The MEGA THREAD of gaming manners

Best answers
I wanted to make a thread where people can post what they think, or do in a game that is polite/fair. For example I don't kill people when they transform and I hate it when they do it to me nor do I pick on really week players unless they start it with me first. So... please what do you think are the "unwritten" rules for playing ESF?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think trans killing is just an excuse for people to cry about getting killed alot,

finding a safe place to transform is what you need to do, if someone kills you its nobodys fault but your own for transforming right in front of them,

think about it,

transforming=more power,

fighting someone with more power than you= lesser chances of winning,

just letting someone transform in the middle of a fight cuz of some moronic "unwritten rule" is stupid, the point of this game is to rack up kills, and not get killed in the process,

letting your opponent gain the advantage over you when you have all the tools at your disposal to prevent him from doing so, is the opposite of what you should be doing,

if your opponent is transforming, KILL them before they can, its easier and it prevents them from killing you even easier after they finish transforming

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hate to say it, but I agree with nuttzy on this one. Even though it's dirty pool, I used to wonder why, in the name of all that is sacred, did the muscle headed freaks allow people to transform in the show.

Best answers
Because they are most liekly stupid and need to get their asses handed to them.

ANyway there really is no need for this, this whole fair thing killed the JKII community for crying out loud!

Best answers
I am not only talking about transforming killing I am talking about ALL aspects of the game. Like beam spamming, howing etc., etc.,. Do you play with restriction to these things or depending on your mood do you let anything fly?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I trans kill, I pick on weaker people, I really don't care if they've been a server for aeons, or they've just entered. Whoever is closest I'll go after them. I don't care if I get HOWed, it's usually my fault for going head-on anyways.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it really all depends on mood
on a normal day:

i dont trans kill
i fight whoever is under my reticle
i rarely get howed, and i rarely how
i beam spam when i get lazy or just playin around

as for the "why did they let them transform in the show"
well if they didnt then there would be no show ;)

Best answers
for me its...

if you dont want to be trans or typed killed then dont do it

howing is ok only if youre better than me(dont ask why)

beam spamming... eh im tired of talkin bout that just find the guy and repeatedly kill him

and if you get double teamed just remember its a TEAM game

EDIT: and if i say something to you that deserves an answer or response dont act like an idiot and ignore me

Best answers
Personally for me.....

I don't trans kill (unless they do it to me)

Beam spamming is fun if I just transformed as a uber character or if I am bored

I TRY not to HOW, but most of the people the I fight are HOWers so I end up acting like them.

If I get double teamed they usually suck and I win

If I am in a fight and someone else jumps in I back off and let the new guy take the kill

I LOVE shooting people who are in a PS. Especially when It is my fault that they are in one in the first place.

Best answers
I usually Spam people who are Transforming with Ki Blobs, and the lock on to them. If they Arent dead by the time they transform, I immedietly Swoop and Pummel them with Meele. I give my opponents no chance, and they do nothing about it (usually). As far as beam spamming goes....I use meele 90% of the time, so thats one thing that i dont do. If my Enemies like to hang out in Spawn, Then I Would Rush the Spawn, Get a lock on then leave. Wait a couple of seconds, then Swoop and fly into their spawn and pummel them, and leave before they can get a lock on or fight back. I do this, A couple of times, and then if they are really annoying, I dont let them get out of spawn.

Best answers
I dont transkill (unless I get transkilled), I kill whoever I see, If i get how'ed Ill just say lol/rofl/lmao and I hardly how myself. I 2v1, laugh, make fun of n00bs and beat the crap out of most people (there are always exeptions).

Best answers
Lol, true u beat the crap out of most people, u and linx are just a special story :D

I mostly don't care.. if they how me, i prolly desurve it, i how myself even when i think i'm not Howing .. :|

ahwell it's just a game... enjoy it while it lasts...

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only how against people that do nothing but lsm me or against someone I know to get them to try and how me back (lots of fun). I'll beam spam to get people's attention and get them to go after me. In my server recently I have been trying to get people to stop complaining about double teaming by joining my server and starting it. I get everyone going after everyone and if you beam spam then your going to regret it becuase suddenly the entire team is going after you (happened at least 3 times last night). This isn't only fun but its hilarious when you have 3 people going after you after you throw a kame in the right (wrong) place.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmmmm. My 2 cents. If deathmatch is the name of the game, no rules except do it without cheating. This of course excepts common courtesy like relatively clean language, but that's violated left and right. But for the game, transforming? Kill. Weak? Kill. Newby? Kill. Think he's looking at you funny (don't we have masta and a few others to blame for this? ;P j/k)? Kill. It's a deathmatch. Anyone who can't keep up gets slaughtered. Guess that's why I always lose huh? :p

Oh, and don't forget. If someone's annyoing you for some reason (trying to pull off a tricky move IE SB from long range and lighting themelves up like a torch, spamming text, etc) ALWAYS specialize on them ;P

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find HOWing, especially when coming from another good player, to be insulting. I also have gripes with people who constantly beat on the same ESFn00b that can't even defend himself. I'm not talking about someone who sucks, I mean someone who is very new to ESF. There's a surprising amount of them. Another annoyance is people who purposely try to interrupt powerstruggles by blobbing the participants, beaming them, whatever. Just plain rude. Last thing that annoys me is when people beamjump off of other players.

Best answers
I win by any means necessary (except cheating and HOWing)

This includes :

- Trans-killing
- Beamspam popular fight spots
- Trans-kill more....
- Spam Solar Flare/Burning Attack
- Trans-kill....

and well, some more, but by any means except cheating or HOWing, I play like this everytime, regardless of mood.

Unless, of course, the server decides to make rules against what I do :)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Gman hit on a couple of strong points, although I'd like to clarify my own position on them a bit.

When it comes to abusing the ki system in head on charges (waiting around for someone to get close then charging them, stuff like that), I'm not a fan at all. If you don't know what you're doing I can say OK to that, or if you are just inexperienced and it's a method you've found to get in a lot of hits, that's all right. The problem I have is when skilled players use it. If you know what it is, and you know that it gives you an unfair advantage that is unintentional, and you still use it (or worse yet, you get good at exploiting it), it's insulting. I don't play to see who can pull the most dirty tricks. Personally I wouldn't mind if these people would just come out and tell me ahead of time that they weren't going to play fair, but people don't do that.

The other thing I can't stand is killing people in power struggles. I think this "feature" needs to be rethought or removed, personally. What's the point when you're so close to winning and someone just blasts you in the back with a kame? Sure, they could do it to Cell, but he was powerful enough that it didn't matter. When it *does* matter it ruins things (you can't get out of struggles to block a blast).

Bottom line: Tell me if you're going to play dirty pool and I wont mind, but surprise me, particularly if you're an advanced player, and I'll be angry with you.

Best answers
nuttzy said:
i think trans killing is just an excuse for people to cry about getting killed alot,

finding a safe place to transform is what you need to do, if someone kills you its nobodys fault but your own for transforming right in front of them,

think about it,

transforming=more power,

fighting someone with more power than you= lesser chances of winning,

just letting someone transform in the middle of a fight cuz of some moronic "unwritten rule" is stupid, the point of this game is to rack up kills, and not get killed in the process,

letting your opponent gain the advantage over you when you have all the tools at your disposal to prevent him from doing so, is the opposite of what you should be doing,

if your opponent is transforming, KILL them before they can, its easier and it prevents them from killing you even easier after they finish transforming
instaead of being plain cheep as they r helples and im ushily ssj already i just let em trans ;) my unwriten rulez r i let em trans if they r at spawn but if they start fiten THEN atempt to trans they get te ki bals of doom :laff: in shorter wods i kil them if they trans in midle of fite but if they trrans at spawn i dont be crual inles i realy hate them -_-

Best answers
i'm probably newer to this game than u guys but i think that transkilling is ok because if ur stupid enuf 2 trans in the open then u deserve 2 die and if they find u at ur secret trans place while u r transing then just beat the everliving sh*t out of them and then trans.it doesnt worry me though because i hardly eva transform to ssj vegeta because i use melee alot more than beams(by the way this is the first msg ive eva sent so i feel special now :laff: !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom