The Newb of the Fight Club

Best answers
Looking for my first fight, Will someone accept my challenge?

Best answers
Why not, it'll be a good warm up for the Rumble

I accept

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Okay, I'll referee this one. Been a while, let's see if I still remember how..

This battle will take place within the famous town of Tombstone where, according to Western myth, the men were women lovin', beer guzzlin', men shootin' monsters. Dirt track streets, wooden, ramshackle buildings and a cast of 'tough as old leather' cowboys loitering in the saloon.

In other words you'll be fighting in the Wild West. And it's fast approaching noon.

Now, please, make your smack-talk.

May the better warrior win!

Best answers
You don't look like too much of a challenge but i was tought never to underestimate the enemy, even if it is someone as fat as you... No matter at best your still an insect compared to me.

Best answers
Clen walking toward the town of tombstone, trying to get away from the heat, there he saw a drunk man getting kicked out of a bar. There were four men that had grabbed the drunk, the drunk was screaming, the men just threw him on the ground.
The drunk, Clen saw, was a very well known fighter "Brim". Brim getting up, spotted Clen.

Brim like a maniac ran toward Clen, and before Clen could draw his sword, Brim kneed Clen in the face. Clen went down like a rock and Brim kept kicking him. Once Brim stopped kicking Brim reached for Clen's sword. Clen desperately pulled out his sword and swung at Brim, Clen missed three times but the fourth time he hit and cut Brim's Headband.

It looked like Clen had made a mistake, Brim looked furious and tried to kick Clen again, but this time Clen was ready and quickly rolled out of the way. Clen looked at Brim and saw that he still had a glass from the bar, Brim threw the glass at Clen. Brim missed and hit the ground, shards flew from the now broken glass, one of the shards hit clen straight in his left eye.

Clen furious and blinded swung his sword madly at the air, Brim dodging with ease. Brim went behind Clen and grabbed him. Clen struggling to get free stabbed Brim straight trough Brim's leg. Clen fell on the ground and Brim Yelled in pain.

Best answers
Brim walked out of the saloon into the dusty street. Tumbleweed rolled by as he looked out across the dusty western town. The heat of a noon-time day in the west was something not to be taken lightly. A bead of sweat rolled down Brim's face as he walked down the front porch of the saloon. Taking his handkerchief from his pocket, Brim wiped his forehead, giving a sigh of relief and a hiccup of tipsiness. It was a wonderful day to get drunk.

"Howdy there partner" a voice came from behind him, inside the saloon. "Whatcha lookin about fer on this fine day?"

"Not much but a place to rest my heels and kick back a few tankards" came his reply.

As Brim turned around he caught his first view of the man he was conversing with. Well, you could say man, the speaker was barely more than a teenager, and though his height would have you believe otherwise, a beanpole in ancient Japanese armor made the half ****ed Brim chuckle.

“Why do you ask” Brim inquired, “lookin fer someone to show you how it’s done?”

“No, I just was wondering what it is that a drunk does on a daily basis” retorted the other man. “As I can see, it isn’t much, and definitely isn’t worth my time.”

Brim chuckled as he walked his way back inside and toward the bar. Tossing back a few more whiskeys, he grabbed a sarsaparilla and walked up to the oddly dressed character.

“Maybe you could tell me why some freak dressed like a clown feels the need to start trouble with a man who has obviously been drinking?”

“Maybe it is because I don’t like people who are nothing but a strain on those around them, and seem to do nothing productive”

Brim chuckled again as if the other’s comments made no real impact on his demeanor. Taking a few steps toward the other Brim asked, “What is your name pup?”

“Why do you ask?”

“Well I’d rather like to know who keeps on dogging me in front of all these people…”

“Clen”

“…And I’d also like to know so I can know what to write on your tombstone”

With his last comment, Brim advanced forward quickly to Clen and smashed his bottle of sarsaparilla across Clen’s face. Momentarily stunned, Clen brought his right arm up to his face to protect it from any further attack, while grabbing for his sword with his other arm. Already on to what the planned counterattack was, Brim brought his unused arm out to stop the sword from being unsheathed, and ripped the sheath off of Clen’s waist, throwing it across the room.

“Let’s keep this as a good old bar brawl” he said.

With unexpected speed, Clen agreed to Brim’s proposal with a left cross that sent Brim reeling across the saloon. Smiling with a bit of blood dribbling down the corner of his mouth, Brim charged across the room, grabbing a chair as he went, and roared a battle cry that sounded like something from an era of the armor which Clen wore himself. Bringing the chair down on Clen’s head, Brim was astonished to see Clen ripping through the chair with one arm. He was even more astonished when Clen’s other fist came spinning around to greet him on the side of the head to send him reeling.

“Well then, looks like I might have to actually put some effort into this after all”

With that, Brim leapt across the room, planting his knee in the face of Clen. Grabbing Clen’s head from behind, Brim flipped over his opponent, and hurled him with all of his might, sending Clen through the wall and into a room that was apparently being used by one of the local harlots.

Walking through the broken wall, Brim made his apologies to the lady and her compatriot, and dragged Clen across the floor towards the doors.

“Maybe we should take this outside…”

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
The thing about Fight Club is that it isn't all about fighting. The setting, the characterisation, the general skill of the writer have just as much to do with who wins a round as the actual fighting part. I say this because Brim, in spite of having a larger post, didn't really spend all that more time on the fighting than you did, Clem.

You have a good handle on the basics of Fight Club, if you just took more time working out your post I think you could give Brim a run for his money. There's no limit to how many days you could take - though within a week or two would be nice :D - or how long the post could be. Try taking a while longer next time and you might be surprised.

Still, this round goes to Brim.

Continue.

Best answers
Sorry for taking this long to reply but I had forgoten about this and by the time I remember I figured it was too late but I wouldn't feel right if I left this fight unfinished. Anyway:

Clen woke as he was being dragged by Brim, and for what seemed like hours to him he was unable to move while Brim talked to himself about having a congratulationary drink after he finished with him. Clen, now more than ever, regretted meeting Brim. Brim dropped Clen on the ground and yelled at the pathethic looking Clen to get up. Clen was amazed that such a man could have done this to him. Clen grew angry at himself as he though of his promise of avenging his village and family, if he could not beat a single man he would not be able to take a whole village of people filled with weapons and men.

Brim kicked him on the stomach as Clen laid on the ground, the pain stopped Clen from going any further into self-pity. Clen started to rise as Brim backed up a bit.

Brim yelled out to Clen, "Finnally, I was thinking that maybe you
weren't worth anymore of my time".

Clen cleaned himself off, as he did he thanked Brim for allowing Clen to rise.

Brim then laughed and said,"Well I didn't do it for you, you made me break my last bottle of sarsaparilla and I need some entertainment".

Clen smiled to himself and said,"Well then, shall we continue?".

Clen ran at Brim with incredible speed, and went low to try and trip him. Brim picked up on this and stomped on Clen's leg as he tried to kick him. Clen yelled out in pain, however he smiled as he saw that his planned worked as planned. Clen used most of his strength to make a small fire on his hand while holding on to Brim's achohol soaked clothes. This in turn caused Brim to catch on fire and while he ran around trying to stop the flames from spreading Clen ran into the bar grabbed a bottle of sarsaparilla and left the last bit of money he had. He threw it at the frantic Brim, the alchohol made his whole body catch on fire. Brim jumped into a drinking trough, where a horse had been drinking water.

Brim came out of the water and claimed, "That little parlor trick won't work on me again, get ready for a real fight".

Clen thought to himself, "****, maybe I should just apologize and admit defeat. A drop of sweat dropped from Clen's forehead and before Clen could say anything Brim had jumped into the air, with a look in his eyes that made Clen shiver even in the heat. Clen once again reggreted ever meeting Brim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom