation on what they are capable of, please check the stickies. They happen to be good resources. Overall though, ZBrush, Max, and Lightwave are my personal favorites and most reasonable price wise. Good luck in choosing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TeKNiK said:
Or lightwave. I know a lot of professionals who like Lightwave better than just about anything.
FTW! LWO!!!

Best answers
Or people could use Blender 3D because that is free and actually quite good as well

Best answers
i use 3ds max6, but ya like TRSS said if your not finding it fun i would think about if your doing the right thing, why not try different things like skinning, mapping or just PS work see what u like the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom