[Old PotW] The new and Improved Gohan Shield

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
carlic jr saga isnt a movie or from gt neither

it happened right after the freeza saga lol so it containt to dragonball z
He never said the garlic junior saga was from a movie or GT.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
carlic jr saga isnt a movie or from gt neither

it happened right after the freeza saga lol so it containt to dragonball z
However it was never in the original manga. It was created as a filler for manga to put some distance away from the anime and thus the story contains various plot holes and doesn't fit the Dragon Ball canon

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could even add Dragon Fire for SSJ3 Goku.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Will shield do damage if someone gets inside of it?

Having shield just for shield is useless when you can dodge energy attacks just by moving/pressing arrow a little in some direction

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That never happened during the course of the DBZ storyline though.
Let us have USSJ, too, when you're half-way to SSJ2, you can go USSJ!

But yeah, Garlic saga confused me. Cause, Piccolo was a match for Frieza, Form 2, and somewhat of Form 3, where his PL was well over a million.

But then Piccolo was getting his ASS KICKED by Garlic Juniors minions, whom they previously beat when they were in the sub 1000 PL range? Krillin too, was really strong, like 50-100,000 PL, I think? Which would have trashed Garlic alone. Big Getty Star? No way it was THAT powerful.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
1 word, Fillers. and the excuse of piccolo was that he was getting his ass kicked so he could save Kami, after he did he started kicking garlikc jr's ass

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But it STILL ended with the Dead-Zone bit, again, with Garlic Junior kicking their ass until he, makes the ******* same mistake, and opens it again. Then Gohan does...the same thing as the movie. Twas bad.

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It looks good but i like this version of gohans shield:

It should be like the Brolly version but yellow and more glowy and i think the Brolly can acctually move with shield around him while Gohan cant.

I also made a gohans shield but PSed version of one of your images.

If i was also good at animation, the sparkles around the shield whould acctually sparkle, flicker and glow.

I know that this is ESF style it cant be like totally exactly like dbz and also designers that work on esf spirits wanna make like their own version, their own flare to it :D

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Technically so do Cell and Buu Sagas.
ok then let me correct myself. The Garlic saga story contains major plot holes and doesn't fit the Dragon Ball canon. Basically the filler is a continuation of the 1st DBZ movie which in itself doesn't fit the original Dragon Ball story and thus is not canon, same thing for Garlic jr. saga. Anyway i'm just sayin. I like the Ki shield although i'd prefer to see it in an animated .gif or a short video. Perhaps the bubble should be yellow aswell and a bit shinier

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok then let me correct myself. The Garlic saga story contains major plot holes
Same with Cell and Buu sagas.

Cell saga biggest plot hole: Dr.Gero created the androids to stop Goku. He only had readings on Goku up to about 30k PL before he left for Namek. Yet he made the androids who could make Frieza look like a baby. Yet his creations were no match at all for Goku when he was still a kid and beat the entire RR army.

Buu saga plot hole: Trunks himself. Judging from the comments of Goku and Vegeta Dabura is somewhere as strong as Cell in his perfect state. Yet somehow Babidi never appears and awakens him in Trunks future time line. Yes there were some differences between the two, but those were minimalistic. The major events were pretty much spot on in both dimensions. That aside. Goku being dead and keeping his body. In the Sayian saga Kami took Gokus body to the other side in order for his soul to have a container. Yet that was not necessary in the Buu saga. Aside from Videl, Chichi and Bulma who were shown as half human half cloud (if that was even canon) the main people all retained their bodys. The excuse was that they were expected to leave soon, but their bodys were vaporized. Same goes for the villains in Hell. They were not clouds like the rest of Hell.

The only plot hole in Saiyan saga was the bodies of Tien, Yamcha and Chautzu. But thats really the only one. The rest of the series after Frieza saga is so full of plot holes that it makes swiss cheese seem like its got no holes at all.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks good but i like this version of gohans shield:

http://www.freewebs.com/saiyan_fusion/Dragon Ball Z Gohan 48.jpg

It should be like the Brolly version but yellow and more glowy and i think the Brolly can acctually move with shield around him while Gohan cant.

I also made a gohans shield but PSed version of one of your images.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4462/editedbyslofreak.jpg

If i was also good at animation, the sparkles around the shield whould acctually sparkle, flicker and glow.

I know that this is ESF style it cant be like totally exactly like dbz and also designers that work on esf spirits wanna make like their own version, their own flare to it :D
My only problem is that such a small shield will be very hard to see from range. Things like this need to be seen for reasons of gameplay.

*edit*

And there are other reasons >:D

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Same with Cell and Buu sagas.

Cell saga biggest plot hole: Dr.Gero created the androids to stop Goku. He only had readings on Goku up to about 30k PL before he left for Namek. Yet he made the androids who could make Frieza look like a baby. Yet his creations were no match at all for Goku when he was still a kid and beat the entire RR army.
Dr.Gero did keep watching Goku until he went off to Namek but he turned himself and made #19 to be stronger than Goku while keeping in mind that he would get substantially powered up and it seems #17 and #18 we're experiments he made to be even stronger probably to battle Goku if by chance he as an android wasn't strong enough, however as we all know he couldn't control them which he already experienced before and that's probably why he didn't modify himself to be as strong as them, because they weren't "stable", or he turned himself into an android and then later discovered the "infinite energy" thing. The whole thing "if he could make androids that strong why didn't he make androids like that in the first place" is a bit silly to me. He is a scientist, he just started making artificial humans and androids at that time and you could always say that being defeated by a child drove him crazy so he the "mad scientist" that he is he devoted his life to it and made humongous progress. Also how many years passed since goku destroyed the base and first androids/artificial humans appeared? At least 10-15 years(don't feel like looking at wikis to remember the ages). In that time there could have been some revolutionary technology discoveries which allowed him to create the "infinite energy". I think most of that was explained in the manga.

Buu saga plot hole: Trunks himself. Judging from the comments of Goku and Vegeta Dabura is somewhere as strong as Cell in his perfect state. Yet somehow Babidi never appears and awakens him in Trunks future time line. Yes there were some differences between the two, but those were minimalistic. The major events were pretty much spot on in both dimensions. That aside. Goku being dead and keeping his body. In the Sayian saga Kami took Gokus body to the other side in order for his soul to have a container. Yet that was not necessary in the Buu saga. Aside from Videl, Chichi and Bulma who were shown as half human half cloud (if that was even canon) the main people all retained their bodys. The excuse was that they were expected to leave soon, but their bodys were vaporized. Same goes for the villains in Hell. They were not clouds like the rest of Hell.
About babidi. Perhaps Supreme Kaioshin stopped him. And if you forgot buu was trapped inside a egg/shell thingy and to revive majin buu from that egg/shell thingy they needed a high amount of power. Trunks at that time is just a kid and probably doesn't nearly have enough power to restore Buu. Same applies to Gohan. In that timeline Gohan doesn't reach SSJ2 fighting cell as a kid, instead after others die he hides and trains until he dies at the hands of androids.

Last edited:
1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
My only problem is that such a small shield will be very hard to see from range. Things like this need to be seen for reasons of gameplay.

*edit*

And there are other reasons >:D
The size can be changed but i mean on a style of it. More bubbly type and to be glowy yellow instead of white:

More of this style and as you said bigger so it can be seen:

I say keep the size as you guys made, but change the style to simple sphere not some spikes and lines to it. It's up to taste i guess.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The size can be changed but i mean on a style of it. More bubbly type and to be glowy yellow instead of white:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/292/nopesa.jpg

More of this style and as you said bigger so it can be seen:
http://www.freewebs.com/saiyan_fusion/Dragon Ball Z Gohan 48.jpg

I say keep the size as you guys made, but change the style to simple sphere not some spikes and lines to it. It's up to taste i guess.
As i said somewhere but forgot where. Its looks better animated. Sure it aint true to the show in any form or way other than its a sphere, but the 2 halos circling the inner sphere make it look just SO badass XD

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess I see what you're syaing but we don't always make it look exactly like the show. Sometimes we just use that as a basis and expand on an idea based on our own creativity.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the shield is going to be anything like the shield in the previous beta's, it's going to be useless again. Dodging is quicker and the damage you can do by countering while using melee is much faster and stronger than the damage the ball attack does. And to be honest, I also don't like the way the shield looks, it looks....boring. And yes, I know it is a WIP.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The thing i like is that the shield is 3D(and if I'm not mistaking it was 2D in 1.2.x) that's super!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom