The good and bad reasons why the Nintendo Gamecube lost to Xbox and PS2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.Gamcube has a **** load of awsome and intriging games

2.Gamecube's CD was smaller then any game CD in history

3.Gamecube does not have a DVD drive installed

4.Gamecube controller is
small and hurts your hand during a button mashing game

5.Gamecube's power plug was similar to the N64 ( which is not good)

6.NO ONLINE PLAY!!??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's the point of this thread?

I can smell a console war from miles away. =/

The winds of war are blowing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just stating a fact and getting other ppl's opinions .. ( i also want a hot thread)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, technically, you're not stating facts, at least not all of your statements are facts.

Let's take, for example, your first statement,

"1.Gamcube has a **** load of awsome and intriging games"

This isn't as much of a fact as much as it is an opinion. Not everyone likes the same kinds of games.

Also, if you want to make this into a proper discussion, you should write down your reasons for each motivation. You say the Gamecube has small discs and that this is one of the reasons why it lost, but you don't say why you think the small discs are a bad idea. Elaborate more if you want people to join the discussion.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
this is an opinion

so what?
so what? i'm here to play games, not to watch a DVD, I don't need 2 dvd players
4.Gamecube controller is
small and hurts your hand during a buttun mashing game
have you ever played GCN? The controller is a perfect fit, and easy to use, i love the controller- this again is an opinion
wtf does this have to do with anything? "OMG THE POWERPLUG IZ SIMILARZ! WAT DU EYE DO?!"
6.NO ONLINE PLAY!!??
This is why I have a computer

You're just here to start a flame war for people who like the GCN. Like me for example. Why not use your time productively and do something else. This thread is pointless.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:

4.Gamecube controller is
small and hurts your hand during a buttun mashing game

6.NO ONLINE PLAY!!??
1. True, True

2. Despite its conivent size, that means it doesn't work on regular CD cleaners and can't be run on your computer...

3. Cept for that specialized one, but thats why i have ps2 as well, and a dvd player

4. Not in my case

5.....How is that not good???? That means you don't have to switch cords if you want to play N64.

6. I highly doubt the average person has a console located near their modem.

Best answers
i do like the GC only things that got me bout it was the memory cards, i dont know bout everyone else but i hate them when they get filled up you have to buy new ones or delete data ect same thing i hated the PS1 & 2 for i find the NGC controllers easy to use i do foget about the Z button tho for some reason. The disks being small was a good idea less people able to rip them ect and the for it having no online play yes that blows but meh i got a ps2/xbox/pc for that stuff, not so botherd about it not playing DVDs and for the games yes it has some good games but most of the games are aimed for kids which gets on me tits :X

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find that the Gamecube Memory Cards are able to store less than a regular PS2 memory card. I have more PS2 game saves than Gamecube saves, and I had to buy a 2nd Gamecube memory card to house them all.

The discs don't bother me at all. I have little case thingies that hold about 8 discs, and the small disc size vastly reduces the space I require to store them, so I'm pretty happy about that.

One thing I have noticed though, is that relatively speaking, more Gamecube games have an auto-save feature than PS2 games. Games like SSBM save without those annoying prompts, which I love and hope to see in many more games. I have many games for PS2 and Gamecube, and this is merely my own experience.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nintendo was the only company that actually made money in this gen of consoles. Sony is now in debt and Microsoft lost a couple of billion dollars. Sure, Nintendo sold the least, but they actually made money which is what counts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Nintendo was the only company that actually made money in this gen of consoles. Sony is now in debt and Microsoft lost a couple of billion dollars. Sure, Nintendo sold the least, but they actually made money which is what counts.
Really? How do you know? Can you show me some proof?

KyoKusanagi

K
I was under the impression that its the games, not the consoles that earn the companies back their money, since the consoles are sold at a loss, the bulk of profit is made through sales of games developed for the system.

Sure making money does count, but its a just one of the factors that make a company succeed or fail.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God you're all wrong >.>

1. You can buy different memeory cards for GCN. Some hold a little others hold more than I'll ever need. I have over 20 games for GCN and I still only have one memory card.

2. As for the "smaller cd's don't work on computers" wrong again. They are called mini disks. And yes, your computer supports them. Open up your computer cd drive, and you will see a really big circle, and then a smaller circle in the center. Guess what that smaller circle is for?

The reason you can't take gcn mini disks and "put them on to your computer" is because of the coding. I'm assuming it's for GCN. Not for computer...

Best answers
if u read my post i said i h8 memory cards in genaral and what i said was true if they get filled up u have to delete or buy a new one, only cuz u have a huge memory card does not mean it will not get filled up just like HDD in a pc or the xbox and i was not wrong about the cds being smaller and harder to rip cuz u just said that they have coding on so your computer cant read them without the right software im guessing = harder to rip. so in terms i was not wrong =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
You're just here to start a flame war for people who like the GCN. Like me for example. Why not use your time productively and do something else. This thread is pointless.
that is why ppl have the opputunity to post there "OPINIONS" if you do not like the thread then do not post , simple as that

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
2. As for the "smaller cd's don't work on computers" wrong again. They are called mini disks. And yes, your computer supports them. Open up your computer cd drive, and you will see a really big circle, and then a smaller circle in the center. Guess what that smaller circle is for?

The reason you can't take gcn mini disks and "put them on to your computer" is because of the coding. I'm assuming it's for GCN. Not for computer...
Yeah that's what ment, I see a smaller circle in the disk tray, but the disc can only be read by game cube, so unlike playstation 1 and 2 games, I can't attempt to extract any desired sound effects from the game

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm back from my format and up and running. And this is the first thing I saw when I came back here to post some Smackdown news.

Illogical arguing or reasoning aside, this thread's title alone is enough to cause a flame war. So I'm going to go ahead and pull the plug--after all, you said you wanted to have a 'hot' thread. It's our job as mods to put out flames or prevent them before they happen, and I think it's pretty obvious this is the way this is going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom