The infamous asteroid...

Will it hit??

• yes it will, enjoy ur life while u can

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it will probally miss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
a nuke would be like setting off a firecracker as a rock flys by, not to mention a nuke is hampered in space and trajectory change in space is much harder to achieve especially with an explosion.
and a 2k meteor can fireblast the earth sending it into a long winter. the moon is a small object compared to the earth it and since it is affected by the earths gravity the meteor would most likely knock it off its orbit if it doesnt destroy it. you understimate size. one smaller then a basketball created a crater with a 2mile radius, and the pacific gulf is estimated to have been made by one with 50-100ft diameter, mass and size have little meaning here devestation is reliant on inertia.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
trust me anything bigger than a mile would destroy the planet, maybe not a quick death but slowly

Best answers
Mr.Nipple..I bet you made half that stuff up mr hoiven! "Gah yes..The sub particle of atom H-Bomb is NOT a whatcha macallit, hi..hhiovin! Sorry but are you like a scientist or something? and Kai if you want a sig PM me or IM me on SniperKingTFC. Hey Mr.Nipple did u work for Nasa? oh and your wrong by the way, about the movie thing! that movie where counter terrorists hijacted the plane and took the president hostage, the first bit happened, so you never no, unless your eiver... A Nasa scientist, Steven Hawkins, Ross Hendorson, Bill Gates (hehe) the guy who cuts Nasa's from Lawn. Ive made my point...

G-S

Best answers
WOO!! I have just signed on aol and in the news section, it is confirmed the asteriod will miss us in 2019, so there ya go folks.

Best answers
oh man i wasted one week in training, if the meteor doesnt hit us, then i dont have to learn the kamehameha wave. oh man.

Best answers
Thank you Mr.Nipples I'm glad to see theres somebody here with some sense...Do you have any idea how meny nukes we have? We could easily put 1000 100-megaton nukes on all different sides and set them off at the same time. This is pretty stupid but when your talking about a loose rock flying through space it will get the job done. Also The moon isnt that big and if something were to happen to it do you have ANY idea how bad it would be for us? Say all the parts of it miss(which they wont but say they did). What would happen? Our axis wouldnt be stationary anymore and we would no longer have hemespheres and the world would fly around God knows how. Also what about the tide? we would go from cold to fast so quickly with no axis that we would surly all die...

Best answers
Yeah and 2moro when you're all driving home thinking about putting nukes on meteors you'll drive your car off a cliff or somethin :fight:

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Mr.Nipples
a nuke would be like setting off a firecracker as a rock flys by, not to mention a nuke is hampered in space and trajectory change in space is much harder to achieve especially with an explosion.
and a 2k meteor can fireblast the earth sending it into a long winter. the moon is a small object compared to the earth it and since it is affected by the earths gravity the meteor would most likely knock it off its orbit if it doesnt destroy it. you understimate size. one smaller then a basketball created a crater with a 2mile radius, and the pacific gulf is estimated to have been made by one with 50-100ft diameter, mass and size have little meaning here devestation is reliant on inertia.

Anyone who compares a nuke to a firecracker has his head up his crater. And whoever told you that trajectory changes in space are hard, never told you that skylab (as well as other 150,000 MPH, multi-ton satellites) was knocked into earth's gravity by sunlight. In space the smallest amount of pressure will move an object with (comparitively) low inertia, especially those situations where you don't move against it's momentum. Now if the object is moon sized, you can forget about moving that right now . . . but that's my next argument.

I'm perfectly aware that a truck sized meteor would devestate the earth's ecosystem . . . you said the moon would be destroyed, it would infact, be fine. The moon is held in place by the strong gravitational pull of the Sun and the Earth, the chances of a fast moving "light" asteroid smashing it off course are preposterous. Never in it's 4 billion years has it been destroyed by larger and possibly faster moving asteroids, (another point of annoyance, a meteor isn't a meteor till it's in earth's atmosphere. It's an asteroid.) it's kind of important to remember that the moon has 1/4 the pull of earth, and thus 1/4 the added momentum is bestowed to the nickle/iron celestial ***** slaps. The glass sand of the moon does actually slow impact, just like the ocean would on earth, though they don't have billions of lifeforms to worry about on Luna.

Mass is completely relevant. Impact is mass * speed. In effect saying mass doesn't matter is like saying 1/2 the rules don't count.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Firstly I'd like to state 17 years is wrong its 60 years they mis calculated
Secondlt Blowing it up would probally result in something worse. As cuc said they will make an explosion in front of it to throw it off course

This info comes from my science teacher who is involved in alot of stuff (I think he has friends in NASA and such)

Best answers
Blowing it up wouldnt do S|-|it. You know how meny huge explosions go on in the universe? Blowing up one little astroid wouldnt mean a thing...Any little pieces falling would easily get soaked up by the atmosphere.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would probally blow up into huge chunks not small peices that would be burnt up in the atmosphere

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
even if it did destroy the astroid yay no we have tsunamis going at every continent and meteor going for another continent, congratulations you just crippled the world. besides we don't know what it's made of it could be iron or some other type of metal.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
90% of those asteroids are metal. Nickle and Iron to be exact. The rest of them are highly toxic and radioactive Iridium 80. Breaking it into large chunks is stupid.

Best answers
We too have to take into effect that mr nipples plan with an h3 bomb we would have to start pretty early to mine that gas from the moon.

Best answers
A nuke vaporizes anything in the first like 300 feet then it blows tons of sh|t up for miles...Iron and nickle mean nothing when your talking about s|-|it hotter than the sun...

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, and that huge tract of real estate becomes radioactive fallout. -_- The fact is that a big chunck of that asteroid now becomes a now popularized "dirty bomb". Wo0t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom