The Next Generation of ESF

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
EDIT:
HL is HL the requrements will be the same as ever
No, that's not right. Even though a standard modification should have alot of things differed, including models, maps, texures, scripts, etcetra, while the enginge stays un-edited, it's not excatly the same here, as far as I understand it.

Although the the main engine of Half-Life stays the same and non-modified, other things, like Bullet for example, add alot of things, which in the end requieres more power, a better computer. That's all I know, dunno 'bout the details. :/

But we can defenieatly (spelled wrong) expect that ESF:Final will need more power to run on high, or should I say, maximum settings.

EDIT2: **** guys, how fast do you post? LOLZ.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
it feels like the ESF crew surpassed theirselves lol..

this is in 3 words:

an awesome modification

I've never seen someone create a HL1 mod this good..

and as a anime it rocks even more

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never seen someone create a HL1 mod this good..
So far you guys saw mostly visuals therefore i#d say it's a bit early for such statements, for all you know it the game play could be a total failure.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
So far you guys saw mostly visuals therefore i#d say it's a bit early for such statements, for all you know it the game play could be a total failure.
I belief the game play will be good one, always will be someone who will like it, everyone talk 1.2 meele its no so good but there always is some servers and player who play

P.S where are the new special surprise it almost thursday ??? :):):):):):)

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The week isn't over yet. :)

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I see you joke:smile: In this forum all have PC which can run any HL2 games with the best graphics:) Probably:smile:
Actualy, I can't run HL2 with maximum settings on. If I do, it tends to lag alot.
I need to have a mixture of high and medium settings, while resolution stays at 1024 x 786 (or is it 768?).

Also, as DaisukeJP said, I think we will actualy be able to make some choices, graphics wise, but I don't think we'll be able to turn EVERYTHING off, "so it runs same as normal ESF".

Last edited:
The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I run HL2 perfectly on my laptop, thanks to laptopvideo2go, thank god they exist.

I also had to make a cooler because it over heated a little :-/

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Well, I prolly could run it on full aswell, but it's this damn graphic card that I have (Geforce 8600). It's so not compatible for gaming. -.-

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
the 8600gts should run half-life 2 on max very smoothly...

i have a 8600m gt and it *#"'|#{@#{|[@#{[^@#{[ ;(

it has troubles playing need for speed underground 2... i get huge fps drops there -_-

still esf plays perfectly :)
also ecx so i see no troubles there

and laptopvideo2go ruined my windows last time i tried :S

and btw i don't think the gameplay has changed much trough the 1.3 beta did it?

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I have a crappy 7600GS and a even crappier AMD Athlon 4000+ and with some overclocking with the help of nTune I can now run HL2 with Fakefactory Cinematic Mod 7 and graphics settings at max :)

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Dude.... No tease me. I wus like to has HL2 on max tu. :cry:

And to Plakman; if it's not my graphics card, than it's my ****ty processor. :(

Also, the gameplay DID change in 1.3, I'm not going as far as saying it has changed drasticly, since my information like anybody elses isn't drawn out completly, but I think it's legimate to say that it's changed quite much, towards the better (counting in swooping speeds, stamina, basic melee and the removal of the adv. melee system, grab & smash (or something like that) + SAM points system)).

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
No, I wasn't. o_O What does V.C.N. stand for?

Am I that bad? xD

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Yus, was suppose to be a joke, an no problem mate. But right now I think I should pull my ass back on-topic, or else I'm going to get ban-hammered. xD

I prolly won't be able to run these graphics on high, let alone maximum for that matter, atleast not with this old computer. Don't worry though, I'll cry later in a corner. T_T

Best answers
the 8600gts should run half-life 2 on max very smoothly...

i have a 8600m gt and it *#"'|#{@#{|[@#{[^@#{[ ;(

it has troubles playing need for speed underground 2... i get huge fps drops there -_-

still esf plays perfectly :)
also ecx so i see no troubles there

and laptopvideo2go ruined my windows last time i tried :S
No need for it, nvidia offers drivers for mobile cards...

just check nvidia(dot]com (can't post link, not enough posts T_T :D)

btw... did I miss something, where's the new update? T_T

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I wonder how the new character selection screen will look. I'm sure they won't let the old one. :p

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I wonder how the new character selection screen will look. I'm sure they won't let the old one. :p
like this ??

<object width="480" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.moddb.com/media/embed/106848"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.moddb.com/media/embed/106848" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="true" width="480" height="300"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.moddb.com/mods/earths-special-forces/videos/class-selection-screen">Earth's Special Forces Mod for Half-Life Class Selection Screen video - Mod DB</a>

u don't like it ??? :)

Last edited:
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I was referring to that one when I said "the old one". They made so many updates since they released that video that I'm sure they will modify something and make it look better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom