The People are Losing the Interest for ESF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
There are quite a few kids that are entirely impatient, if that's the major fan base that everyone is paying attention to then of course all you will have are negative comments and pointless complaints if you release a pre-final product, you have to seek out "constructive criticism" and not just focus on a couple kids saying it sucks because of something irrelevant like broly not going super saiyan 5 or something like that..

I am in NO way supporting that kind of mentality here lol, and i do agree that ESF has a following that is very dedicated to its presence, with that being said, it doesn't make much sense to refuse a release prior to Final at this stage because if you let the general audience have a go at it you'll get the most important feedback you can get aside from pointless complaints over things that don't matter, people have been waiting for a long, long time. Take that as you will, I'm just as patient as anyone else here so don't tell me I'm inpatient, i just don't see a problem with a well executed "demo", take characters that are known to work correctly, maps that work correctly, and game modes that work correctly, then state known bugs/problems and let nature take its course.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
and quit using excuses like "well the old beta flopped and so we should never try anything like that ever again" .... it's just silly ... absolutely ridiculously silly and immature.
'Demo' releases are gifts. They are gone over by any team to polish what can be polished before being released to the public. When that public shows that they simply can not handle themselves in an adult fashion, and instead of giving legitimate feedback (see my previous post) instead leave only hate for something that THEY don't like, those gifts are taken away. This goes for ANY release of any game, not just ESF.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The development team is afraid that the game doesn't like. Is evident. Otherwise they would have released the demo.

Best answers
hhhhhhh of course not... and im from Israel so.... it's nothing against you, i just saw your English.

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The development team is afraid that the game doesn't like. Is evident. Otherwise they would have released the demo.
There's a big difference between releasing a demo and releasing an alpha version. The former promotes the game. The latter does the opposite, in most cases. ESF is in development. To release a demo version, the team would have to specifically make one - which of course also means that they can't work on the "real thing" while doing so.

Best answers
Its not that they are afraid of anything.. that's the kind of stuff everyone's talking about, its because they want the game to be perfect, which of course any artist will always be striving for, though typically impossible by almost any standards. To be completely honest though, i really don't think putting a demo together would halt production to a point of irreversible loss of time.. Take elements you have and put them together as you have now but only stable characters and stages, wouldn't be very difficult or time consuming at all.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Did anyone ever noticed that a most demos are released just a couple of weeks before the final game ? In that time the development of the Game is allready done and it reached it's master state. So demos are basicly just a snapshot of the Game, to make the waiting fans drool even more and BUY the games. Demos are about how to reach the most ppl and get them to buy it. We don't sell ESF so a demo would be made just to get rid of the complaining ppl here. So if we would be in the state of release a demo lets say ESF with one map. The whole gamecode, graphics, animations and everything you have in the demo needs to be allready done. If we would be in that state, we could just release ESF. And if somebody comes with the argument that games like Diablo 3 had kind of open beta phases, than it just got 2 reasons. First...nobody is so stupid as the common player(means they find shit you can't even think of). And 2nd one is...they don't get paid so the companies save a lot money because they don't have to hire 50 betaplayers to test every ******* possebility

Best answers
I agree, although never said release it now, nor did i say tomorrow, i don't care if it takes them another year (probably will, but that's understandable), I'm just talking about the possibility of a demo before the game is finished.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
And i said, if we had the possibility of doing a demo, we would have a state where allmost everything is done. Means Code, most maps, models, attacks and whatnot. I mean you don't want a demo where you can just idle around doin nothing at all. But that would mean(if you read carefully what i wrote) that we would be in master state, means 2-3 weeks away from a release. So what would be the point in a demo then?

I think you don't get that a demo is a fully working game just with 1 or 2 maps instead of all and maybe 2-3 less characters. But the gameplay,code,most assets and so on ARE DONE. Take a Shooter for example. A demo there is most over just one level took out of the acutal game to attrackt more potential consumers.

Best answers
I read and understood what you said entirely, I didn't come here to argue, I came here to talk about the possibility. Yes, I do understand the logistics of a traditional demo from a commercial game company, because they do release demos when they've reached a certain point in development in which, it doesn't deter production but this isn't being made by "EA" is it? You guy's are making this on your free time, so like I said earlier (If you read), i have nothing to do with the production of this game nor do i plan on trying to "sway" the way you are approaching this project, i just had a few things on my mind at the time and figured i would share them with the community and see what others thought.

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Its not that they are afraid of anything.. that's the kind of stuff everyone's talking about, its because they want the game to be perfect, which of course any artist will always be striving for, though typically impossible by almost any standards. To be completely honest though, i really don't think putting a demo together would halt production to a point of irreversible loss of time.. Take elements you have and put them together as you have now but only stable characters and stages, wouldn't be very difficult or time consuming at all.
I didn't say a demo would kill the project. It would just create a delay. Which is obviously what you guys do not want.
Also, the part about "just throwing something together" leads me to the believe that you have no idea how software development works. Because that's what's being done, not just some models here and some maps there.

Best answers
ehhhh.... to be completely honest i understand how it works, whats up with everyone here and acting like everything's a big deal and no one knows anything? You don't know me dude, this is quite a touchy subject with people (for whatever reason that is), look i understand, that's why i was sympathetic in my first post. Look, disagree if you like, I've put directories together and coded quite a few things i know how these things work to an extent, maybe not as knowledgeable as the devs on this game most likely but that's irrelevant when it comes down to basic understanding of how these things work. Its not difficult to put a demo together when you have the files that you need, that includes everything, when it comes to this whole "demo" debate, i really do not care if they do or not, like i said numerous times, I'm just sharing an IDEA, that's it lol.. Don't really see a reason for flak with anything I've said.

Last edited:
Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Take elements you have and put them together as you have now but only stable characters and stages, wouldn't be very difficult or time consuming at all.
How can you say you understand how software development works after posting that phrase?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How can you say you understand how software development works after posting that phrase?
Agree'd.

If anyone is losing interest it's me in these idiotic threads. You'll get the game the same time as everyone else. You'll wait just like everyone else.

Don't like it?

Last edited:
Best answers
Whatever, I figured i would post something in these forums because I've been following this for quite some time, didn't mean to offend anyone, you'd think i spoke blasphemy at church lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom