The Heroes Thread, many spoilers are here.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not sure if you caught the bit where Claire's dad got shot - something which would have destroyed something along the lines of 40% of his brain (considering he was shot at basically point blank range). If Claire's blood alone can regenerate 40% of someone's brain, I'm fairly sure you'd have to decapitate their head and bury it in liquid steel to prevent them from regenerating their entire bodies again. I mean, we're talking massive cellular regeneration here.

We might see one of them die though, and that'd prove one of the sides here right. =P

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh...Adam is the one who said a shotgun to the face is what it would take to kill him and Peter. Claire is still a kid so I doubt her regenerative abilities are even at their prime yet, so she'd probably die from a shotgun blast to the face as well. Claire's dad was shot through the eye with a pistol. It didn't exactly make his brain explode. It didn't even really seem powerful enough to blow out the back of his head.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, last time I checked, the energy from a bullet isn't just in the bullet - the energy expands once it impacts. National Geographic says so, anyway, while showing pictures of what would happen in the case of various kinds of bullets. Considering that a 9mm bullet would make a "temporary" cavity something along the lines of 30 times the size of its own actual "cavity", I assumed the brain would be fairly damaged - somewhere around 40%. Possibly lower, as I thought the gun was a .45 (which would quite naturally increase the damage).

I 'spose destruction of the entire brain nearly instantaneously would prevent regeneration, but if you can heal a bullet to the head, it does expand the borders of Adam's regenerative ability.

Claire is too young and not developed enough for this, I think, but at the very least, Adam should be able to handle mostly anything (might be keeping it a secret).

'tis all speculation though - you might be right, but I think somewhere down the line Adam will get "killed" and rise from the ashes.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, but Adam was talking about being shot in the face with a shotgun, not a pistol. While most pistol ammunition won't explode your head, a shotgun blast will. Getting decapitated is also one of the ways to kill someone like Adam and Claire. They're basically highlanders who can heal almost instantaneously or, since we're on a dbz forum, Namekians. A Namekian can regenerate as long as his head is still attached to his body. Once the brain is no longer able to send signals to the rest of the body, game over. I'm pretty sure that applies to Wolverine, too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Technically they've just got super-duper cellular regeneration - and obviously you can sustain incredible brain-damage without having any problem with your memory or bodily functions afterwards, so something must be different. I mean, I never saw a Namekian lose half their brain, then go back to fighting one day later...

Adam never really tried blowing his own head off with a shotgun, so he doesn't know if it'll actually kill him. I'm just venting theories.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Adam doesn't know but the writers do o_O. They were speaking through him in order to relay information regarding his power's limitations to the audience. Kinda like how characters will speak even though no one is listening. It's for our benefit, not theirs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, of course I realize this - but like all writers, they like adding twists and using subtle subterfuge to misguide us and surprise us. Was this the last episode 'till next year?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Once the brain is no longer able to send signals to the rest of the body, game over. I'm pretty sure that applies to Wolverine, too.
it would if it wasnt for his indestructible skeleton.

in any case, is there any speculation as to when this strike will end?
that episode was just too epic to not have more in 2 months time.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Avenger said:
Not sure if you caught the bit where Claire's dad got shot - something which would have destroyed something along the lines of 40% of his brain (considering he was shot at basically point blank range). If Claire's blood alone can regenerate 40% of someone's brain, I'm fairly sure you'd have to decapitate their head and bury it in liquid steel to prevent them from regenerating their entire bodies again. I mean, we're talking massive cellular regeneration here.
He was also healed by Claire's blood, not Adam's. The two might be different. After all, Claire has suffered many head injuries, and the only thing that stopped her from regenerating was the glass or whatever still stuck in her head. You pull that out, and she regenerates. Adam and Claire are merely similar from my observations. I don't think they're the same.

Edit: One thing that puzzles me though is how the hell Adam seems to know that it will kill him if he's shot in the head. How can he possibly know that?

Doublt edit: Haha I just read the above posts. Didn't know you guys were already discussing it. I can understand the writer's relaying information to the audience through the characters, but only the more intelligent viewer is going to question it. Everyone just says "well, I guess that's just how it is, oh well".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hah! Spunky just said I was intelligent! *Points at Vox who seems to doubt this and laughs*

I agree though, there's no way in heck he could "know" it'd kill him. Knowing he's a 400 year old man with a vengeance, he probably lies a lot to make sure people think he's dead if they actually do shoot him. We're talking a man with 400 years of experience, he isn't an idiot, and wouldn't tell anybody his weaknesses.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hah! You obviously don't know my history with Spunky! The irony!

The problem with the idea that he doesn't want to spill his secrets is he wasn't the one who was going to get shot in the face. It was Peter. Adam and Claire's regenerative abilities may or may not differ in some way, one being better than the other or what have you. If they do differ, Peter has both types. However, Adam doesn't know about Claire. He does know, however, that Peter would have been killed by a shotgun to the face. You could say he just wanted a reason to shoot the woman, but he could have just as easily waited until after she shot Peter to shoot her. He needed Peter alive so he could take advantage of his abilities. There would have been no reason to shoot her before she shot him if he could have recovered from having the walls painted.

The fact of the matter is Adam isn't immortal. Even if he were, he isn't a threat unless he's able to manipulate someone with a power worth having into doing his bidding.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hiro is damn evil :p I thought that he dipped Adam in some hot lava, but no, he made him face a fate much worse than death.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jakut said:
Hiro is damn evil :p I thought that he dipped Adam in some hot lava, but no, he made him face a fate much worse than death.
oh em gee, the way Hiro said "he'll never be able to harm anyone again" or something, was so damn cold and badass,I didn't even think of a coffin. I was like "holy **** he buried him alive for eternity," meaning Hiro was pissed. I knew he'd choose his father's grave site though.

Buried alive as a constantly regenerating person
...Now that's a hell.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes but: not dying means he could probably eventually get out of that. Kill Bill style.

Best answers
i just started watching heroes yesterday
i rented out season one from the video shop and i must say
HEROES ROCK!!
i stayed up for ages last night trying to watch them all i love them xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom