The Other Dimension & Burst of Fire

Best answers
Burst of Fire doesnt even show.
--
The only thing that I liked about The Other Dimension, is the text. The image itself? Been there, done that. Its nothing special. In our world today in order to pull off one of these "space" or "alternate reality" pieces, your work has to be drop-dead steller.

Its not about how many layers you have, or what blending modes you used. Its about the quality of the work - its originality, its meaning. So you did it, okay, cool. Does it have any meaning what so ever? Is there an actual idea behind this piece? Was it a study? Whats the context of it?

Sorry if Im going too in-depth here, Im just personally getting annoyed seeing all these works everywhere that are just made cause they "look cool," ya know?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with soulicro, your work is just a couple of brushes thrown on top of eachother and blended. If you really want to make one of these special pieces that everybody loves you need to add more to it, add a 3d render, make it "say" something.

And, yeah, you might want to reupload "Burst of Fire", can't see that one either.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
soulicro nailed it im afraid =\

might do for you to look at composition too... i mean, the text is the most outstanding part of the image, yet its stuck in the corner. And there is no focal point really because the texture is so big and monotimus(sp?) anyway, keep it up and look into more things, It'd be cool if u did more typography

Best answers
Fixed Burst of Fire.

Thanks for the comments. I'll work on it ;)

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm anti mainstream perhaps, but artwork doesnt require a study or a meaning. For me, it needs to be beautiful, I need to like watching it, I do like those shapes, they interest me and give me a feeling of "hey that looks nifty".

Not saying it's an amazing piece, you have a long way to go, but I do want to elobrate that there are more forms of art- and that many people oppose to these "main-stream-internet-arts" for the above mentioned reasons.

Make things you're happy with, and that you find beautiful- that mean something to you.

Bolteh2

B
Am I the only one noticing at least 4 patterns that keep showing up in the "other dimension" piece?
Of course, using brushwork to define your art style is fine and all, but atleast make sure that people can't see that you used the same brush over and over again.. The only thing I really fancy is the text.. But the typography is way off, and you basicly just used a font for it, so overall, it ain't that special anymore.

The same goes for the "burst of fire".. You create 1 flame-like brushstructure, then alt-dragged that one to the left (or right) to get the feeling that it's filled. I just see the same flame 2-3 times.

They do look nice however.. But I to had a feeling of "been there, done that".. But if that's what you like, keep going, just be sure to create solid brushwork that doesn't look repetative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom