The new melee system.

Best answers
This simple melee vs adv. melee could be interesting. It could be handled like this; swooping without the right mouse button held triggers advanced melee. No matter where you run into your opponent, front, sides or back, you will initiate advanced melee. Holding the right mouse button initiates simple melee. Simple melee packs more damage into a smaller hit, plus stuns your opponent, plus uses less ki; and because of the stun, your opponent is now open for advanced melee. The only attack you can't use when your opponent is stunned is another simple melee hit(although this can and probably should be changed). Here is the drawback; if you head on someone who is also using simple melee while you are also using simple melee, you will both be knocked back. If you head on someone using advanced melee while you are using simple melee, he will start autopunching you, he will hit harder than normal, and you will lose a large chunk of ki.

This system is good for two reasons; one, it gives a player incentive to use both types of melee, as the both have thier advantages and disadvantages. Two, it also gives incentive for a player to try to out-maneuver an opponent, as a hit landed in the back gives a larger payoff. It also gives a player a way to play defensively if they are up against someone who is waaaaaaay better than them, and not get totally and completely owned; if an opponent is too fast to follow, using advanced melee exclusively will at least give them a fighting chance(maybe).

Systems like that work well in games, risk/reward is a basic part of any system.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no i like the way it works now nice and smooth this would leave out some of the cool features that are in use now

Best answers
how will the melee deaths work?
i mean now if u kill someone he stands still for about half a second and then gets shot off into the distance (unless u melee him into a wall or the ground).

with the new melee, will ut be like if you finish him with a strong hit, that u hit thru him and hit his guts out (just saw that in the Bojack movie) or something???

Best answers
the melee looks jmore advanced and complex, i don't know what you guys are complaining about

right now the melee is all about aiming into the other guy's box and hoping that you're gonna hit him before he hits you

i say that a more complex melee might be able to help newbies (like me) survive

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mystacx said:
how will the melee deaths work?
i mean now if u kill someone he stands still for about half a second and then gets shot off into the distance (unless u melee him into a wall or the ground).

with the new melee, will ut be like if you finish him with a strong hit, that u hit thru him and hit his guts out (just saw that in the Bojack movie) or something???
They die and fall back, no bloody deaths.

Best answers
Hibiki said:
no i like the way it works now nice and smooth this would leave out some of the cool features that are in use now
lol, I hate when beta testers reply to speculation threads like this, there is no room for argument because you have no idea what is so "nice and smooth" about it, and what "cool features" would have to be left out.

Care to fill us in hibikz0rz? :devgrin:

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Abe Froman said:
lol, I hate when beta testers reply to speculation threads like this, there is no room for argument because you have no idea what is so "nice and smooth" about it, and what "cool features" would have to be left out.
We also hate it when beta testers leak information :) Deal with it :p

Best answers
oh wait... i always thought its called meele not melleee or melee or.. whatever.. whats right?

Best answers
majin its melee and about advanced melee do we like hold the left mouse button as we double tap swoop and then adv. melee happens or do we target like the old and double tap swoop and then the adv. melee is started?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is no targetting, you just double tap to start swooping. While in the swoop you can either hold secondary fire (defaulted to your right mouse button) or hold nothing at all. If you hold nothing at all you go into autopunches. This will set you up for advanced melee. Then when you are doing your autopunches you can hold primary fire to to combo's or secondary fire to throw. If you hold secondary fire while you are swooping you do a knockback (like 1.1 melee just you don't send him back as far).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what would happen if u would swoop into somebody´s back, would u statt cracking his spine, or will he quickly turn around and you start autopunching his face?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i guess thats one of thoes things u gonna have to wait and see

Best answers
i think they said before for 1.2 the person will turn around but later their will be a difference in getting hit from behind... dont hold me to this tho

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, If you attack them from behind you start punching his back ( new animation ). Gameplay wise it will increase the stun time, increase damage, and several other small side effects.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Gah, when are we going to see more ingame footage? :(

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they show you the entire game with footage it wont feel new when you start playing it.

And how about using the simple melee smash in someone's back? Could you set that up to make it do more damage and perhaps fling someone into a wall?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
If they show you the entire game with footage it wont feel new when you start playing it.

And how about using the simple melee smash in someone's back? Could you set that up to make it do more damage and perhaps fling someone into a wall?
ATM attacking someone from behind with simple melee doesnt have any type of effect... I suppose we'll increase the damage and knockback distance or something to that effect.
Also remember the whole smashing people into the wall thing is part of the toss system. If someone is tossed into a wall (at the right angle), they will stick to it; doesn’t matter if they were smashed or thrown.

Best answers
hey im not shure but and you still do the swoop in the new melee when your far far away from somewhare?????If they already said the answer sorry but 5 pages is a lot to read.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
guncon123 said:
hey im not shure but and you still do the swoop in the new melee when your far far away from somewhare?????If they already said the answer sorry but 5 pages is a lot to read.
o_O

Trying to understand what you're asking... yes you can swoop in the advanced melee as well. But instead of the old target lock + swoop, we have multi-directional double-tap + swoop now. You would have gotten your answer if you had made the effort to read before posting. :no:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom