The Most Insane Possibly Great Idea

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm arguing that regeneration would ruin the game for pros, which would inevitably ruin the game for noobs. If I'm able to run away, and regenerate my hp, it's going to take someone significantly better than me to take me down. Otherwise, the fight will last forever.

Take the idea to the pub, and noobs don't stand a chance if there's even one good player who has a brain. He's just going to kill everyone, heal himself, and by the time the server changes to the next map, he'll be 500-0.

And now you want to add fatigue, which seems like another way to punish pros for being better than everyone else. We don't need fatigue. Hell, we don't even need stamina, but the team needed a way to make it easier to fight someone who teleported a lot. Adding stamina is easier than expecting people to, you know, learn the game and get good enough at it that they'd be able to hold their own. You guys can keep trying to add **** to a broken system, but the end product isn't going to be any better than it is now.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Screw everyones negative comments, you shouldn't be posten >.>

The quote below are results i like to see.

maybe it you bee a plugin so that you could play but anyway if you wanted to make hp regeneration you sould said about MaxPayne when your low on hp verry lo like 5 it will go up to 25 max then use painkillers(senzu beams)
Nice idea John =). Its similar to mine except it only happens when the player has under 25 hp. Hrm but maybe 25hp is too low for esf? Because 1 hit and your dead... I was thinking maybe 35 hp ?

For those who dont understand it could work something like this.

After your hp goes below 35 hp, It could either regenerate slowly back up to 35, OR After 5 to 6 seconds of not taking damage the Hp will regenerate to 35 hp.

*The reason for making suggestions on a forums is to "Produce Good Ideas"*

-That takes alot of *Molding*(taking something " bad " and making something "good" )

-That doesn't include trashing an idea >.>

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I agree. It encourages running when low on hp and there are already enough of those out there.

Best answers
That's BS, if we never gave negative comments on a suggestion, it would seem that every suggestion is good. And they are not.
Like suggestions of putting Broly or fusions in the game. o_0
Anyways, take all comments lightly videojinx. We're just putting forth our views. Thats what forums are for.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx, all of your suggestions are horrible. You obviously don't think your ideas through, and that's why you have to change them 5 billion times in each and every thread. Even then, your ideas don't get any better, just more convoluted. Now you're saying you don't want negative critz. Well, I don't want people reading your horrible ideas, but I can't stop that. Once you post an idea in the public domain, your ass is ours. We'll pass you around, take turns, and then throw you away.

Sorry pal. That's just how it works. I've created suggestion threads and for the most part, my ideas never got trashed. Why? Because I think things through. I focus my thoughts on a single idea, rather than create 12 threads a day, and I then I try to tear apart my own idea. Once I'm done destroying it, I look for ways to make it better, and then I tear it down again. When I'm satisfied, I post it. You obviously don't do this. You think of something, say to yourself "THIS IS THE GREATEST IDEA EVER THOUGHT OF BY ANYONE EVER", and then you create a thread.

Yeah, yeah, sometimes you get input from people like Dark, but you have to understand that just because a player is good doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about. Very few pros know how to verbalize what makes them good, or how the team can make ESF better. The people you're talking to aren't one of those few. You guys pitch an idea, build it up, and pretend it can't go wrong. I've got news for you Jinx. All of your ideas are fundamentally flawed.

Change your attitude and we may decide to help you. If you're just going to shun us, don't bother posting your ideas because they're not going to be taken seriously by the forum community, nor the esf community, nor the dev team. People are going to treat it like it is: a joke.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
zeo, thats going too far. whether you like the idea or not you shouldnt be putting the person who suggested the idea down like that. at least hes posting ideas, he even knows full well that any kind of big idea will never be implemented because of the closed mindedness of the team.

and to jinx, those comments are what shapes everything on a game. just go talk to vegetto or any other modeller.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nowhere in my post do I put him down. Read the post before responding.

Don't group him with the other people who suggest huge changes that would benefit everyone. None of his ideas are worth implementing and none of them would serve to make the game any better.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx, all of your suggestions are horrible

i dont take that as just criticism, and im sure no one else would. i dont care about the suggestion as much as do your treating of him.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did I say Jinx is horrible? No. I said his suggestions are horrible, therefore I am criticizing his suggestions and ideas, and not him personally. When someone makes a thread with the title "The Most Insane Possibly Great Idea", it better damn well be or you can expect people to be critical of any and all ideas.

Anything else?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Since everyone is afraid of "runners" why doesn't anyone suggest a way to stop runners..

Unless that is what the "stamina system does"

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I already have, and the suggestion fell on deaf ears.

Zeonix said:
7) Stop punishing aggressive players. What I mean by this is defensive players have a huge advantage over aggressive players because of the way things like HOW work. I discussed this in the ZR forum and Rayne helped with this idea. Basically, people who run are able to swoop from 10 "Feet" away into their opponent and create a HOW, regardless of how long the other person was swooping. I think HOW's should only be possible from "x" distance. If the person running swoops anywhere below x, they get hit. As it stands now, HOWs will work unless your extremely close to your opponent. My logic is the person who has been swooping longer is traveling at a faster speed, and since he has more momentum he should roll right through the person who swooped from 10 feet away (since he was unable to reach maximum velocity).

The speed at which people swoop backwards should also be lowered, and they shouldn't be able to go from traveling back at full speed to traveling in a completely different direction at full speed in a split second.
Taken from here: http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=66854

And just for kicks and giggles: http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=68227

The latter link would change the game in such a way that we'd only need one swoop, and we'd have more control than ever before.

Don't think I don't know how frustrating it is to write up a huge post with a suggestion you believe would alter the game for the better, only to have it completely ignored in the long run.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did I say Jinx is horrible? No. I said his suggestions are horrible, therefore I am criticizing his suggestions and ideas, and not him personally. When someone makes a thread with the title "The Most Insane Possibly Great Idea", it better damn well be or you can expect people to be critical of any and all ideas.
at that point your not criticizing the suggestion your just insulting it. what you were doing before every suggestion he has ever made (according to you) became horrible was criticism. i dont care about anything else, what you want to say is fine with me as long as it serves purpose. telling him anything he ever suggests will be useless doesnt have purpose.

besides he helped out on the beam struggling system in 1.3, and it works quite well. its actually fun to struggle thanks to him. for that ill give him at least some credit on anything he suggests as long as it isnt insanely illogical.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Insulting an idea still isn't insulting a person.

Did I say anything he ever suggests will be useless? No, I didn't. I said everything he's suggested (past tense, there buddy) has been of no use. Stop putting words into my mouth, and read the post. Then re-read it.

If beam struggling is the only thing you can think of, I rest my case. I don't plan on beam struggling during matches. If you do, kudos. I'm sure it'll be the match of the century. If you can't see how regeneration can be abused, then you're only confirming one of my previous points.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Jinx, all of your suggestions are horrible. You obviously don't think your ideas through, and that's why you have to change them 5 billion times in each and every thread.
I do think through my suggestion.. i just dont your able to see it from my point of view.... I look for positives in an idea then figure out how to eliminate the negatives....an the reason i change an idea is to make it better.... after taking input from other people... I keep an open mind.. No idea is perfect...It's just a matter of taste and opinion

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Insulting an idea still isn't insulting a person.
maybe from your twisted view it isnt, but somehow i dont think anyone else would think the same way if you told them that everything theyve ever done was "horrible"

Did I say anything he ever suggests will be useless? No, I didn't. I said everything he's suggested (past tense, there buddy) has been of no use. Stop putting words into my mouth, and read the post. Then re-read it.
Jinx, all of your suggestions are horrible

"ALL" suggests exactly what it means, past, present, and future. i would see what you mean had you said "all of the suggestions you made are horrible"

If beam struggling is the only thing you can think of, I rest my case. I don't plan on beam struggling during matches. If you do, kudos. I'm sure it'll be the match of the century. If you can't see how regeneration can be abused, then you're only confirming one of my previous points.
i dont waste my time looking through every suggestion hes ever made, quite frankly there are more than i can count. as for this "horrible" suggestion i dont see how it will be abused because as i invision it, anything you do youll die if you just try to run and regenerate. noobs will try to do this and end up dying (as usual), moderate players might try to buy time to regenerate a little bit but either way it wont help much, and pros wont give 2 ****s about it. all they will do is fight and not care, but it would be cool to fight at a little bit of a more even plane after every fight instead of having to fight again at 2 health. its like i said though, it makes sense that time at rest would do what it suggests. rest. you would gain a small ammount of stamina and health back. as long as you attack and arent at a complete stop you wont gain health back. so tell me how this is unbalanced without this bull**** running away idea.

btw it wasnt real world physics that i was basing that off of, it was the show

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe from your twisted view it isnt, but somehow i dont think anyone else would think the same way if you told them that everything theyve ever done was "horrible"

Again, putting words into my mouth. Everything he's suggested has been horrible. Does this make it a fact? No. What is a fact is that I'm stating an opinion, and as such, I don't really need to explain why I feel what I feel or why I think what I think. However, if you'd like to understand why I made that statement, feel free to browse through his suggestion threads.

"ALL" suggests exactly what it means, past, present, and future. i would see what you mean had you said "all of the suggestions you made are horrible"

All of his suggestions are horrible. Not will be horrible.

i dont waste my time looking through every suggestion hes ever made, quite frankly there are more than i can count. as for this "horrible" suggestion i dont see how it will be abused because as i invision it, anything you do youll die if you just try to run and regenerate. noobs will try to do this and end up dying (as usual), moderate players might try to buy time to regenerate a little bit but either way it wont help much, and pros wont give 2 ****s about it. all they will do is fight and not care, but it would be cool to fight at a little bit of a more even plane after every fight instead of having to fight again at 2 health. its like i said though, it makes sense that time at rest would do what it suggests. rest. you would gain a small ammount of stamina and health back. as long as you attack and arent at a complete stop you wont gain health back. so tell me how this is unbalanced without this bull**** running away idea.

Is the "running away idea" bull**** because no one can run away ever or because you don't want to admit it's a very real scenario? You don't need to be able to beam jump to flee, you don't need to swoop, and you don't need to teleport. Ask Jinx to show you how he bunny hops. Now imagine if ESF had regeneration. You might catch someone bunny hopping once or twice out of 6 times, but that doesn't change the fact that he's managed to evade you for "6-12 seconds" 6 times. Pros don't care? Is that why pros are the best when it comes to evading? When it comes to running? Or are those "techniques" one learns, just to know them, with no desire to apply them ever?

btw it wasnt real world physics that i was basing that off of, it was the show

Right, because Goku stood still and healed himself after his body was pummeled by Ginyu right? He didn't have to enter a regeneration chamber. He was just like "Oh, I'm going to take a knee, and in a few seconds, Ill be good as new!"

Don't be angry at me because you and jinx can't think of the consequences his idea would bring.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is the "running away idea" bull**** because no one can run away ever or because you don't want to admit it's a very real scenario? You don't need to be able to beam jump to flee, you don't need to swoop, and you don't need to teleport. Ask Jinx to show you how he bunny hops. Now imagine if ESF had regeneration. You might catch someone bunny hopping once or twice out of 6 times, but that doesn't change the fact that he's managed to evade you for "6-12 seconds" 6 times. Pros don't care? Is that why pros are the best when it comes to evading? When it comes to running? Or are those "techniques" one learns, just to know them, with no desire to apply them ever?
have you not been listening/reading? if you move you dont gain anything.

Right, because Goku stood still and healed himself after his body was pummeled by Ginyu right? He didn't have to enter a regeneration chamber. He was just like "Oh, I'm going to take a knee, and in a few seconds, Ill be good as new!"
i was more referring to the part where goku had blasted vegeta away with his KHH, if you didnt see that episode he had to recover from the kaoiken. because of the force of it his body was injured so all he could do is sit there for a little bit and wait while he gained enough energy and stamina to be able to defend himself.

and notice that afterwards he was still moving.

Don't be angry at me because you and jinx can't think of the consequences his idea would bring.
if you want to know what im really angry at its your inability to actually criticize anything. any criticism you give is a basic "this idea sucks" and not giving any way to make it better or balanced. it doesnt matter if its a horrible idea or not, if it is a horrible idea it wont get in so you might as well help instead of reverting to your arrogance and just putting it down over and over again.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
have you not been listening/reading? if you move you dont gain anything.

Notice how my problem is with Jinx's idea. Not moving = recovering isn't Jinx's idea. His entire platform for this idea not being exploitable was "pros make contact every 3-6 seconds". You're confusing what other people have said with that Jinx has said.

i was more referring to the part where goku had blasted vegeta away with his KHH, if you didnt see that episode he had to recover from the kaoiken. because of the force of it his body was injured so all he could do is sit there for a little bit and wait while he gained enough energy and stamina to be able to defend himself.

and notice that afterwards he was still moving.

That isn't recovering hp. That's recovering stamina. He was still broken. He was also waiting for Vegeta to make his move, so he really didn't have any other choice but to wait.

if you want to know what im really angry at its your inability to actually criticize anything. any criticism you give is a basic "this idea sucks" and not giving any way to make it better or balanced. it doesnt matter if its a horrible idea or not, if it is a horrible idea it wont get in so you might as well help instead of reverting to your arrogance and just putting it down over and over again.

Why would I try to fix an idea that has no place in ESF? Why would I try to help put something I don't want in the game? Why would I attempt to fix something that shouldn't be fixed? Also, ask yourself why I posted what I posted. Screw negative comments? **** that. I told him how it'd be exploited, people agreed with me, and then I backed off. Then he basically said if you have anything negative to say about his idea, just don't post. He isn't in the right, and I'm not trying to be in the right. Just understand where I'm coming from before you start hugging him and telling him everything is going to be alright while wagging your fat finger at me.

Stop being so damn emotional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom