The Nintendo Wii

Sound Artist
Best answers
Today at work i held a Nintendo Wii in my hands =) It was pretty heavy compared to the compact and light Nintendo products of the past. I could've walked out with one but that would guarantee termination and possible legal charges. How many of you would risk it to get Wii on November 15th?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since it doesn't launch over here until December 8th for us, I still have quite a while to wait.

Namely, 22 days. Yes, I'm keeping count. @_@

I'm this close to pulling a Cartman..

Best answers
I only risk a sure thing so that'd be a no for me. A Wii ain't that great. Maybe if it was a PS3.

Best answers
Its not smart at all to risk your job for anything, you think theft is bad?, theft while on the job will really hurt you.

termination (aka being fired), is just a little part of that, there is also a blacklist and a hit to your record that can make it near impossible to get hired in most places ever again.
======

I watched the gamespot we got a wii special, and they talked about it being kinda heavy as well, and they some how broke the tilt sensors in thier third controller
-but the thing really looked inovated. when they played Zelda it was pretty cool-
-not really sure on all the wii release titles though, Zelda seems to be the only one I see that would keep me interested-

Best answers
Hahahahahah the nerve of just taking that Wii and brining it home with you on a sunny day.You plug it into your tv...and you start playing XD

-GuZzie

Best answers
The controllers pointer/aim system is based on this Bar stip for the remotes -you can stick them to your tvs top or bottom, as well I believe there was a stand for the strip so hopefully you dont have to stick it to anything-

Not sure on how large, but it also has its own harddrive for game saves and whatnot
-the whole top of the system has two flaps that cover the gamecube controller ports and the gamecube memory card slots-

The front of the system with the cd inject system takes both the Wii Dvd's and Gamecube mini disks (pretty flawlessly too, I was impressed with how easy they just put either disk in and it worked fine)

Best answers
Rubycat said:
The controllers pointer/aim system is based on this Bar stip for the remotes -you can stick them to your tvs top or bottom, as well I believe there was a stand for the strip so hopefully you dont have to stick it to anything-

Not sure on how large, but it also has its own harddrive for game saves and whatnot
-the whole top of the system has two flaps that cover the gamecube controller ports and the gamecube memory card slots-

The front of the system with the cd inject system takes both the Wii Dvd's and Gamecube mini disks (pretty flawlessly too, I was impressed with how easy they just put either disk in and it worked fine)
Actually it doesn't have a hard drive, it has a 512 flash drive though..... I haven't played it yet but as of right now I'm too busy with midterms to have fun :p.

P.S. You should just say that it broke and then hide it in your jacket after work and take it home.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I most likely won't be using the Wii-Mote, I might just buy the classic controller or use a Gamecube controllers for backward compatibility reasons.

Best answers
mf29 said:
I most likely won't be using the Wii-Mote, I might just buy the classic controller or use a Gamecube controllers for backward compatibility reasons.
Sooo.... your buying the wii to play the old games....?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, that wouldn't make much since, maybe I worded that incorrectly, I meant that the Wii-Mote doesn't seem really that good, but I will have to try it out, if I like the Wii-Mote then I'll just use that, but wasn't the Classic Controller used for old games and aslo Wii games? Because I doubt that using a Wii-Mote will be suitable for every single Wii game, such as SSMB..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
No, that wouldn't make much since, maybe I worded that incorrectly, I meant that the Wii-Mote doesn't seem really that good, but I will have to try it out, if I like the Wii-Mote then I'll just use that, but wasn't the Classic Controller used for old games and aslo Wii games? Because I doubt that using a Wii-Mote will be suitable for every single Wii game, such as SSMB..
Actually, they had a video of the Wii-mote in action with DBZ: Tenkaichi (2?) and it played fine. If the Wii-mote can be used for a DBZ game, surely it'll handle SSBM

also, another thing is, that's the Wii controller. that's like back in the early nes days when Atari was around, nintendo would of made a second controller thats a joystick 'incase you didnt like the nes controller'. Turned out the nes controller was revolutionary, and all consoles picked it up. They didnt make only a few games compatable with it.

So, they're going to make every game compatable with the wii-mote.

---

Man, if I were you, i'd ****ing snag that wii in a heartbeat and sell it for about $10,000 to some fan boy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm stoked for the Wii, I'll be getting mine on launch, well I hope I do. Too make a long story short, I have a pretty good chance of getting one if I go when the stores open. If not, well I guess ill just have to wait, I'm not diehard enough to go camp and make sure I get one..

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
I'm stoked for the Wii, I'll be getting mine on launch, well I hope I do. Too make a long story short, I have a pretty good chance of getting one if I go when the stores open. If not, well I guess ill just have to wait, I'm not diehard enough to go camp and make sure I get one..
That just about sums up my response.

After careful consideration, and the fact that my bro agreed to split the cost of the Wii, an extra Wiimote and Nunchuk, and LoZ: TP with me, I will make an attempt to pick one up on the 19th. If that doesn't work out, I can wait.

(I will be stockpiling my earnings next year, likely, for a PS3, or for whenever there's a price drop)

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:

Lawl, I've got mine preordered in the city (Perth), like IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MAJOR CITY. So me and the lady friend are getting a hotel room and taking the next day off work so we can get up and run down there to pick my pre-ordered bundle up :p

Oh and btw not all Wii games will use the wii-mote, They said SSBB will use GC controllers / (classic controllers to im guessing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom