THE PRESENT IS HERE!!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
i was expecting someting like this but WTF androids has only melee ki blast and generc beams WTF
If you read the newspost, it says:

"Note*All data and bars in these screen shots are temporary."

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Even the forcepit didn't know about the map o_O

Surprise-surprise indeed!
Omg! They were hiding it from us!, very evil indeed. But these pics seriously rocks!, The more i look at them, the more i want to play ESF v1.3! :D

Best answers
http://www.esforces.com/team/news/1_8_06/26.jpg

uhh .... krillin has only one form .... cuz i think that's cool that he dosen't trans ... but i suggest a powerup witch could be like a transform ( he does a trans animation .... same model different power ..... ) ... kinda like piccolo

Best answers
Looks fine to me... but 18's hair is bothering me haha. Seems a little too high to me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hopefully DJ-Ready makes the esf_gero_xmas_NIGHT version too ^-^

Best answers
anyway ... i love the present .... the map and the update ...

Best answers
hi all.Mmmm.. is this addon for esf ALPHA? because the grapic is not like esf beta am i right or not? :/

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Before anything, please read the news before you post on the forums. The caption above the picture said "Note*All data and bars in these screen shots are temporary."
I explicitly made the text in latin so no one could complain about character or attack descriptions. No, krillin will have more than one form. No, andriod 18 will have more than ki blast, melee, and generic beam. SSJ3 goku has a power level statistic - since when is a transformed ESF character's powerlevel always at a constant 50 million? All of the attacks, data, statistics, descriptions, colors of stat bars, and even a few of the images used in the VGUI are WIP/temporary.
This new vgui reads all of the data from *.xml files which take a pretty long time to fill out. Every character needs to have their model defined, and then every form for every character needs an attack list, animation sequence for every attack, attack information, camera viewing position and angle, and statistics. Furthermore, the character bio needs to be filled out for every character. Instead of delaying the post by a few weeks, I added test data for the news post so you guys could have an after New Years present. If there are any further posts complaining about the information contained inside of the vgui, I will personally hand a warning for every post, each post adding an additional warning.

Back on topic, the vgui is just eye candy giving you information about the character's and their forums. One of the reasons we implemented this new vgui is to make the game more accessible to new players. You can easily click on the character and select your character like before, but now new players can look at individual attacks, see the animation sequence, and have a nice description of the attack. The character bio will also inform the player of character specific abilities, like SSJ Goku being able to teleport when he's charging an attack, or X character automatically generating health. It's okay if you don't like it, the old vgui will still be there (and in fact, if you're under 1024x786, you'll be forced to use the old vgui). You can toggle it on/off with a cvar which will be placed in the advanced options menu.

Versace said:
hi all.Mmmm.. is this addon for esf ALPHA? because the grapic is not like esf beta am i right or not? :/
As far as I'm concerned, we don't work on the ESF Alpha anymore. I'm not too sure if you remember, but our last alpha release was Alpha 2.0. Just in case you forgot how bad those graphics were, you can see them here.
The models in the VGUI are not rendered like a normal half-life entity, they're actually not even entities. I render it in the same function all of our other effects are rendered in (beams, particle systems, etc), which is after the default model rendering loop. That probably doesn't mean anything to you, but for the sake of simplicity I disabled all lighting effects, and in turn, the models are 100% illuminated. I'm sure I could hack it and add lighting, but GG and Kama say HL's lighting dulls their model down and doesn't make it look as nice, so I figured disabling it would be a desirable thing.

I'm currently typing up my dev journal post with more in depth information about the character select and custom model support. I got tied up last night trying to find food (the dining hall at my university didn't open until today). I'll edit this post when I'm done.

EDIT: done

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im LOVING it,it looks almost like its an new game for PS2.

Good Job

Best answers
The map is sweeeeet :D. I love it, just like I was floating in milk ;P It's full of eye-candy ^^

BTW Do we know power levels for each trans yet? And approx how long will it take to get the highest trasns?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm absolutely loving the new character select screen, and especially having the ability to add multiple custom models for each form without deleting the default skins.

I remember someone suggesting this very thing a long time ago. I'm glad to see this feature implemented.

Thank you, ESF Team. :yes:

Best answers
WOOT! Thats great pics esf team!!!
GJ!~

P.S: To bad we won't be able to change sounds, becouse of default sound mouth animations :(

EDIT: Why the hell my post appeared in first place?

Best answers
Hey i see that theres a alternate nappa model and i think nappa is cool, do u think u could post a pic of the model?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As always, simply phenomenal.

Every time the ESF team does something, they make my jaw drop.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
look at pcjoe's dev journal ^^ update on how everyhting will work.. cant wait for custom models!! hrm but the sprites and sounds wont be replaced thoe right?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong said:
look at pcjoe's dev journal ^^ update on how everyhting will work.. cant wait for custom models!! hrm but the sprites and sounds wont be replaced thoe right?
*nods*, it's nearly impossible to have sprite and sound replacements. Most of the sounds are emitted from the server, and since we don't have engine access, it's impossible to do anything on the client about it. Besides the energy charging sprites, nearly all of the sprites for attacks are handled clientside... Even still, it would require quite a bit of work and tweaking to enable custom sprites in that respect. For such a small feature, it's not worth it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No custom sounds and sprites for each seperate custom model?

Well, I see how it'd be hard to code. It's a bit of a shame (imagine having a Vegeta replacement - say, Brolli - with Vegeta's soundpack), but actually being able to have a bunch of custom models without needing to delete your old ones is, in itself, pretty damn cool, so thanks a lot. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom