The "Name That Game" Game - v3.0!

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I tried resurrecting this last year, but it just didn't seem to go as long as the original thread did. However, I, for one, enjoyed this game so much that I'm all for trying to get it up and running once again. They say that the third time's a charm - let's test that.

So, for those who don't remember, the rules of the game are very simple. I will start off by posting an image from any video game (be it released yet or not, old or new, beloved or neglected), and the first person to correctly guess the name of the game gets to go ahead and post a picture from a game of their choosing. This process continues until the thread dies, or someone seems so sickly aware of what every game looks like that we just don't want to let him/her have the satisfaction of a forum-wide victory to that end =P

So, I'll kick things right off by posting a picture from one of my favorite, older titles. I'm pretty sure that, if no one else, Phobius is bound to guess this one right off the bat =P

Guess away!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks like a breed between the karate kid (person on the right), star wars, (death star in the back, left person Han Solo), and some Michael Jackson game (the spot lights).

I'm going to guess... Star Wars?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks like a breed between the karate kid (person on the right), star wars, (death star in the back, left person Han Solo), and some Michael Jackson game (the spot lights).

I'm going to guess... Star Wars?
Nope. It is definitely not the spawn of LucasArts =P

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blade runner?
Nope; although, the setting and atmosphere from Blade Runner are kinda similar to the setting and atmosphere in this game.

EDIT - If no one objects, I'm going to highly recommend a self-enforced 'rule' (that is, it'll be the responsibility of the person who posted the picture to enforce it) that limits how long the guessing can go on. Nothing kills this game faster than when a game can't be guessed. Having said that, I'll just arbitrarily set the limit to 24 hours (ie: if no one guesses correctly in that time, I'll post the name of the game and just post something else, or pass things off to someone else who's interested).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's Demolition Man. o/

Btw, great idea, resurrecting this thread. :3 I've always loved this game.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go for it Shiyo, post a game screen :O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh snap, I was sure that was it until I took a good look at the main character.

Another World, then? :3

Best answers
i know i am right, but i'll wait untill MJ says i am right :] and the one i am thinking up is going to be a nightmare

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Syndicate, no?
Ugh! I should have checked back earlier!

I do believe Bolteh got it right - this looks like Syndicate. Heh, I think I still have an old issue of EGM that makes reference to Syndicate =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You all fail for not recognizing Flashback instantly..

Also this should totally be the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom