The Most Insane Possibly Great Idea

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ok i know everyone here has either heard of or played Halo 1 or 2.. for the xbox.

I think esf should use their great Health system with a few tweaks.

1) After taking damage, if a player doesn't take dmg for a period of time he/she begins recovering health.
2) Halo's HP recovery rate is abit too fast for esf. I suggest it should take 6 to 8 seconds to fully recover from 1 hp.
3) After taking damage it should take 10 to 12 seconds of *not taking dmg* to begin recovering hp.

Think of this.. Halo's system is *non-aggrivating* , but at the same time adds new gameplay to esf.

1) 1v1's could be to 1 death. Players would be forced to engage in a fight to get a victory, not pecking at an opponent and running away.
2) This Completely seperates Offense/Defense into 2 categories.. Defense to gain hp when needed. Offense to keep the other player from recharging.
3) Gives ki blasts a more "effective reason". Lets say you need to recharge so you start backing away. Your enemy may use ki blasts to hit you, which resets the how long you have to wait before recharging.
4) Gen beams would become more acceptable(i still believe the dmg should be reduced by a hair). But in a 1v1 both players would gain PL around a similar lvl so gen beams wouldn't be able to 1 hit K.O you.

There are more benifits,.. and i still cant find a negative

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Negative run till your HP is back.

It also gives the defense another edge over the ofense. Thats anotherone more to the better chance of hit that it already has.

Im kinda against health regeneration at all.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Negative run till your HP is back.

It also gives the defense another edge over the ofense. Thats anotherone more to the better chance of hit that it already has.

Im kinda against health regeneration at all.

nono.. you have it wrong... If the person on defense runs.. guess what.. He's not attacking..
Meaning the chaser is going to recover hp after the certain time is up..

while the runner has a HIgher chance of being hit.. with a ki blast/gen/melee which resets his time..

Keep in mind.. If he's not attacking you.. You will gain hp as well After 10 to 12 seconds. If you can damage him/her before 10 to 12 seconds, and not get hit after .. you'll begin recharging hp before the runner. Even then, you can continue chasing and delay his time even more.

Also remember it takes 6 to 8 seconds to fully recover.

But all of this really comes down to offensive / defensive skillz. Defense isn't running, defense is the ability to hold your ground.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nono.. you have it wrong... If the person on defense runs.. guess what.. He's not attacking..
Meaning the chaser is going to recover hp after the certain time is up..

while the runner has a HIgher chance of being hit.. with a ki blast/gen/melee which resets his time..

Keep in mind.. If he's not attacking you.. You will gain hp as well After 10 to 12 seconds. If you can damage him/her before 10 to 12 seconds, and not get hit after .. you'll begin recharging hp before the runner. Even then, you can continue chasing and delay his time even more.

Also remember it takes 6 to 8 seconds to fully recover.

But all of this really comes down to offensive / defensive skillz. Defense isn't running, defense is the ability to hold your ground.
Retret it's to run away but defence can be use as a retret to anbush a player into a place whenre you can win the hp going up it will be stupid you can allwase beam jump the hole map and if he is after you you can do a instat stop and blast him awey so by your idee the runing guy has 100 % of owning you and you can't do anything about it

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Retret it's to run away but defence can be use as a retret to anbush a player into a place whenre you can win the hp going up it will be stupid you can allwase beam jump the hole map and if he is after you you can do a instat stop and blast him awey so by your idee the runing guy has 100 % of owning you and you can't do anything about it
Reminder

This thread is for ESF 1.3!!!! The Beam Jump is MUCH slower ...

Also... if a player "runs away" .. whats wrong with that?? chase him...

If u dont.. YOU gain hp..
guyz it takes literaly 2 to 5 seconds to catch a runner with skillz.. If your unable to keep up with your opponent then, its means you lack manuevering skillz..

As for noobs, they're fights will last longer because they tend to take forever before attacking( waisting time). Through this they'll learn to attack faster through practice. Also, noobs like to beam spam.. noobs will enjoy being hit, and then after 10 to 12 seconds(Which is a long Long time in esf) they'll begin recharging hp.

Remember it takes 8 seconds to fully recharge from 1 hp.

Average skilled pros make contact every 3 to 6 seconds.

Pros will also enjoy this because this keeps BOTH fighters on their toes, making sure to not give his enemy any time to rest. ( PREVENTING RUNNING )
-Think about this... seriously think whats possible, it adds a NEW dynamic to esf

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reminder

Ai but its still hard to hit the suckas if they get a start going ^^

in any case. I kinda see your point. But if you ask me that would only ause fights to stay a chase untill both are recovered than fight and chase again.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reminder

Also... if a player "runs away" .. whats wrong with that?? chase him...

If u dont.. YOU gain hp..
guyz it takes literaly 2 to 5 seconds to catch a runner with skillz.. If your unable to keep up with your opponent then, its means you lack manuevering skillz..

As for noobs, they're fights will last longer because they tend to take forever before attacking( waisting time). Through this they'll learn to attack faster through practice.
I know beam jump it's much slower it's depends from the player speed so if Krillin Fight SSJ 3 Goku
and Krillin2 Beam Jumps there's no way in helll he could katckup to Krillin because Krillin has 350 speed and Goku SSJ 3 340 an a huge ki drain so there for Goku will run out of ki before he could reach him if it's posible to reach him,sorry man but this is more like a hit an run strategi you add it there

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I know beam jump it's much slower it's depends from the player speed so if Krillin Fight SSJ 3 Goku
and Krillin2 Beam Jumps there's no way in helll he could katckup to Krillin because Krillin has 350 speed and Goku SSJ 3 340 an a huge ki drain so there for Goku will run out of ki before he could reach him if it's posible to reach him,sorry man but this is more like a hit an run strategi you add it there
I believe beam jumps are set at 1 permanent speed.

Ai but its still hard to hit the suckas if they get a start going ^^

in any case. I kinda see your point. But if you ask me that would only ause fights to stay a chase untill both are recovered than fight and chase again.
I'm glad you can see my view =o, but I believe this idea makes players fight more aggressively to get the kill.. and gets rid of the cheapness of running..

Also it would give noobs, something that appears to be an HP Cushion.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The most insane worst idea ever.

Everyone would, at some point, try to keep as much distance as possible, leading to a really, really, really long fight. This would only serve to make playing ESF even more frustrating than it already is.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to agree with Zeonix on this one. Before even regenerating 10 HP (which is barely anything) you'll be like 70 seconds further which is a VERY long time in ESF. Second, when was anyone capable (next to Piccolo, Cell and Buu) of renegerating? This is indeed the-most-insane-possibly-worst-idea.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'll be Buu's healing all over again. I used that for like... 2 days... when I was a noob...

I quickly realized that there's absolutely no point in healing, because it takes too damn long and you're going to eventually die anyway. So why bother to go through all of the trouble of coding an HP recovery system when almost everyone understands that there's no point in HAVING an HP recovery system?

Best answers
This is definitely your worst Idea yet.

People are going to run to regenerate the second they get hit.

Please put some actual thought into your ideas.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
This is definitely your worst Idea yet.

People are going to run to regenerate the second they get hit.

Please put some actual thought into your ideas.
-_-, actually alot of "pro" or "experienced" players believe itz a good idea.. zeo is actually the 2nd "experience" player to doubt the idea..

For the record i put thought into all my ideas.... and maybe you should thoroughly think about and understand someone's idea before rejecting them @ the first site what may seem to be negative/bad...

As for your 2nd sentence.. noobs run ALL the time when faced with a much better opponent.. Proof: They cant get away from me.. 10 to 12seconds without being hit, to Begin* recharging hp is Very long time in esf.

Skilled fighters make contact every 3 to 6 seconds..

Taking 8 to 10 seconds to fully recover from 1 hp.. After you've waited 10 to 12 seconds, without being hit to START recharging.
---------------------
Now, if someone runs.. you chase, it happens all the time in esf.. (read previous comments to understand...)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont see anything wrong with it, especially with the way 1.3 works. its not easy to run away from an opponent anymore. youd survive longer just by fighting.

only the noobs are gonna be running away to regenerate, and thats only until they find out how pointless it is.

EDIT:eek:n top of that it just makes sense on how the anatomy works, the longer you rest the more you heal up. which brings me to my part of the suggestion

at a certain point (like 10-20 health) the injuries are too severe to regenerate from. kind of like if you had a broken bone or had been run through by someones beam or fist.

Best answers
Bad idea. All this is going to do is lengthen fights unnecessarily. I don't see any benefit at all in this suggestion.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont see anything wrong with it, especially with the way 1.3 works. its not easy to run away from an opponent anymore. youd survive longer just by fighting.

If it's impossible to get away from your opponent, why waste time with implementing a useless feature? The idea is either ridiculous because it's only going to make fights extremely tedious or it's ridiculous because we're always making contact and there's just no point in implementing a system that would make matches retarded due to the fact that you'd have full hp after each round.

only the noobs are gonna be running away to regenerate, and thats only until they find out how pointless it is.

You mean the same noobs that found it necessary to play "defensively" at all times? By defensively, I mean they run 99%, and only try to get a hit in when you stop chasing because a) you're charging ki because you've been chasing for so long or b) because you realize if you charge, the guy is going to swoop in like the scavenger that he is. I've played this game long enough to know that this idea would only serve to make ESF worse than it already is.

EDIT:eek:n top of that it just makes sense on how the anatomy works, the longer you rest the more you heal up. which brings me to my part of the suggestion

No. Don't try to apply real world logic to a dbz game, especially when that logic doesn't even apply in dbz. When Goku gets his ass handed to him, he spends months "recovering hp". He doesn't start flying backwards or teleporting away to hit the 12 second mark.

at a certain point (like 10-20 health) the injuries are too severe to regenerate from. kind of like if you had a broken bone or had been run through by someones beam or fist.

If you're flying around and fighting with broken bones, you might as well be able to recover. I mean, it makes sense. We can pretend the character puts his wrist bracers onto the area with the broken bone, and with his super wolverine healing powers, he's able to mend his wounds. During a fight.

Look at me. No, look at me. In the eyes. Right now. No, you be quiet. Look at me in the eyes.

Bad.

Idea.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry Jinx. Im also on the bad idea line.

Yes you thought it out. And it makes sense. BUT you missed one important factor in your thoughts. The people playing. Your idea would work like you imagined only for a minority of players. The majority on the other hand will use the run tactic in order to healup as soon as they get hit.

Killing people that run takes a long time in 1.2 so im happy that in 1.3 its easier to kill them. But putting this in could make fights with them longer than in 1.2

On a side note youll be scaring new people away. Pros will have a score of x to 0. Just because they regenerate their HP after they kill anyone who is on a lower skill level. Youll give new people no chance to make a kill unless they either get lucky with a spirit bomb or disc. They would get so anoyed with the fact that he has 0 deaths that they would quit even faster than now.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Sorry Jinx. Im also on the bad idea line.

Yes you thought it out. And it makes sense. BUT you missed one important factor in your thoughts. The people playing. Your idea would work like you imagined only for a minority of players. The majority on the other hand will use the run tactic in order to healup as soon as they get hit.

Killing people that run takes a long time in 1.2 so im happy that in 1.3 its easier to kill them. But putting this in could make fights with them longer than in 1.2

On a side note youll be scaring new people away. Pros will have a score of x to 0. Just because they regenerate their HP after they kill anyone who is on a lower skill level. Youll give new people no chance to make a kill unless they either get lucky with a spirit bomb or disc. They would get so anoyed with the fact that he has 0 deaths that they would quit even faster than now.

=|.... i still dont see why everyone is worried about people "attempting" to abuse this.. It's nearly impossible to.

Go play halo.. people attack all the time.... they usually take cover* when their hp is significantly low..(im talking about online play)

Also.. Being killed so easily is what is driving noobs away.. its not the "score" of more experienced players. They die before they even know what's happend.. With this idea the same thing would happen.. but this idea alone WOULD probably provoke a completely new player to run away. Is that a bad thing? Learning to not get in hit?
As for this statement from zeo..

If it's impossible to get away from your opponent, why waste time with implementing a useless feature? The idea is either ridiculous because it's only going to make fights extremely tedious or it's ridiculous because we're always making contact and there's just no point in implementing a system that would make matches retarded due to the fact that you'd have full hp after each round.

1)Zeo... Read my previous posts.. I said with this idea, 1v1's could be to 1* death.

2)It's not a waste, you have to think of it in terms of "strategy".
- Currently i believe deaths are way to quick.. since when have you ever seen a real dbz fight last less then 30 seconds..(when both fighters are around the same power level).

3)As for the strategy, Offense / Defense fighters switch between the 2 all the time. If someone runs, how is that bad? considering it already happens alot.. mostly when people have low hp(and ive seen alot of people attack with low hp as well). With this new feature people may feel More Confident in attacking because they know they have a "chance of healing", or they may want to stop their opponent from healing first by shooting a ki blasts or gen beam, or hitting them with melee.

4)Skilled fighters make contact every 3 to 6 seconds... 10 to 12 seconds without taking damage is a long time to wait in esf, and thats before you even "begin healing". The process of fully healing takes 6 to 8 seconds if you have 1 hp... ( which is still a long time in esf )

5)Remember that beam jumpin in 1.3 = VERy SLOW...... It's not a very effective way of running in 1.3

6)More Indepth Strategy
2 Fighters going for the kill will go after their opponent, as both players fight aggressively and carefully they stay close to each other making sure the other fighter wont rest for 10 to 12 because then he/she would begin healing.

So they fight to stay near each other using ki blasts or gen beams to reset the "waiting period"(10 to 12 seconds) of their enemy. If one starts playing abit defensively.

Just hitting them 1 time with anything that causes dmg, resets the timer. So now, the person on offense has the advantage, because he will begin healing first AFTER 10 to 12 seconds. Now the person on defense with "Lower HP" is prevoked to attack the person on offense, because he knows his enemy is going to heal first.

While, the person on offense may have slightly more hp and may decide to stay close to his opponent and ki blast/ gen beam/melee him in order to reset his "waiting period" again.

Which would provoke the person on defense EVEN more to attack him so he cant begine recharging hp..

------------------

Now.. as for a noob fight, This idea STILL isn't bad.. noobs dont have alot of skillz so they tend to stick to adv melee... and lets just say they try to abuse this idea... They'll be practicing either 2 things Chasing(which is easy), and Avoiding being hit( which may be abit harder) I really see no negatives....

btw IS THERE ANYONE who can make an AMX PLUGIN??? i would love to test this out

5)

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still say it's a bad idee like i'v said if some one chose a fast cahracter vs a slow caracter the fast character wins,and if you win and have low hp it will tale him a lot to find you after you kileed him 4 secons whit the halo on pluss jump and loking for you

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=|.... i still dont see why everyone is worried about people "attempting" to abuse this.. It's nearly impossible to.

Try thinking outside of the box.

Go play halo.. people attack all the time.... they usually take cover* when their hp is significantly low..(im talking about online play)

You're seriously going to try to compare Halo to ESF? Wow.

Also.. Being killed so easily is what is driving noobs away.. its not the "score" of more experienced players. They die before they even know what's happend.. With this idea the same thing would happen.. but this idea alone WOULD probably provoke a completely new player to run away. Is that a bad thing? Learning to not get in hit?

Oh, this is for the noobs then. We're going to destroy the game to keep people we don't want nor need around. Hey, I have an idea. How about instead of destroying the game with your half-baked idea, we just screw around with the stats. You know, nerf damage here and there, increase hp maybe. Little hinges, big door.

As for this statement from zeo..

1)Zeo... Read my previous posts.. I said with this idea, 1v1's could be to 1* death.

Yeah, we're going to change the way we've been doing things since....well, the very beginning to accommodate your idea. No. We're not. Matches to 1 are retarded, and you're simply telling me and everyone else that you expect people to run away and try to regain hp.

2)It's not a waste, you have to think of it in terms of "strategy".
- Currently i believe deaths are way to quick.. since when have you ever seen a real dbz fight last less then 30 seconds..(when both fighters are around the same power level).

If you consider running away to recover hp a viable "strategy" in ESF, fine, but I'm almost certain no one else does. As I said before, the team needs to tweak the amount of damage people do. That alone would fix most of what you're pretending to want to fix.

3)As for the strategy, Offense / Defense fighters switch between the 2 all the time. If someone runs, how is that bad? considering it already happens alot.. mostly when people have low hp(and ive seen alot of people attack with low hp as well). With this new feature people may feel More Confident in attacking because they know they have a "chance of healing", or they may want to stop their opponent from healing first by shooting a ki blasts or gen beam, or hitting them with melee.

How is running bad? I remember when people weren't afraid to get hit or afraid to fight. They didn't run and run and run, swoop forward, miss, and start running again. The player base sucks for a reason, and this is one of them.

4)Skilled fighters make contact every 3 to 6 seconds... 10 to 12 seconds without taking damage is a long time to wait in esf, and thats before you even "begin healing". The process of fully healing takes 6 to 8 seconds if you have 1 hp... ( which is still a long time in esf )

Go ahead and show me your findings to back up the "every 3-6 seconds" crap. I'm sure you'd just take advantage of that little jump bug, and you'd hop around the bunny trail until your hp was fully recovered.

5)Remember that beam jumpin in 1.3 = VERy SLOW...... It's not a very effective way of running in 1.3

Again, you use that pseudo bunny hop so beam jumping doesn't even matter.

6)More Indepth Strategy
2 Fighters going for the kill will go after their opponent, as both players fight aggressively and carefully they stay close to each other making sure the other fighter wont rest for 10 to 12 because then he/she would begin healing.

So they fight to stay near each other using ki blasts or gen beams to reset the "waiting period"(10 to 12 seconds) of their enemy. If one starts playing abit defensively.

So you're encouraging gang banging, something most people don't appreciate. This idea is getting worse and worse, Jinx.

Just hitting them 1 time with anything that causes dmg, resets the timer. So now, the person on offense has the advantage, because he will begin healing first AFTER 10 to 12 seconds. Now the person on defense with "Lower HP" is prevoked to attack the person on offense, because he knows his enemy is going to heal first.

In ESF, the defensive person has the overwhelming advantage, so no, the offensive player doesn't have the advantage just because the other guy is trying to recover hp. What if the guy switches from defense to offense, knocking his opponent away and giving him time to flee once more? Or does that reset the timer too, rendering your idea useless.

While, the person on offense may have slightly more hp and may decide to stay close to his opponent and ki blast/ gen beam/melee him in order to reset his "waiting period" again.

Which would provoke the person on defense EVEN more to attack him so he cant begine recharging hp..

------------------

Now.. as for a noob fight, This idea STILL isn't bad.. noobs dont have alot of skillz so they tend to stick to adv melee... and lets just say they try to abuse this idea... They'll be practicing either 2 things Chasing(which is easy), and Avoiding being hit( which may be abit harder) I really see no negatives....

Noobs use advanced melee because they don't know that they shouldn't, and there aren't anymore people around who will try to guide them. Noobs don't matter though, because I didn't play ESF to play with people who don't know the game. I played with pros, and I know how pros think. People will run, recover hp, return, fight, and if necessary, run again.
Bad idea, Jinx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom