The Most Insane Possibly Great Idea

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Notice how my problem is with Jinx's idea. Not moving = recovering isn't Jinx's idea. His entire platform for this idea not being exploitable was "pros make contact every 3-6 seconds". You're confusing what other people have said with that Jinx has said.
that wasnt his idea, it was mine.

That isn't recovering hp. That's recovering stamina. He was still broken. He was also waiting for Vegeta to make his move, so he really didn't have any other choice but to wait.
were talking about the show now, there isnt any hp there is only stamina and ki.

Why would I try to fix an idea that has no place in ESF? Why would I try to help put something I don't want in the game? Why would I attempt to fix something that shouldn't be fixed? Also, ask yourself why I posted what I posted. Screw negative comments? **** that. I told him how it'd be exploited, people agreed with me, and then I backed off. Then he basically said if you have anything negative to say about his idea, just don't post. He isn't in the right, and I'm not trying to be in the right. Just understand where I'm coming from before you start hugging him and telling him everything is going to be alright while wagging your fat finger at me.
you dont understand yet? im not arguing for jinx's sake, im arguing with you cause your being a **** and once again trying to be the tough guy. if jinx says that your comments are not welcome why is it your place to post anything else? not only is it his thread but now your just being as childish as him by posting again.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that wasnt his idea, it was mine.

Then your rationalization was asinine.

were talking about the show now, there isnt any hp there is only stamina and ki.

Hp and Ki are intertwined in the show. That doesn't change the fact that his body was still broken.

you dont understand yet? im not arguing for jinx's sake, im arguing with you cause your being a **** and once again trying to be the tough guy. if jinx says that your comments are not welcome why is it your place to post anything else? not only is it his thread but now your just being as childish as him by posting again.

This is the suggestion forum. This is a place to discuss suggestions.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/discussion

If you and Jinx want a one-sided discussion, you're no better than the esf team. If the people who liked the idea are allowed to voice their opinion on the matter, then I'm allowed to say I don't like the idea and it isn't going to work. That's just how it is. Who is Jinx to say negative comments aren't allowed? To say we're not allowed to voice our opinions? You don't see me trying to tell people NOT to like the idea, so what gives? You're both full of yourselves. That's the problem. Yeah, I'm an egomaniac, but I'm not one to stifle opinions and I'm not one to say someone's opinion is wrong.

That said, Dark, your opinion is wrong. Don't voice it again. It isn't right. It's wrong. You're wrong. Jinx is wrong.

Screw positive comments.
Since I'm such a nice guy, I'll change the idea in such a way that it won't damage the game, you'll get a form of the idea in, and no one will run 24/7:

You're hit. You're hurt. You're damaged. 15 hp. Oh god. What to do? Oh no. You've been hit again. 4 hp. Your pl is dropping. Oh god...you don't want to die. You scream out to the heavens, "WHY?!"

"Run, Dark. Run."

You begin to evade. You're not getting hit. This is amazing. Something is happening. Can you feel it? AmaZing...your hp is regenerating. Dear lord, your pl stopped dropping.

6 hp

7 hp

The power!

9 hp

10 hp

10 hp

10 hp

Oh. Yeah, it's capped at 10 hp. You're good to go. Time is no longer against you.

The end.

Yes, it's John's idea. I just changed the number to 10. What? Want some? Let's fight about it.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since I'm such a nice guy, I'll change the idea in such a way that it won't damage the game, you'll get a form of the idea in, and no one will run 24/7:

You're hit. You're hurt. You're damaged. 15 hp. Oh god. What to do? Oh no. You've been hit again. 4 hp. Your pl is dropping. Oh god...you don't want to die. You scream out to the heavens, "WHY?!"

"Run, Dark. Run."

You begin to evade. You're not getting hit. This is amazing. Something is happening. Can you feel it? AmaZing...your hp is regenerating. Dear lord, your pl stopped dropping.

6 hp

7 hp

The power!

9 hp

10 hp

10 hp

10 hp

Oh. Yeah, it's capped at 10 hp. You're good to go. Time is no longer against you.

The end.
1) He said if your health is above 5 but lower than 25. 4hp is smaller than 5 (I hope).
2) Being stationary is required. Running isn't being stationary.

However, a speed decrease would mean that running wouldn't work too well as being slower than your hunter usually results in you being caught.

This also allows the offensive player to gain the upper hand. Being 1 hit away from death and the need to be stationary are rather handy.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn guys it was funn wathing you guys fight but Zeonix It's right hp regeneration will not work for ESF because esf it's a fast game , note if in the game you will have a life of 1,000 and fight like mad hp regeneration could work , but since you have 100 hp you get verry fast fight it will be usless to add this, there will be a lot of esf 1.3 addons and maybe they will like this idee but I like ESF as simple as it can get , I think right now the game it's hard to learn if you never played esf in your life (I will try to see if I can get a man to lear esf in 1 day)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) He said if your health is above 5 but lower than 25. 4hp is smaller than 5 (I hope).
2) Being stationary is required. Running isn't being stationary.

However, a speed decrease would mean that running wouldn't work too well as being slower than your hunter usually results in you being caught.

This also allows the offensive player to gain the upper hand. Being 1 hit away from death and the need to be stationary are rather handy.
If being stationary is required, then we're back to my first point about this not working. Even in a match, you don't have 6-12 seconds before the guy respawns and goes right for you (especially when he knows you're going to try to regen). In order for it to work, you'd have to be able to move. In order to balance it, you shouldn't be able to attack. If you're able to move, but unable to attack, then you're forced to run. If you're able to run, you can regen forever.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If being stationary is required, then we're back to my first point about this not working. Even in a match, you don't have 6-12 seconds before the guy respawns and goes right for you (especially when he knows you're going to try to regen). In order for it to work, you'd have to be able to move. In order to balance it, you shouldn't be able to attack. If you're able to move, but unable to attack, then you're forced to run. If you're able to run, you can regen forever.
How about a big speed decrease while you are regenerating. You select regenerate and your HP starts going up towards the cap. Your speed is decreased by 20. It could work. And since youd select it as an attack you couldnt do anything exept try to evade.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would go against Dark's dea, since you're proposing they regenerate while moving around, expending both ki and stamina.

Honestly, I'd rather not see regen in ESF, but if it HAS to be in, just give buu's regen to everyone, and change the animation.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
well stop about that whole regeneration now.. What about when ure charging ure KI you must be also charging ure HP till 25 / 35 HP.
this is better. no lame like running away from battle's.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Don't be angry at me because you and jinx can't think of the consequences his idea would bring.
Are you sure? Maybe you cant "thinK" of what good it would bring.

Also.. Buu's regen is almost useless..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you sure? Maybe you cant "thinK" of what good it would bring.

Also.. Buu's regen is almost useless..
Or maybe I've considered both the pros and cons and the cons outweigh the pros.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Can anyone here who knows hwo to make an amx plugin plz post on the thread
Edit:::

well stop about that whole regeneration now.. What about when ure charging ure KI you must be also charging ure HP till 25 / 35 HP.
this is better. no lame like running away from battle's.

I like this idea.. But i think it would be better if the hp cap was at the players maximum hp. Here is how i think it would be more "usefull".

To regenerate hp a player must powerup for 3 seconds WITH* a "full Ki bar". Once the ki bar is full and a player has powered up for 3 seconds, the player's HP will begin regenerating about 3 to 5 times faster then Buu's Regeneration.

- If a player tries to "ruN" he/she burns ki making it even harder/near impossible to regenerate hp.
- Also the Hp Regeneration is Stationary... Making the person regenerating hp an easier target.

Mog

Best answers
It's been interesting reading this thread so far...
I think (as I mentioned earlier) that HP reward for defeating an opponent (amount based on PL difference) is a good idea.
Of course it would also need a setting to turn it on/off... it probably wouldn't work so good for 1-on-1 servers.

VideoJinx said:
Can anyone here who knows hwo to make an amx plugin plz post on the thread
So I don't count because I'm a noob? :D :(
(btw, my regen plugin doesn't take away health now... yay!)

(I still can't figure out how to detect max_health so I still use 100 as cap...
Thanks Harsens for making it kind of more complicated than I was told it should have been! (grr)
heh... oh well a bit more challenge should make good practice... ;D)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I said that because im looking for someone who can make this as an amx plugin.. I wasn't rejecting n e 1's idea

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry but im pretty much 100% with Zeo on this, we all know that when you're good at esf, the only thing that makes you get hit, is trying to hit opponent. If you put it so you have to avoid attacks before your hp starts regenerating, then you'll screw up everything, people will just go for one kill runs, which will be roll as much as possible > kiblob > generic beam, all pro fights will be about who has the biggest string of damage. Then there's the issue where pro's will continually bully noobs and they just wont ever die. I see these suggestions of standing still, and ki burning, but its like trying to fix something that aint broken. There's really no need for this idea, christ, the gameplay is messed up enough at the moment, i think we oughta worry about that before we throw in such a radical suggestion like this.

The only way I see this working, is that hp regeneration would be linked to stamina (more stamina = more regen), not only that but the numbers would have to be small, it'd be 2hp every 5 seconds for no stamina, 5hp every 5 seconds with medium stamina, and 10hp every 5 seconds for full stamina, you'd need a time before any kind of stamina would kick in though, bout 5-10 seconds after damage. I just think you're all thinking on the wrong scales of rejuvenation, esf is fast paced games, and for somebody to regenerate stamina it's got to be earned, that is very hard to judge in esf, because of the vast difference in skill between people, while good to moderate players may be coping pretty well with the health regen, the pro's might walk all over them for such things, and it's not like there's not enough of a gap between the two already. The noobs are who would suffer most, and for a game that needs as much playerbase as possible at the moment, it's vital we dont do that.

The thing that makes regeneration in Halo 1 work, is that the shield regenerates, not the health and I personally think it was much better in halo 1. Even in halo 2, after you shield you had a set amount that wouldnt regenerate untill the shield was coming back. Thats a whole other subject though.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Wewt !!! <3 DavidSkiwan's reply xD

ah it was the shield not the hp =o thats what i meant the whole time i was calling it hp x.x i was thinking esf players could have a shield/Aura/Electicity of somekind that regenerates like how it does in halo 2 =p. When your shield is at its max electricity could flare, and when its damaged there would be no electricity

Thanks alot for the input, It's very explanitory =)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You want us to have shields.

What

The

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously, don't even try to talk to Jinx anymore. David mentions something about shields and now he suddenly wants shields in the game? No way, for crying out loud, the only persons in the show who had regeneration were Cell, Buu and Picollo, no one else. The only one who had a shield in the show was Gohan IIRC. Stop adding things to the game that were not in the show and unbalances the game.

Jesus, the game works fine as it is now, no need to make fights longer with useless and time consuming (coding wise) regeneration. Want to fight longer? Get better. Want to fight more? Respawn.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
As of the shields thing.. i wasn't wanting the SHIELD itself i was suggesting Halo2's CONCEPT of how they used the shield..

Think about in DBZ they couldn't take too much damage at one time or theyd'e die..

The Halo2 shield concept, adds a new gameplay.. meaning NO MORE PECKING at someone..

Attacking and running would become USELESS because the person would just recharge.

To kill somone ude be required to attack them over and over.

Keep in mind these character are not humans and they are saiyajins

Best answers
Originally Posted by john_volkov
the simple melee will be verry useless
simple melee in 1.3 is not useless, your either not good at it, or you dont understand its full potential.

jinx your idea is awesome, imagine regen. wow what a thought, but i'm afraid if it ever happens your all way off.

AWESOME and it WORKS! wow

thoughts that pop into my head all of a sudden, i read all your post's,
and i think its pathetic, like jinx said, but in my word's. if you dont have anything positive to type, then get out of the thread!, idea's make things move on, esf needs to move on, jinx i seen some of your idea's, and you have obviosuly thought them through, you just needed other people's thought's. not having them stab you in the back for suggesting an idea, that works when modified, all you people who posted ON THIS THREAD should be ashamed (only the bad posts), insulting him and his ideas!, when he is trying to make the game better for all people.
i understand your idea jinx. now i pushed it to the next level.

this is how it work's,
stamina, not affected at all.
power up . this gains you ki over time.

health - this doesnt change, until now.

power up and healh should be done in a simular way, you will have another key, like "E" to "powerup" and "R" to "healthup"
now when you powerup, you gain ki pretty darn quick
but when you health up you gain health pretty darn slow
ki / second -- for example lets say its 25% so 4 seconds your recharged.
hp / second -- +2, to regain health.

edited i was about to submit when this thought revealed itself to me, now to make things harder you could always have a recharge time for the use of healthup, for 5 seconds. bearing in mind people, 10 seconds for 20 hp, well this would unbalanace a three way fight, but then, that is already unbalanced >) so no loss only a gain for when the other two engage >)

now for the good part
what happens when you charge ki,
you cant move...... so what happens when you charge health, you cant move....

so what happens if your charging health and get attacked, you cant move, but you have to stop charging, or you will get hit, and you have to move, but this cost's ki aswell, so if you teleport you have 2-4seconds against a pro at most and 4-8 seconds against a non-pro. 4 seconds = 8hp, for a non-pro fight, that would be good, but barely any. you will have to get the balance of ki charge and hp charge.

what happens when pro's fight a lot, they lose a lot of ki, and charge after every hit, this idea makes charging health, a very hard task, however only against over pro's, if there facing non-pro's they can do it, but when do they face noobs, only when there's more than 1, so lets look closely at that.

when will people get enough time to charge a descent amount of health.
they cant, even if they run, on public, charging with health like ki, you will be opening your self to attack. even if you run and charge to gain advantage over the opponents in public, well thats going to be hard, considering you gain it so slow, and 1 hit from a super long swoop, in 1.3, will take so much health off, you'll be wasting time.

the super swoop, counter's runners, but you can gain , 5 odd hp after a successful attack thus allowing the game to be a little more tactical. for non-pro's and pro's. this idea is so cool i want it implemented on 1.2 >.<

it's easy to gain a little health now and then, but to gain 110 odd health, well lets do the math, thats 55 seconds , according to people you have 3-6 seconds before you get attacked, now 55 seconds in 1 spot is a long time to be standing still...... a very very long time.. but lets say for arguments sake its not long enough ^^ lets make it 1 health / second, so it takes 110 seconds which makes it impossible to build to full health in any pro or non-pro fight.... so what about 3 health / second, man thats too easy to gain health over a fight... where as 2 health / second will keep the interest a little longer. ever lost a fight by 1hp ? i guess the regen could make that different, but no matter the health or regen gain in a fight.

if your outclassed, you wont stand a chance no matter the rules, health, regen. pro's vs non-pro's , nothing will change here, non-pro's always on public, there for always going to be beaten by pro's in public as usual, however the hp regen means non-pro's can get a little health back so there happy >)

how much dammage can you do in attack, non-pro's anything from 5-20 (example) well there goes 10 seconds of regen time because some flew into you by mistake haha. >)

pro can take half your health in 1 attack quite easily. so regen for them is a bad thing to do, unless... your able to control it in a fight, so after you hit some one 2 -3 times + beam(jump maybe) you charge ki, they get up , they charge ki, you charge health , they finish chraging, you have to stop charging health, you gained 12hp nice one. but now your opponent has all his ki back so your back where you started.

well i need to give this idea a bit more thought but only quote bits at a time, even if you have to get two web pages open to copy and past, or edit your post, just this is rather long.

and finaly , if all fails , raise the hp and dont have regen, or half the dammage given to players from all possible dammages , you must half them, so it will act like they have double health. ok my arm akes. >.< only post positive thoughts.

i thought this through , checked a few times, and made sure i looked at the bad idea's, well this idea could possibly be useless to someone who cant control it as well, but at times it will be useful to them aswell so there is a balance, as for pro's, for them it's well... you'll figure it or see someone's way of using it, i already know mine >)

the idea of making it like powerup, means its easy to engage, and dis-engage the charge.

only post if you can improve the idea, or if you have a problem on how it work's, i dont want to hear insults, only ways it will not work,
this idea counters the following.....

running!!! why, because a super swoop just travel's to far to fast, you'd be running round for 3 hp a time, and when you get hit, you lost 25+ so you have to fight. people will always run , in any case/game. so why dont you all stop moaning about it and do what i did, figure a way to beat it, when they run, you charge your ki to full, they stop and charge health, there ki is lower, then you super swoop down, remember you can chain super swoop so its ok...
non-pro's are bad runner's, so pro's only run, but if that happen's , pro's should be able to handle it... now gday to you... and jinx i want to hear your thoughts on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom