The Lion king?!

Best answers
Is anyone else still a fan of this movie?
I have to admit its one of the only movies I will be forced to watch with my younger sister and actually pay attention to.

Random thread but , I thought I'd ask.

Never know , might start a revolution!

But hopefully not...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You won't belive how many dam times I watched that as a kid, they also ended up making a stage show based on the Lion king.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lion king is the ****, I loved that movie as a kid. Best damned disney movie ever. Lion king sure as hell owns the **** out of Aladdin.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pfft, Alladin PWNZ0rZ Lion King!

I'm still a fan of all the movies, which is why I love the Kingdom Hearts game. Disney ftw.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I liked the lion king, Mufasa>Simba.

They ain't got **** on Pinochio and fantasia though.

Best answers
I'm not talking about who made the plotline dude , I just wanna know if you like it.

I say LK gets the Thumbs ^zor

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SPIDER-BITE said:
The lion king is a piece of plagerised crap and i can't believe i liked it when i was 5 years old.
http://www.kimbawlion.com/rant2.htm
Everything is ripped off of something. In fact that Kimba story was probably a rip off of a story told to children in bed.

Just because someone did it first doesn't mean someone else can't do it better. By that logic any soda companies are plagerising coke. It's the same idea, just done differently.

Get over it, it's still an awesome movie regardless where they got the idea, that's business, and when you get down to it, Disney is a business trying to make a profit, live with it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Lion King is awesome. That and Aladdin are easily the best Disney movies ever.

Haha, I still get a kick out of sneaking up on strangers in the middle of the street and whispering in there ear, "I.........Killed............Mufasa!" They either have no idea what im talking about and just get freaked and leave quickly, or they do know what I'm talking about and either give a nervous laugh and still ignore me, or totally love it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i still have the video on tape if im not mistaken :p

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
Everything is ripped off of something. In fact that Kimba story was probably a rip off of a story told to children in bed.

Just because someone did it first doesn't mean someone else can't do it better. By that logic any soda companies are plagerising coke. It's the same idea, just done differently.

Get over it, it's still an awesome movie regardless where they got the idea, that's business, and when you get down to it, Disney is a business trying to make a profit, live with it.
sorry, but thats totally different... just think of how big a franchise disney is, and if they took the idea from an already existing film, basically refurbished it, ignored copyright, and made an absolute killing, while the original creator gets nothing in comparison. It'd be like if naruto was only a very underground anime/manga that not many people knew because of a lack of funding/means of advertisement, then 10 years later funianimation decide that they're gonna steal the story line and characters but shove in a few new designs and start pluging it on every channel on tv they can. "oh well lets all ignore the time and effort and creation that went into it because some jackass finds the idea, pays a bunch of people to do some work and gets to be a millionaire, **** the creator", the only thing disney could do better was throw money at it. Ignoring and pushing aside things like this is the reason that things like that happen. Then again, i dont really know how legit the claim is, or do i care, just the blatent lack of concern that it could be somebody elses idea is what prompted me to reply. If you had written an animation, and it was a flop due to lack of advertisement/budget concern (remember making an animation in the 1960's costed a hell of a lot more than in the 90's), then disney hired a bunch of people and had huge advertisement campaigns and payed for high profile musicians, it becomes a huge hit, almost becoming the most famous iconic images of the company, becomes a huge francise, while you - the creator and inspiration get quite literally **** all you'd be pretty damn pissed off. Not to mention the complete lack of justice.

The film never appealed to me, was like all the other disney films, looked pretty but had little content that could keep me interested. The only disney film i ever enjoyed as a kid was the junglebook and thats purely because of baloo, he's a legend.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SPIDER-BITE said:
The lion king is a piece of plagerised crap and i can't believe i liked it when i was 5 years old.
http://www.kimbawlion.com/rant2.htm
You'll find that pretty much all Disney animated movies are adaptations or retellings of other stories, usually folk tales that have no copyright so they've got every right to make a movie on it. Besides, looking at the other movie, I like the Lion King's animation style much better anyways. It's like having a club sandwich at one sandwich restaurant that involves turkey, ham, and bacon, or having a club sandwich at subway that has roast beef, turkey and ham. It's the same thing, done slightly differently, and I happen to prefer one over the other.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
"oh well lets all ignore the time and effort and creation that went into it because some jackass finds the idea, pays a bunch of people to do some work and gets to be a millionaire, **** the creator", the only thing disney could do better was throw money at it.
Welcome to big business, the same thing more than likely happened when Disney first started too. It's, if you will, the circle of business.

Best answers
ohh and how could any of u not say praites of the caribbean is not one of the best Disney

hmm a lion king sig u dont see everyday, might make one meh give me something to rwar would be Mufasa cuz he pwns Simba

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Timone + Puumba = champeh!!!

seriously, without those two, the movie would be so boring. and the dutch version is even better, purely because of their belgian accents XD

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My little neight always comes over atleast once a week. She always wants to watch the lion king. And so do I ;_;

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Can you feel the love tonight?". If only I could ;_;.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom