The gauntlet has been thrown down. its the EAR challenge!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, so, growler. being the omnipotent 3d artist that he is, found it in his heart to pm me...

Growler said:
my ear was very well done and a much better ear than you can model...
now, taking that into considderation, i decided to look at the ear he modeled:

then i took one of my low poly, made yesterday while editing one of my other characters ears:

and now, im going to detatch, and make it highpoly, without whoring the meshsmooth. just so that i can show Dan, the almighty growler, that ive learned something from his many many pearls of wisdom.

if anyone else wants to try to model as well as him, feel free :D this is an open challenge.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wait, so.. by you making this competition... that means that you won Showster's competition, eh? Good job. Oh wait, you didn't even enter that competition... oh well. Also, I don't much like when you come out of the blue and make fun of my models. As I stated before ( in my pm (aren't I mature :)) ) that I was only harsh to TRSS because he called us idiots.

but...to be fair.. maybe you should post an unskinned one... lol (the un-meshsmoothed-whored model.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i never used the word competition did i? theres no prize, no entry limit, no end date. its an open challenge, layed down by you, for being a smartass, so that every semi-compitent modeler on the forum, can kick your ass five ways through a window.

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
i never used the word competition did i? theres no prize, no entry limit, no end date. its an open challenge, layed down by you, for being a smartass, so that every semi-compitent modeler on the forum, can kick your ass five ways through a window.
THIS CALLS FOR A CHALLANGE!
o/ , May the best man win!
COMMENCE!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
arr!

lee's ears be more secksah'er! yours be looking like pewp shoots Growler!

Best answers
your joking right? your having an ear modling competition because growler keeps saying his ear is good on my thread?

hey maybe i should enter dont use my models ear as a ref i know how to do it now

EDIT: I DIDNT CALL YOU IDIOTS!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TRSS said:
your joking right? your having an ear modling competition because growler keeps saying his ear is good on my thread?

hey maybe i should enter dont use my models ear as a ref i know how to do it now

EDIT: I DIDNT CALL YOU IDIOTS!
No, Gir is not joking. He likes to prove himself to forum members. I still think Gir's ear sucks... lol. But its cool, Lets all jump on the bandwagon and make fun of my 'ear' (lol) cause big bad mod says so. Maybe we should also have a neck competition, cause Gir's neck looks twisted in the most horrid way.

But anyway, I have school tomorrow... So you can all have fun 'kicking my ass 5 ways through a window' (5 ways?), cause I have more important things to do than prove that my 3-D ear owns that rat's nest.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, Gir is not joking. He likes to prove himself to forum members. I still think Gir's ear sucks... lol. But its cool, Lets all jump on the bandwagon and make fun of my 'ear' (lol) cause big bad mod says so. Maybe we should also have a neck competition, cause Gir's neck looks twisted in the most horrid way.

But anyway, I have school tomorrow... So you can all have fun 'kicking my ass 5 ways through a window' (5 ways?), cause I have more important things to do than prove that my 3-D ear owns that rat's nest.
Do you blame him, your egostic enough to PM him saying his work sucks in comparison to yours. Its only natural Mad_AxMan takes offence to this, i know i would. just take it like a man and stop whining, your ears perfect right? whats there to worry about?
-_-

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im going to detatch, and make it highpoly, without whoring the meshsmooth.
read that very carefully growler, he hasnt posted the ear he claimed will "kick your ass 5 ways through a window"

and growler, what does him being a moderator have to do with this?, as far as producing a 3d model goes ones moderator status does not come into play, keep this in mind as well...

YOU pm'ed HIM with that crap, YOU alone started this whole fiasco, as the saying goes "You’ve made your bed, now lie in it"

Best answers
Well, couldn't this have been done in PM's? Like you both create an ear model, because obviously only you two could really care about this inane crap, then post the two pictures in a thread and have them named ear 1 and ear 2, take a poll, then you will get an unbiased opinion toward which ear is better. I mean that would work out much better. Being a moderator and all Ax-Man, I think you should have easily thought of this method, instead of bringing everyone into yours and growlers little PMS war.

Conclusion : Stop acting like infantile retards.

Best answers
BOOOM . SLASH, The gigantic hero clash has begun!
So far 1-0 to Mad_AxMan !
/clap

As the groovy battle takes place, hallowed by the evil forces of this planet , sit back in your seats and wait.... for here , you shall see what you've never seen before. A 3d EAR!!!111!!11!! DOSENT IT MAKE YOUR BLOOD ANDRENALINE RUSH?!? I feel as if I had 8 babies inside me boosting my circulation system!

This is too exciting , *takes pills to calm down*.

Best answers
erm growler I suggest you take a quick looky at this

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/6752/foryougir0qs.jpg

Sorry I can't do a draw over not on my pc but ,,, ermm usually the top of the ears is level with the eyes,, and the bottom level with the bottom of the nose. ermm her faces seems rotated in a bizzare way. I think the miss use of polygons is giving you some very bizzare smoothing groups on the shot.
It looks like your attempting your own version of the joan of arc tutorial hehe.

The ear you made is really bad for the amount of polys buddy

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/7983/earmodel5dv.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------

Its interesting Idea gir but I dunno how you guys can get ermm this excitted about ear modelling lmao.

Its another victory for the egos of the ESF forums the joys...

Best answers
This is why modelling ears are dumb, there is really no definite shape. They are kind of like fingerprints. Just alot less detailed.

Also Showster, the top of my ear is not level with my eyes, my eyebrows maybe. Does this make me special :p

Best answers
hehe rules are there to be broken :), or perhaps i made a mistake in the way I worded that sentence. Just looking at the face it didn't sit right with me you know?

Best answers
i agree with neo saiyan this whole thing is dumb, funny, but dumb

Best answers
Yeah, she looks like a gnome turning into a werewolf, without the scariness. Just the elongated face and the shifting of the ears ya know? LoL

A quick Drawover!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
one thing i will say, is to keep insults and flaming RIGHT down.

saying things in jest, is one thing, taking people down a peg or two (even me if someone better like godhand (skinwise), nuttzy, eclipse, smo, azn, ray, justin, ben, or brian come and tear me up...) is fine. but insults, and flames, will be dealt with exactly the same as any other thread.

Just a note, I will personally come out of retirement and assume the reigns just to reban Smo if he were to come back. -Cucumba

Best answers
NeoSaiyajin said:
This is why modelling ears are dumb, there is really no definite shape. They are kind of like fingerprints. Just alot less detailed.

Also Showster, the top of my ear is not level with my eyes, my eyebrows maybe. Does this make me special :p
Man, you gotta look weird.
Also Gir, you know I love you <3, I'd never insult you in any way, infact , I will cheer for you:

GIR GIR, he is the man, if he can't do it no one can! o/

*CHEEEEER*

Best answers
What Mr. AxMan you can't handle the truth? Well looky here at this.

or you can leave the insinuations at the door and just leave him alone. and second, stop posting your work in other peoples threads. use your own. theres a difference between doing a drawover and saying "my ear model is great (which its not) use it as a ref!!11!11!"
That looks like an insult towards growler to me and what probaly started this whole thing.

Hypocritical are we?

EDIT : I looked in the mirror and the ears are level with my top eyelids.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How is that an insult? He just told Growler to show his work in his own thread, rather than post his work in someone else's thread. Big deal.

Growler's ear is pretty bad anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom