The Island is back

Best answers
Seeing as how this forum looks kind of dead, I have taken the opportunity to show you my latest work in progression.
It is the KAME HOUSE. Roshi's Island.

Here are some screens, I'm still going to instensly modify the shape of the island it-self. Right now I am going through the episodes and placing everything exactly to scale and size as in DBZ to give it its realness.
Shutters can open and close, windows breakable, poly count is low, can move the entertainment center, dresser, tv, doors can be opened, ect.
This is still early in progress, but I just thought I would post some pictures here for you all to view a map in HL2.
Another thing, I know the lighting is weird like where it's source is coming from, but I didn't put in any light fixtures yet, so it looks like the light is just there coming form no where, I apologize.
This map was previewed in CS:S.

Any suggestions on how to improve it?

http://hlresource.net/roshis/sp_roshi_island-test-windows0000.jpg
http://hlresource.net/roshis/sp_roshi_island-test-windows0001.jpg
http://hlresource.net/roshis/sp_roshi_island-test-windows0002.jpg
http://hlresource.net/roshis/sp_roshi_island-test-windows0003.jpg

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
youre forgetting the bathroom master roshi poops in

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks nothing like master roshis house. He has a huge tv, a half square red couch, with a table b/e the couch and the tv (i think) and then there are stairs followed by a fridge, I don't feel like posting screen shots, you can find them yourself.

Best answers
Also, does it have to be so gloomy? :(

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like Master Roshi's house survived a nuclear holocaust.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yea..looks like that place is gloomy enough to be talked about in urban legends :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i dont like the gloom

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's not bad. It looks pretty, but you need to add more of Roshi's stuff. It looks like his house as far as the structure goes, but it needs alot more color. And maybe make it a bit lighter.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
abit to dark for my eye... master roshis house is more clear and lighter ^^ but else...gj!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NOT JUST THAT. Roshi's house was VERRY COLORFULL. It had tons of pink and red. More colors and more bright lights. A huge TV with a "Love couch"(best nickname) would be a good start for inside the house. The kitchen was behind the TV spot. The TV spot was about 2 steps lower then the rest of the house. The stairs and a closet was to your left when you were watching the TV. The Door was to the right.
Its been a while since I saw anything to do with the kitchen, so I cant tell you too much about it.

Upstairs I am not too clear about since they really didnt show it much, but I believe it was Roshi's room and a guest room(with a ground bed, a closet, and a small end table right beside the door. Roshi's room I am not too familar with cause they really never show it.

Best answers
well first of all the island isn't that big
second is that supposed to be a CS map becaause the ESF characters wouldn't fit inside that well (with beam you would always hurt yourself)
And the sky.... we need to get the sky picture if for ESF

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Big D said:
well first of all the island isn't that big
second is that supposed to be a CS map becaause the ESF characters wouldn't fit inside that well (with beam you would always hurt yourself)
And the sky.... we need to get the sky picture if for ESF

What are you talking about? That is plenty of rooms for ESF matches to go on. ESF characters are reduced in size for "bigger" maps and other things like that.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That map is on cs source so it can't be for esf.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey instead of crits.. how about some tips. You could use some models such as couches, TVs, lamps, beds, and what not then add some physics to it. Reason for models is because using those could make it more realistic since mapping them is so blocky. 1/2 of Half-Life 2 is made up of models. Its pretty neat.
Oh, one last thing. Add more lights to it so that its easier to so. :p oh hehe.. maybe that hovercraft on the outside to.. haah

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm
Darky... crits are tips for him... if you think at it.... ;) i think he´ll get the curve on his on

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom