The Pacific

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kind of surprised no one has made a thread on this yet.

For those of you who don't know what it is, it's an HBO mini-series produced by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks and tells the tale of the 1st marine division battling in the pacific against the Japanese during WWII. It's similar to Band of Brother, but on the other American front. Part 3 was just released and so far it is absolutely amazing. It's everything and more that Band of Brothers was. Has anyone been watching this?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My dads been watching this. It does look really good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been watching since it started. It's bad-ass. It's interesting to see the differences between the Army and the Marines, and the differences in perspective from Band of Brothers. In Band of Brothers they were liberating France. Here, they're just taking islands with no one on them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About ****ing time there was a bit more coverage on one of the other segments of the Second World War. All I see is Hitler, Churchill, Americans and D-Day. Looks good though, yo, looking forward to it on Easter Weekend in the UK \o/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would have appreciated something about the Russian front instead though, that's where everything was settled.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard about it and i wanna watch it. Didn't have the time yet. :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would have appreciated something about the Russian front instead though, that's where everything was settled.
Hiroshima and Nagasaki ring a bell?

Although I do agree with you, but you might as well go play CoD: WaW.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hiroshima and Nagasaki settled nothing. That was mass murder, not any "settling". It would have sufficed to drop a bomb in a completely empty area visible to civilization or a military base.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hiroshima and Nagasaki settled nothing. That was mass murder, not any "settling". It would have sufficed to drop a bomb in a completely empty area visible to civilization or a military base.
It is considered a genocide but Japan capitulated after that. So we can assume that it settled the war. In a dirty way of course.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would have sufficed to drop a bomb in a completely empty area visible to civilization or a military base.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szilárd_petition

The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was what led to Japan's surrender and the end of both the war in the Pacific and World War II. However, it was the Soviet Union advance with aid from the Allies on Berlin that led to the defeat of Germany and the end of the war in Europe.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it is anything like Band of Brothers was, I just have to watch it. BoB is in my top three of best 'movies/series' ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom