The MMO For Me

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seems to me, with all of the millions of MMORPGs out there, it is difficult to find which one would suit you best. I've tried World of Warcraft, got boring after a few days. I've played Guild Wars, loved it for a long time but is now boring. I've experienced many of the "cutesie" Korean MMORPGs which peak my interest but the cartoonish and "cutesie" looks get old fast.

I am ready to ditch Guild Wars because the new FACTIONS release dissapoints me so. They seem to be making the game way more complicated than before. It would be great if I had no life and I could just sit on my ass all day and night to become good, but I don't want to do that nor can I. Also, PVPing in any MMORPG is pretty boring to me. About the only PVPing I enjoyed was Ragnarok Online's War of Emperium.

I would love to find a nice MMO that wasn't too simple (so you can't master it and become "uber" easily) but also isn't full of time consuming complexity (Ex. Having to collect elite skills, crafting forever, etc....). Also, cost needs to be little to none.

I don't want to stop playing MMORPGs because they are fun when I get bored of FPS and RTS games, but..it's very difficult finding one that suits me.

MMORPGs I HAVE PLAYED
* Anarchy Online
* Dark Ages
* Dark Eden
* Elemental Saga
* Everquest
* Flyff
* Gate To Heavens
* Guild Wars
* Gunz: The Duel
* KAL Online
* Maple Story
* Nexus TK
* ROSE Online
* Ragnarok Online
* Rakion
* Redmoon Saga
* Second Life
* Shattered Galaxy
* THANG Online
* Ultima Online
* World of Warcraft

I'm thinking of going back to Dark Ages -- I had been obsessed with that MMO for many years (From age 14 ~ 17) but left because of the community.

However, if any of you know of an MMO similar to what I described...I would greatly appritiate it.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I simply have to recommend WoW... once you reach 60, and get into the end game/pvp it's very challenging and time consuming.

Best answers
Wow, that's a long list of MMOs. And I agree, WoE was great PVPing. You even played Dark Eden? I didn't think anyone here had played that.

Onto the point of the topic, Rising Force Online looks realling interesting. I haven't played it myself, but...
And I've heard Dark Age of Camelot is (or... was) pretty good too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
g0jack said:
Wow, that's a long list of MMOs. And I agree, WoE was great PVPing. You even played Dark Eden? I didn't think anyone here had played that.

Onto the point of the topic, Rising Force Online looks realling interesting. I haven't played it myself, but...
And I've heard Dark Age of Camelot is (or... was) pretty good too.

I have steered clear of trying RF Online because I dislike it when I spend a lot of time on something then end up having it erased after beta or having to pay to play after beta. I may try it anyways and if I REALLY like it I wont mind p2p.

I've never played DARK AGE of CAMELOT but I've never heard anything great about it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They say that Silk Road Online (http://www.silkroadonline.net/) is a pretty good mmorpg, I have tried it, but I had terrible lag so I deinstalled it. I don't know if they managed to fix the lag yet, but you could try that game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FFXI. Want a time consuming game? Thats your best bet.

However, I highly suggest you read up on it first. I play the game but I haven't played for a while so I dunno if the reduced price in gil selling has made the community even worse, but this was many months ago.

Best answers
was rakion any good? i want to download it, but i dont have the patience.

Best answers
Synth said:
I simply have to recommend WoW... once you reach 60, and get into the end game/pvp it's very challenging and time consuming.
Challenging? ONLY pve wise.

PvP ? Only time consuming, not challenging. Any noob can become rank 14.
The pvp mechanics in wow literally suck.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dewd In Ћe Newd said:
Seems to me, with all of the millions of MMORPGs out there, it is difficult to find which one would suit you best. I've tried World of Warcraft, got boring after a few days. I've played Guild Wars, loved it for a long time but is now boring. I've experienced many of the "cutesie" Korean MMORPGs which peak my interest but the cartoonish and "cutesie" looks get old fast.

I am ready to ditch Guild Wars because the new FACTIONS release dissapoints me so. They seem to be making the game way more complicated than before. It would be great if I had no life and I could just sit on my ass all day and night to become good, but I don't want to do that nor can I. Also, PVPing in any MMORPG is pretty boring in my eyes. About the only PVPing I enjoyed was Ragnarok Online's War of Emperium.

I would love to find a nice MMO that wasn't too simple (so you can't master it and become "uber" easily) but also isn't full of time consuming complexity (Ex. Having to collect elite skills, crafting forever, etc....). Also, cost needs to be little to none.

I don't want to stop playing MMORPGs because they are fun when I get bored of FPS and RTS games, but..it's very difficult finding one that suits me.

MMORPGs I HAVE PLAYED
* Anarchy Online
* Dark Ages
* Dark Eden
* Elemental Saga
* Everquest
* Flyff
* Gate To Heavens
* Guild Wars
* Gunz: The Duel
* KAL Online
* Maple Story
* Nexus TK
* ROSE Online
* Ragnarok Online
* Rakion
* Redmoon Saga
* Second Life
* Shattered Galaxy
* THANG Online
* Ultima Online
* World of Warcraft

I'm thinking of going back to Dark Ages -- I had been obsessed with that MMO for many years (From age 14 ~ 17) but left because of the community.

However, if any of you know of an MMO similar to what I described...I would greatly appritiate it.
Final Fantasy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Godhand said:
PvP ? Only time consuming, not challenging. Any noob can become rank 14.
The pvp mechanics in wow literally suck.
How can pvp mechanics in wow literally suck? That makes no sense. They don't even have a physical representation in the real world, let alone a mouth or organ that would allow them the suction function needed, to be able to suck.

Your post intrigues and confuses me. I don't understand you!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN!?!?!

Anyways. WoW is your best bet, but you seem to have only played it for a few days which kind of confuses me. With that long list of mmo's surely you would know that you need to play an mmo for at least a couple of weeks to get the whole feel from it to decide if you like it or not.

I'd say go back to WoW and play it through. And if not that, D&D Online is looking pretty good right now.

And just incase you even think about it, do not, and I repeat this, do not get FFXI if you want a game you can simply log on and play. FFXI is all about waiting hours to get one group for 30 minutes.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, and I'd like to clear things up, if you guys even read the list of games he read, it would show.
* World of Warcraft

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
And if you even read his post, it would show,

So technically, he really hasn't played it.
Oh, but he has.
Dewd In Ћe Newd said:
Seems to me, with all of the millions of MMORPGs out there, it is difficult to find which one would suit you best. I've tried
* World of Warcraft
If you would like to continue to fail to correct me, continue.

Best answers
Anyways. WoW is your best bet, but you seem to have only played it for a few days which kind of confuses me. With that long list of mmo's surely you would know that you need to play an mmo for at least a couple of weeks to get the whole feel from it to decide if you like it or not.
i've played just about as many mmo's as he has, and i find its pretty easy to tell which ones will hold my interest after a pretty short time. i was the same way with wow, i played it for a few days and decided it wasn't for me. came back later and played for a longer period of time and still decidedd it wasn't for me.

i would suggest city of heroes or villains, its complicated enough that its fun to play(IE you can't turn on auto attack and go to sleep) but not so complicated that your gonna have to sit there for hours researching the best build and farming the l33t gear. You're character can look almost however you want from the get go(no capes until 20, or particle effects till 30). There is a huge variety of power set(like classes) and they are all viable options. Its also a very cinematic game, your not killing rats at level 1 your wasting multiple gang members, and it has nice knockdown/knockback effects that are both useful and very cool. as a mage type its not like sitting there charging up a spell and then resting you're mp, you fling bolts of energy and torrents of fire like mad, and as a melee class you really get to move around and mix things up. city of heroes/villains is the mmo i keep coming back to after i try other things.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sean said:
If you would like to continue to fail to correct me, continue.
I already did correct you in my last post... just because you choose to ignore pieces of it doesn't make them not there, i'll repost it.

Dewd In Ћe Newd said:
Ive tried World of Warcraft, got boring after a few days.
So, technically (as I said before, please read posts through) he hasn't played WoW. If you only play an MMO for a few days (let's say it's maybe 4 in this case to give him the benefit of the doubt) even if you play all day, which I doubt he did, that's only a small portion of the game.

That's basically the same thing as walking into a movie, watching the first 10 seconds, then leaving because you don't like it. It is impossible to make a valid assumption about something, especially an mmo, when you have barely experienced the beginning of it.

When the entire game focuses almost entirely on end game and PvP, getting bored in the newbie starting areas I don't even count as having played the game. It just doesn't work that way.

So, please, read my post, don't be a douche about it, technically he hasn't really played WoW.

Best answers
That's basically the same thing as walking into a movie, watching the first 10 seconds, then leaving because you don't like it. It is impossible to make a valid assumption about something, especially an mmo, when you have barely experienced the beginning of it.
while thats true, its generally possible to tell if the game is going to have to make a drastic change to make you enjoy it. for example, you say the entire game focuses almost entirely on pvp and the end game, he already said he A. doesn't like pvp much and B. doesn't want to spend huge amounts of time. Now if i was worried about wasting time i wouldn't want to get to level 50 before i started enjoying the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never said I wanted a time consuming MMO :p so I went back and added bold around the "ISN'T"

Also, the reason I actually tried WoW was because of the fun looking raids, but the time it takes to get to 60 to do some fun raiding is...enormous.

Right now I am doing the EVE Online 14-Day Trial. I completed the tutorial (which was surprisingly fun) last night and am now "doing my own thing" -- I really like it so far, but I am not going to make a final decision on it until the trial is complete.

Me111 said:
Is Rakion any good? I want to download it, but I don't have the patience.
It's like GUNZ but without Guns. It is all melee weapons / magic.

Best answers
What about Runescape? Obviously very not appealing but I can't think of anything else...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
City of Heroes/Villains is pretty fun, excellent character creator, large sets of powers to choose from, base creator (for City of Villains), and places you in modern-day environments (most places, some are quite fantasy-heavy)

Best answers
i just downloaded rakion and played it for about an hour, and i highly recommend this game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom