Will it hit??

• yes it will, enjoy ur life while u can

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it will probally miss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
the funny thing is they probaly knew about this 10-15years ago
but hey it will be sweet, i hope i get front row tickets itll be awesome i hope it hits. i mean 17years, ill have another lifetime by then

btw the human race is about 15years ahead on tecnology,
that anyone knows about, they probaly have something right now to destroy it, also we only see about 4% of the night skys
so meny other astriods could be out there that we wont even know about entill its two late
but hey we knew that didnt we.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Screw that, im using my master move the fusion cannon. Jus be prepared to take thoseradiation pills, radiation is a bug i need to work out(Even though im immune to my own)

Best answers
I don't think it will hit, I mean come on, this asteroid has to pass through other solar systems, which have other planets, which have gravity that will obviously send the damn thing off course. Whoever the silly scientists were that calculated 17 years, didn't take that into account.

AND IF IT DOES COME FOR US BRUCE WILLIS WILL SAVE US! :)
I know, already been said........

Retired
Best answers
dunno where you get all that ****.....but read CNN its 10% chance of impact as we speak. ofcourse its 17 years away, and the course needs to be perfected etc. but its 10% atm

Best answers
why spend money on destroying an asteroid when me and dudeman could take it out, me with some sort of ki move i have to master and him with his whatever ki move, and we could take t out, but if ya wanna talk ki then IM me on AIM at Maimed Magician and MSN at [email protected] OR ICQ at 154769769 and we can like chat about ki and i could pick up some moves from you guys

Best answers
*eyes squint in madness* we ae ANGRY SCIENTISTS, ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE IN THE GETTING OF THE SCIENTIST PARTNESS BUT NOT IN THE GETTING OF THE ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best answers
Can we try not to be retarded please? Even if it will hit us we have so meny ways to deflect or even blow it up why worry? A 100 megaton blast will send a rock floating through space into meny peices...we have thosands of 100 megaton atomic bombs. By that time the space station will be pretty much done and all they have to do is fly to it and blow it up( lets not forget the kind of technology we could have by then). Again I assure you if we dont end up killing each other we will all live through a little(little compared to other **** like neptune and pluto knocking the f|_|ck out of each other now thats something to worry about[ Yes they will hit each other because they cross paths in orbit sometimes neptune is furthest away and sometimes pluto is. Sure it could happen a long time from now but when it happens we will be ready]) astroid.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can you imagine shooting a blast out of your hand and blowing up a 3000 mile wide asteroid

<center>

Best answers
I think we should wait unill it happens, if it happens. And yeah the goverments should build something just in case...

Best answers
I got sum plans:

What would happen, if we do it like in startrek???

they dont have money, and work for prestige - not for money. if we kill all the money things and easily say: EVERYBODY WORKS NOW FOR THE ANTI METEOR DEVICE! we could research for this and build it with resources like metal and so on. then it would be preventable.

then nukes.

hmmm what is so bad about firing nuke to this meteor??

1. nearly all nukes would be killed, so we dont have a nuclear war.
2. if terrorist got nukes (and they have) would they shoot them to kill the meteor? or if they hide it and the meteor is gone, they get everything. because no one has such a devasting anymore.

but would the nuke really kill the whole meteor??? we could make a satellite guided robot team thats goin there to make a hole. not with one drillhead like the ones in armaggedon. no it must be a plasma or laser drill thingy. it would make it better and then we could make instead of only a nuke, a h20 warhead, u know, a fusion warhead seen in Terminator 2. it would make a big shockwave.

what about not stoppin the meteor, how about the earth??? we could make the earth slower in 16 years and IT WILL MISS.

but how? i dunno.

hehe and if we die in 17 years, we had enjoyed the beta so much that it doesnt matter.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw two I need to respond to.

Guru, the purpose of a nuclear strike on an asteroid is not to blow it to peices. It's to knock it off course. You simply have to overcome it's inertia. (lateral motion is easier because you are not stopping it's forward momentum.)

And Phrack . . . the asteroid is from this Solar System's asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter . . . so it real just has the sun and other inner planets to worry about.

Best answers
Yeh but cuc, even if you did hit it with a Nuke bits are bound to fall off and shatter from it, im trying to say that the more things to hit stuff the more of a chance it will hit...

G-S

ultrassj_vegeta

U
yeh if small things hit then its not that bad is it?? meteors fall from the sky all the time an dun do significant damage coz they so small.......hmm an to knock it off course.. wud it be hard? newtons laws... just unbalance the forces so that it changes direction... even the smallest of things cna change direction... whether it makes a huge diff is anotha thing....

Retired
Best answers
the asteroid is 2k wide...1 nuke will be enough..in movies like armageddon the asteroid was as big as the state of texas ( I think it was) so i'm sure we can easily do something about it

Best answers
movies fiction and guesses, i have heard some of the stupidest remarks here:
1.that a H-bomb will work better then a nuke cause fusion is better...
1a.a Nuke is a h-bomb numb nuts, we would never send an inferior bomb out, we would use a Plutonium triggered h3 warhead.
2.it willl burn up in our atmosphere
2a. a meteor of that size will not burn down enough to help us. and give scientists some credit they do spend they're lives doing this stuff
3.Blow it off it trajectory or into the moon
3a. i guarenty no explosion would knock it off course you'd have a better chance of doing it by attaching a rocket to it. and if it hits the moon it will Obliterate it raining pieces down to earth doing about the same affect.
4.making a hole or doing something that happend on a movie.
4a.movies are fake, nothing that worked in a movie would work here.
5. there is a chance it will hit
5a.this isnt all that dumb, but the media is dont listen to them. has any respectable astrophysist said it was going to hit. the asteroid will not hit, it will only hit if a gravitational anomaly changes its path, think we have computers for a reason if you can get a program that will do a full 3d gravity sim of over 100 particles with different masses for free as a screen saver think what nasa has.the chance a anomaly will occour is about 1/100000000000 and that that anomaly will shift its path to earth 1/10000000 and that it has a proper orbit to not skip off our atmosphere 1/100000 so it has about a 1/00000000000000000000000 chance in happening incase we will have ample time to worry about it.

and if you dont think we can accuratly predict where it will hit i will tell u this. i can make a program that can track a object in a fully 3d enviroment and launch an object to intersect with that object at a specific point, all u need is high school level math and specific data.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nipples . . . a nuke would knock it off course . . . but only from the sides, attempting to reduce it's speed is silly. In addition, I would hardly think a 2k wide asteroid would destroy the moon o_O.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
damn i like those ken and ryu sigs, i'd love to have an akuma one like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom