The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Melancholy_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya

Alright, I might be going too far out on a limb here as I assume most people here are really into action anime and not much else. In any case.

Check out this anime. Basically there's two main characters, Kyon and Haruhi who have just began High School. Kyon has abandoned his dreams of aliens, time travellers and espers(basically ESP-ers). Haruhi, has not. One day after school, Kyon makes the mistake of talking to her and gets swept into her world.

Personally, I Kyon is one of the best male leads I've seen in any anime. The entire story is told from his point of view accompanied by his very sarcastic inner monologues. Definately a guy I can relate to.

When you start off at episode one and see some poor quality animation of a horrible story dealing with a girl in a bunny suit and whatnot, don't fear, as that most definately is a part of the series. The series actually has two orders to it, the air order and the chronological order. It's of utmost importance to watch it in the air order first, otherwise the series climaxes in the center and gets kind of boring. The anachronistic order adds to the chaos and the experience anyhow.

Check it out.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I missed it then. Ah well. In any case, maybe this second thread can start more discussion?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This anime has safely secured a spot on my "all time favourite animes" list. It was one of the few times I was seriously counting the days for the next episode to air, it was phenomenally good, and totally blew away all my expectations. Kyon easily gives Onizuka a run for his money for the title of "Best male lead ever," and the rest of the cast is just as enticing and well thought out. The story is clever and enganging, the production values are high, animation is awesome, and everything is just perfect. I highly recommend this anime, it's just awesome.

Oh, and then when your finished watching it, and if you want even more Haruhi (which I know you will), then luckily for you there is a group of people translating the Novels that the anime is based off. They just started the 4th novel, and there is 8 as of now (the majority of the anime is based from the 1st novel, but since the anime jumps around chronologically for no real reason, a few things are from other novels).

Oh ya, here is the link. http://project.baka-tsuki.net//index.php?title=Suzumiya_Haruhi

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah thanks Hash, I was curious about that, especially since there's a couple points in the anime that seemd to be unexplained. The talking cat in the first episode being one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom