The Next World War

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is something I think everyone has though about. When will the next World War really begin. What will it be about? Who will start it?

Post some Ideas toward it. Just dont go too offtopic.

Im looking forward to seeing some posts towards this subject.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope there wont be any. Specially now that Obama is making bonds all across the world.

Best answers
I think the next war is really going to be over the Internet. Its going to be another Cold War. Who is going to start it? Us. The People who use the internet freely. What is it going to be about?

Its going to be about this: http://www.iptegrity.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=338&Itemid=9
Explain to me how this "cold war" would work over the internet based on "Net neutrality". I don't understand the concept.

As for my prediction. I have three scenarios of World War III.

Scenario 1: Global economic "super-depressions" take hold on all major world powers. The struggle to stay afloat and to gain necessary resources would cause political ties and diplomacy to fail a country, ultimately leading to armed conflict. If a country can't gain precious resources (food, oil, ect), then the use of Militant force would be a necessary evil to "bully" those into giving to us. Or in a worse case, we would take what we need. If Bush or McCain were in office (as i wish they were), this would most likely happen.

Scenario 2: Countries that will either gain nuclear capability or already have nuclear capability (Iran, Israel, Pakistan, India, Egypt... basically the middle east) have warfare break out, ultimately leading to one of the countries to go ballistic and launch a payload of Nuclear weapons. For example: Two nations with nuclear weaponry. A conflict breaks out between these two opposing forces. The battles get worse and worse, and no indication of a peace treaty or cease fire is in the near future. As battles continue over the months, Country "A"s capital is nearing invasion. To counter this, a tactical nuke is detonated on the approaching front. Country "B" retaliates by nuking the capital of country "A". And from there.. a full blown nuclear exchange takes place between these two countries. Surrounding countries panic and launch their payloads in a panic, and all other nuclear states follow suit.

Seems dodgy, but its just a quick example i could think of.

Scenario 3: Divine Intervention. Nuff' said.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Correct me if I'm wrong, but another World War is a matter of "if", and not yet a matter of "when"...

Best answers
Correct me if I'm wrong, but another World War is a matter of "if", and not yet a matter of "when"...
Until every country decides to start using diplomacy to solve their problems, and military forces are disbanded on a global scale, it's a matter of "when" in my book.

Personal opinion, of course.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You stand uncorrected. A world war seems very unlikely. Most developed nations would probably end up on the same side. The most that will probably happen is the constant war against terrorism.

Best answers
Then again, what exactly defines a world war? Just a war taking place on more than one continent?

If it were for example be China and Russia Vs. the USA and... England. Would that count as a world war? or would that be just a Theater war?

Best answers
According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary of the English language, a World War is defined as follows:
Hmm.. well i guess with that in mind, and with current diplomatic stances with major countries, its improbable for a world war to start... at least for now. Things can change, obviously.

I'm still sticking with my three scenarios though.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only significant war I see being possible atm, is North Korea going nuts and pulling the trigger on somebody. That's not even a world war though.

I think we're past the point where global war seems possible, but you never know.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the cold war is an example of how newer "big" wars will be handled. The US has the the power to crush most countries in the world. I am not bragging or what have you, it's just how it is. Most of the larger countries don't really have the interest or capabilities to launch a conventional war.

Keep in mind that nukes=/=strong military force. I think that's how China is, since I believe they claimed they would have to result to an all out nuclear war since they could not hold their own against the US with their army.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O you do know the Chinese army is over double the size of the US army if you include paramilitary forces. Russia and china have been sharing military technology for years now, and china is quite capable of holding its ground. North Korea has 50% of its population employed by the military in some way or another. There's tons of armies that are bigger than the US, US has technology on their side though, and nukes. Take a look at Vietnam, the US were beaten then by a much smaller force. Contrary to what you might believe, America is not invincible, far from it.

Best answers
True.. we're not invincible, but our technological capability greatly makes up for our numbers. That's kinda why we spent trillions of dollars on the advancement of our Air Force, Navy, and military technology.

The F-22 and F-35 are prime examples.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A World War between people who ally against or with aliens? (not illegals)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/b/ against internet?
gtfo with Chan ****.

But on topic.

If it did break out into a World War, who would join who in an alliance?
I dunno I just started thinking about it this morning but I guess its not uncommon for people to think about War. For its not an Uncommon event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom