The mind is a wonderful thing.

nZ

Best answers
LOL , tht is the funniest crap ive heard l8ley , wtf you beat up some guy "15cm" higher than you , you didnt feel pain , you lifted more weights with thinking "yes i am stronger " next thing ull be sayin is " i stopped bullets like neo" or " i turned SSJ when my best friend got shot!" geez.
Listen every1 can do something if they put their mind to it but geez u believed it wz it wz warm wen it wz cold? plz dont over exxagerate its not the matrix..:S

Best answers
Have you ever asked someone something and they give you an answer but you reply with why? If you keep asking them why, the person either runs out of knowledge or begins to repeat previous replies. You can never know everything, because you never know nothing. If someone knows nothing, they can't know everything. We aren't ment to know everything and we'll never be able to. Why? I say this out of plain feeling and judgement. Wether they are true or not, is for you to decide.

For example, I do not dream. My vision turns black and in an instant I awake as if i never slept. What happened and what did I do when I slept? I dont think on it cause it's importance is as great as it is unimportance. Yet I day dream frequently on the simplest of thoughs such as "what if--" but they are all transparent from what i'm actually sensing.

Another thing is that either I'm memory impaired or have a strange photographic memory. I tend to forget things easily, but when the times comes to actually remember it I do so. Why? Can't give you a straight forward answer for ignorance. I do not even remember my infant years. From a week or so before i first started school at the age of 6 till this very moment is all I can remember. Before that is a infinite void of questions without a possible answer... a darkness. Did the child die and was I to replace it's life? Maybe I've done wrong things in the distant pass and this is my punishment.

Theories or not, do not ponder them for they will bite back. My theories have no right answers, especialy as blunt as a scientific one. Am I wrong? Are you wrong? Am I just diseased by my imagination? Or are you diseased by yours? Why... why is the only reply.

... Don't hate what I have to say because It is up to you to understand or ignore. If what I've said makes you angry, take it out on yourself, not me.

Best answers
i wonder wat would happen if a person would build a machine to manipulate the brain so u can use 75%, i wonder if it would overload,or just simply stop all brain activity

nZ

Best answers
ImpTaimer thts litterally what i said :S and even i dont remember my infant years , and no the child didnt die, *scientifically proven* memories that are not important or not needed will dissapear in time thats why you dont remember a thing, wen you are 40 or so , your teenage years will be very vague and your childhood will be litterally gone , only memories of times which we're important to you remain.
Why is the question behind all reasons, and like i said before our brain capacities can only hold so much, and theories are a mixture of thoughts pulled together to make a logic out of it, you will come up with a new one every so often. Just remember live life to the max and dont let thoughts like these come over your head , live your dreams and goals and unlike most things there are no reasons why you shouldnt .
Live on using the knowledge of what you do know not what you dont know.

p.s Imp you sound a little too much like morpheus :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Imp, all people dream. It's just a matter of how much you remember, as we tend to only remember the dreams which occur during a certain stage of sleep, etc. Sometimes there just isn't enough to remember at all.

And I have to agree with Alea... that was really cheesey.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont you people see?! The time has come for us to rise! Our powers are slowly awakening and we must use them to combat evil!!!11

The mind is strong and everything, but if you look at humanity as a whole, we're going nowehere fast. Dont expect to start lifting cars and start flying using your mind any time soon. If you work at it enough, you'll see some results but nothing dramatic. Even the greatest of the shaolin monks dont start doing crouching tiger hidden dragon techniques until they're 80 years old.

nZ

Best answers
thts not true actually, ill send you this documentry of tai chi shall i? the stuff they do u thought was impossible , they litterally jump 10ft into the air etc , they knock 10 foot brick walls down into pieces with one punch , they handstand on 1 finger n the oldest was around 50 the youngest in his 30s

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ImpTaimer said:
For example, I do not dream. My vision turns black and in an instant I awake as if i never slept. What happened and what did I do when I slept? I dont think on it cause it's importance is as great as it is unimportance. Yet I day dream frequently on the simplest of thoughs such as "what if--" but they are all transparent from what i'm actually sensing.
Everyone dreams. There have been many many times where they will hook up a person to an EEG and have him sleep. When the brain waves begin to show he's in REM sleep, they'll wake him and ask him if he's dreaming. Everyone says yes even if they claimed to not have dreamt before.

nZ said:
Listen every1 can do something if they put their mind to it but geez u believed it wz it wz warm wen it wz cold? plz dont over exxagerate its not the matrix..:S
If I'm freezing, I either think of myself being warm or try to ignore the cold. It usually works unless it is absolultely freezing outside. I even watched a video in my Psychology class that I'm taking this semester that involved two people. One was hypnotized while the other was perfectly conscious. They both put their arms in water and were asked to rate the ammount of pain their arm was in over time. The unhypnotized person's rating went up every time he was asked to rate, while the hypnotized person stayed the same. No we'll not become Super Saiyans and stop bullets, but that's far from blocking your own sensory input. I can choose to let my eyes go out of focus or to tune out sounds that are happening around me.

Magus said:
You guys are awesome :p

Hypnosis is defined to me as "opening the mind up"

For instance.

My brother in law, would have insane nightmares every night and wake up screaming around the age of 4. His grandfather was one hell of a smart dude and a "hypnotist" I s'pose. He put him into a trance, and until three years ago, my brother in law has not remembered any of his dreams.

I know people are going to ask for proof, but it's not like I have a friggin video of it or something. :p

o_O

O_O

Hypnosis! RAWR
Sounds to me like those are Night Terrors. Those commonly occur in the stage before REM sleep, when we typically dream the most.(Not saying that dreams don't occur in the other stages, because they do, but those are only short flashes compared to the vividity of the dreams we experience in REM sleep.

Avenger said:
Yeah, hypnosis is actually suggestion, you encounter it every day, each time you look at a commercial, you get hypnotized, you are being suggested to do things, and the reason they have idols and celebrities in commercials is because trust them, which makes the whole thing 200 times more effective.

I have also heard of things like people getting hypnotized, and they get asked things they have no way of knowing, and they answer correctly.
Hypnotism cannot give you the answers to questions that you never knew the answers to in the first place. It can maybe help you to recall information that would help you answer the question. The hypnotist can practically drag whatever he wants out of you though. That's why memories that have been brought out through hypnotism aren't really that great of evidence in court rooms since the memories can often be "tainted." All the hypnotist has to do is drop clues on what he thinks you should remember.

SailorAlea said:
Anyway, in the spirit of 'belief,' I'll add this:
When I was younger, my mother could tickle me without actually touching me. Just make the motions a few inches above my body, and I'd laugh hysterically just as I was being tickled.
I used to do this to my friend in class from across the room all the time. Poor guy would get in trouble for bursting out laughing at the most inappropriate times. :devgrin:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I have this funny ability to stare at people, and suddenly they start laughing for no reason

nZ

Best answers
Avenger said:
Yeah, I have this funny ability to stare at people, and suddenly they start laughing for no reason
LMAO im sorry but meyb its just your face ;)

lol im jkin no worrys , but tht happens most of the time for most ppl anyway.

Best answers
Whell i know 1 think i am leaving to become a monk :D:D:D!!!
Not really... But yeah people can do some basic belive powers....
Oh by the way if id see my friend trying to tickle me from the other end of the class it made me alught hard becous it would be funy how he powers he is an idiot ;)

Exuse me ..... But the huy who was 15cm biger was a bufted up monkey..
Ya know the ones that the muscules the size of 3 coce botles....
Betaing him is like i broke a wall down...
Any way forget that.... P.S it wasent adrenalin i know perfectly how it feels like it when you Berzerk and dont even think and just do sometihng...
I was just like dont piss me of.... I was just calm....
P.S How am i suposed to have adrenalin when i´break a woulden wall????
After like 7 min Wtf? My hand is bleading .... Ah **** this will take time to heal....

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nZ said:
thts not true actually, ill send you this documentry of tai chi shall i? the stuff they do u thought was impossible , they litterally jump 10ft into the air etc , they knock 10 foot brick walls down into pieces with one punch , they handstand on 1 finger n the oldest was around 50 the youngest in his 30s
I guess you didnt find that trace of sarcasm in my post. Anywho, been there done that. When i see a lot of people with the ability to lift a car with 1 hand without using brute strength, ill be impressed. Until then, 10 or 11 people out of 6 billion people doesnt really matter (unless you take the 100th monkey theory into consideration).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman said:
Sounds to me like those are Night Terrors. Those commonly occur in the stage before REM sleep, when we typically dream the most.(Not saying that dreams don't occur in the other stages, because they do, but those are only short flashes compared to the vividity of the dreams we experience in REM sleep.
On an interesting note (about the mind), I looked in to something sort of like this a while ago. I can't even remember the exact name. But basically it's something that happens to a lot of people in their younger years, and it's the explanation for a lot of ghost sightings.

While you sleep, your body releases these chemicals or something that prevent you from involuntarily controlling your body in reaction to your dreams. Now when this event occurs, you have just awoken, but these chemicals haven't gone away.

What ends up happening is you wake up, generally on your back, completely unable to move -anything- except your eyes, and you feel this immense pressure on your chest, like somebody sitting on you or trying to suffocate you. Then you start getting negative hallucinations. People see ghosts, or monsters, or just feel an immensely evil presence in the room. Crazy stuff; it'd be pretty damn traumatic to get that often in your childhood, if it went on unexplained. It's also very common.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yeah Hito, I forgot about those too. It's very possible that Mag's brother in law went through that, especially if he underwent hypnosis to block whatever was making him scream out.

I think I may have actually had the same thing happen to me twice, which is why I never sleep on my back anymore.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ashur said:
Whell i know 1 think i am leaving to become a monk :D:D:D!!!
Not really... But yeah people can do some basic belive powers....
Oh by the way if id see my friend trying to tickle me from the other end of the class it made me alught hard becous it would be funy how he powers he is an idiot ;)

Exuse me ..... But the huy who was 15cm biger was a bufted up monkey..
Ya know the ones that the muscules the size of 3 coce botles....
Betaing him is like i broke a wall down...
Any way forget that.... P.S it wasent adrenalin i know perfectly how it feels like it when you Berzerk and dont even think and just do sometihng...
I was just like dont piss me of.... I was just calm....
P.S How am i suposed to have adrenalin when i´break a woulden wall????
After like 7 min Wtf? My hand is bleading .... Ah **** this will take time to heal....
Dude, anyone not bracing themselves for a punch can have the wind knocked out of him, even if he is made of coke bottles. You still havn't proved anything.

I feel the mind is capable of a lot, but I mean, I doubt it's abilities are unlimited.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
darknavigator said:
Try thinking about absolutely nothing. Impossible, right?
I wouldn't call it impossible... it's just that when you think about nothing, you probobly don't know it. And it's hard to force upon yourself... but I zone out all the time; most people do.

Best answers
The only real experience in conjunction with the mind I've had is dey ja vu, occasionaly having it before the incedent or during. I get dey ja vu quite alot but I think I've only had it during/before maybe once or twice. I remember sitting in class one day, and I realised I knew exactly what he was gonna say for the next like 20 seconds. Now I really cant explain that >_<.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Strange Raven, I get that too. The only time I remember it though was in Year 2 (Primary). Me and my friend were walking, dunno where, and then he started saying somethings. Then I had a flashback from my conjunction, and well... to be honest, I kinda changed it. Dunno how. In my flashback, I remembered my friend finishing with "So.... yeah.." But, this time, I stopped him half-way through and... I had a bad day. :(

Best answers
I'm not going to bother reading the long posts here and just speak my opinion on what Magus said.

The mind is somthing almost everyone takes a granted of, and we probably wont even understand the mind and all its gifts to us for a great ammount of time. I do know that scientist study people while they sleep and people do sleep walk, but ive never heard of telikenisis happening while somone sleeps. I belive the mind can do alot of things that we cant do today on our own.

I find it weird that when your in the heat of the moment or somone is in trouble that you love (yeah it sounds like a movie but its even happened to me) your mind somhow makes you change and become stronger physically and mentally. This is just one great things that the mind can do and another thing that we do not know why the mind can do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom