The New Sonic The Hedgehog....Eggman

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What did they do to his face? You can't even tell if he has eyes or his glasses.

Wikipedia.org said:
Eggman will appear in the new Sonic title, but his look has radically changed (he bears a startling resemblance to Professor Gerald, his grandfather). In effect, he is much less obese, and looks more like an actual human would, but still wears his post-Adventure outfit, sans the goggles, and sports his trademark mustache. Whether his personality is changed, in addition to his general look, remains to be seen, but he remains the primary villain. Whether he will be upstaged by another villain or not remains to be seen, although it seems that he will. Since it has been known that all of the characters from Sonic Rush will appear in this game, a picture on the game's site seems to suggest that Eggman Nega is masquerading as the normal Eggman, for unknown reasons, or that Eggman is being possessed by either a more powerful entity or his own darker side. It may have something to do with the Flames of Disaster, because some flames can be seen in the background.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, while he DOES look funky, you gotta admit he looks much more sinister.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He actually kind of scares me, lol.

He finally got the much-needed transformation into a more serious villain. I could never take Eggman seriously because he looked so retarded - and that's probably the same reason why Sonic never took him seriously and always laughed at him.

His eyes are funky. o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Haha, while he DOES look funky, you gotta admit he looks much more sinister.
I disagree. Eggman was perfect just the way he was and could have easilly been made more sinister. The LOOK doesn't make the man. The heart does.

Well...it'll take some getting used to. It's not terrible. I like it in some ways, but to me it's just not the same.

Edit - After looking at what Chakra showed, it seems they're making the world look more realistic. If thats the case then what they did to eggman makes sense. I'll still miss his old look though.

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This looks great... I'm looking forward to it

Best answers
I agree with you Logan. The old Eggman was great the way it was but I'm used to this design now and he isn't all that different

Best answers
You know I wish they would have just stuck with Dr. Robotnik. I could careless if Eggman is the "official" Japanese name, Robotnik was so much cooler...
I don't think he looks that much different... he definatly doesn't look as much like an egg though.

We can only hope that the new Sonic returns to it's roots. I honestly have no idea what Sega has been thinking... Sonic Heroes was a travesty. I just want to run around a lightning speeds and collect rings and jump on other mean animals... and stuff. None of this Shadow the hedgehog emo bull****. Man that series went down the tube since Sonic Adventure 2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
You know I wish they would have just stuck with Dr. Robotnik. I could careless if Eggman is the "official" Japanese name, Robotnik was so much cooler...
I don't think he looks that much different... he definatly doesn't look as much like an egg though.
His full name is Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik. You can call him Eggman, his nickname, or you can call him Robotnik, his last name.

Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
His full name is Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik. You can call him Eggman, his nickname, or you can call him Robotnik, his last name.
Well that's nice to know... but I remember in both Adventure games the word Robotnik was never even spoken. But that was a long, long time ago... and I do have an awful memory.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually his real name was Dr. Ovi Kintobor, and Sonic is really brown.

Best answers
That was in the comics was'nt it. I remember reading them but sadly that isn't counted in the games stories

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
actually his real name was Dr. Ovi Kintobor, and Sonic is really brown.
Bleh I hate that rendition of his origin. Geeting his blue color/speed to due a scientific experiment...

Kamicciolo said:
That was in the comics was'nt it. I remember reading them but sadly that isn't counted in the games stories
Nah it was the English version of the Sonic the Hedgehog manual so he would have a backstory. I can't remember if it was because the Japanese version had an inadequate story or didn't have one at all.

Regarding Eggman, he still keeps the name "Robotnik" (could have sword he said "Robotnik Land" in one of the newer post-Sonic Adventure games), his grandfather also goes by the name "Gerald Robotnik".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Every time someone calls him 'Eggman' another piece of my childhood soul is destroyed forever... :0\

Best answers
No I remember now it was a story written not long after the first game came out and then expanded upon in the comics in the UK

and he does still use the name Robotnik. In Sonic Riders his company is call Robotnik Corp

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I come to get the of the of the of the of THE!

He looks a bit scarier... still is... "NO GOOD!"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:

THE TRAVESTY!!!
The New Eggman is sexy, Isn't his name Dr. Eggman Robotnick?, Dr. Robotnick or some crap like that?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought he looks cool. The older Eggman just wouldn't fit in with the newer style they are going for.

Anyways, aren't you a little late on this? It's been around since E3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom