The Happening

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's most likely a movie, this is where Google comes into play.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It's a movie. If you don't know what it is you're lucky.

I'm going to save you the trouble right now and tell you everything that happens in this 1 1/2 hour long movie.

People start committing suicides in the North Eastern part of the US from 3 pm to 9 am because the plants and trees got pissed off and released toxins into the air. And for a cliffhanger at the very end you see the exact same thing happen in Paris.

That's it. I swear to God I want my damn money back.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's most likely a movie, this is where Google comes into play.
Sure and throw away the forum board discussion, leaving it only for arguments.
It's a movie. If you don't know what it is you're lucky.

I'm going to save you the trouble right now and tell you everything that happens in this 1 1/2 hour long movie.

People start committing suicides in the North Eastern part of the US from 3 pm to 9 am because the plants and trees got pissed off and released toxins into the air. And for a cliffhanger at the very end you see the exact same thing happen in Paris.

That's it. I swear to God I want my damn money back.
Sounds like the imagination of a 9 year old.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It can't be any worse than Dragon Wars.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It can't be any worse than Dragon Wars.
I'll give the movie credit where credit is due. Watching people commit suicide was fun. One chick took her hair pin and stabbed herself in the neck, another guy ran himself over with a giant lawn mower. Another guy taunted these lions to eat him. A few construction workers jumped off the ledge and you got to see it from the ground's point of view. And these people in a Jeep smashed into a tree (plot hole) and went flying out the window.

Then there were a few bits of comedy strung about here and there. But after about the first 1/2 of the movie it becomes total garbage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does Mark Wahlberg die?

I'd see it just for that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do you hate Mark Wahlberg? Haha.

I'll probably wait for this on DVD.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
everyone hates mark wahlberg. hes a pussy. (pussy isnt censored...?)

yeah, i figured this movie would suck.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From the way the advertisements hyped it, I knew it couldn't be good.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
everyone hates mark wahlberg. hes a pussy. (pussy isnt censored...?)

yeah, i figured this movie would suck.
Now I know you aren't hating on Marky Mark, my friend. That'd be insane.

I was expecting more, but I enjoyed myself. Kept my attention...But it went nowhere. The "conclusion" was extremely anti-climatic.

Now Hulk? **** yeah.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This was absolutely the worst piece of garbage I've ever seen. To be fair, everybody will percieve it differently, but objectively speaking, the dialogue and writing were awful. There was no plot twist, and there is a ton of unintentional humor because of the directing. I hadn't seen any previews for this and while I was in the theater half way I began to enjoy it believing that Shamalan was just making fun of himself, like his own parody movie, because every seen was just a bunch of suspenseful music while something totally predictable happened. Turns out it's serious.

Actually let me turn this thread into something slightly different. Post your favorite absolutely retarded inconsistency from the movie that you can remember, or the lamest thing that happened, or piece of dialogue... whatever you want. For me it was near the end of the movie (spoilers?) when he sees his girlfriend outside, the wind is obviously blowing, and he screams "Close the doors and windows!" His wife looks at him with scared eyes and her first response was "Why!?"

The movie is absolutely overfilled with these moments, and I want to hear any of them you remember off hand.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Actually let me turn this thread into something slightly different. Post your favorite absolutely retarded inconsistency from the movie that you can remember, or the lamest thing that happened, or piece of dialogue... whatever you want. For me it was near the end of the movie (spoilers?) when he sees his girlfriend outside, the wind is obviously blowing, and he screams "Close the doors and windows!" His wife looks at him with scared eyes and her first response was "Why!?"

The movie is absolutely overfilled with these moments, and I want to hear any of them you remember off hand.
So you want me to post the entire movie?

Seriously, if anyone actually liked this sorry excuse for a movie please post why.

I still want my money back, that was NOT worth the 12 dollars I paid to see it (for two people).

Sound Artist
Best answers
Was it another one of M. Night's plot twists or did it actually suck? Meh I'll probably see it anyways.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's just say I got into an argument with a friend who seemed to truly enjoy the movie about why I had problems with it and I couldn't seem to quote enough direct issues with the movie to formulate a proper argument in his eyes. I'm looking for specific examples. I want to form a sort of wiki of what was wrong with that movie.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And then it turns out in the sequel's ending that it was only a dream :). Does sound like the kind of thing that has evil trees and cliff-hanger endings would have as a sequel.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally I kept waiting for tree monsters.

Best answers
I was looking forward to this as I actually liked Lady in the Water -a lot- (I have it on DVD and I only buy movies on DVD if they're worth it).. But if all this is true, I'll just pass.

Best answers
omg..i hated Lady in the Water, and tbh I probably wont be seeing this movie unless I've just finished another movie and decide to sneak into this one cuz I'm bored and theres nothing else good playing lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom