**** the Pope

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This was pretty much obvious since day 1.

All these priests were getting away with this stuff, and no one acted.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is this really a surprise to anyone? It's obvious the highest levels of management in the Church would deal with this--it's extremely damaging to their credibility as a religion.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Correct. J-Dude is pro bible but doesnt think much of the priests. So dont even think of that.

@Thread. If its true then he should bhe put in jail full of sex hungry ***s.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Correct. J-Dude is pro bible but doesnt think much of the priests. So dont even think of that.

@Thread. If its true then he should bhe put in jail full of sex hungry ***s.
Yep, glad that's clear to everyone. It still pisses me off to see this sort of thing though, since a great deal of the world can't tell Christianity and Catholicism apart, so that we get blamed for the Crusades (I recently saw, and thoroughly enjoyed "Kingdom of Heaven") the pedo-priests and now their ring-leader hushing it all up in a matter very unbecoming of an "instrument of God".

Before anyone marches in about how they're sure Non-Denominational Christians aren't guiltless, let me point out that this is likely true, and I'm not going to sit here trying to defend any crime any Christian has ever committed. I'm just pointing out my disatisfaction of a hierarchy with an apparent history of corruption, who's so called equivelant of an Apostle is covering massive sins of his underlings up and handling PR instead of facing it as an example of dignity. And here they just prove how much more they are a business than a path to God.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Before anyone marches in about how they're sure Non-Denominational Christians aren't guiltless, let me point out that this is likely true, and I'm not going to sit here trying to defend any crime any Christian has ever committed. I'm just pointing out my disatisfaction of a hierarchy with an apparent history of corruption, who's so called equivelant of an Apostle is covering massive sins of his underlings up and handling PR instead of facing it as an example of dignity. And here they just prove how much more they are a business than a path to God.
That's the thing. People don't care about the various sects of Christianity's individual differences. When a scandal befalls the Catholic church, it reflects upon all Christianity. When a scandal befalls the Mormon church, it reflects upon all Christianity.

What does it say when these supposedly righteous, "shove-our-faith-down-your-throat" organizations that send hundreds of missionaries overseas to "do God's work" every year are revealed to have been molesting children and covering it up?

It damages the credibility of Christianity as a whole. It might not be fair, but when you have a hundred different sects all claiming to be the only "true" version of Christianity, and the most well-known ones are corrupt and/or hypocritical, it really does reflect on the whole.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Agreed. Even though I'm an atheist, I have a lot of christian friends (infact I think only 2 or 3 of my friends are actually atheist/agnostic), and I'm certainly not gonna think lower of them just because a priest raped a kid. But people tend to generalize in that fashion, so basically these people, these pedophiles make christianity as a whole look bad.

But you know, it can also work the other way around. There's been cases in which, because of the hate-mongering atheists, atheism has been generalized as evil because of prejudiced believers.

There will always be generalization. We just have to try to contribute to its decreasement, and if we're charismatic, maybe convince other people to do the same.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As a Catholic (please avoid attacking me for it), I feel that what has been done is wrong as has gone against Catholic teachings. Do not judge all of us for what has been done, many priests would not act in such a way.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the 2nd Son said:
As a Catholic (please avoid attacking me for it), I feel that what has been done is wrong as has gone against Catholic teachings. Do not judge all of us for what has been done, many priests would not act in such a way.
That goes without saying here. Most of the people of this community wouldn't judge you for something you didn't do, or isn't your fault.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hating Catholics for what priests have done to them would be a case of blaming the victim. On another note, it seems like people get all wound up when generalizations are made about Christians, but when it comes to Muslims or other groups, religious or otherwise, it's perfectly acceptable. Practice what you preach and all that.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
At the very least he should be stripped of his title and he should have both his nuts cut off and thrown into a jail cell with the largest soap seller dude ever.

**I'm a Christian too.. and yeah this does make our religion look a bit more "love the children" than what the bible wants and makes our religion look like crap.. but meh, In the end.. if it affects you so bad that people think badly about you, maybe you should start asking questions about how strong your faith really is.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Thats a creepy pic of the pope

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm catholic too, I read this and find it utterly disguisting and disgraceful, this world is so corrupt, i'm beginning to think that Religion is turning into another South African economy ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom