The Game...

Best answers
I haven't downloaded the game yet. I don't have Half Life 2 or either of the other two games needed to play (First I wanted to learn a little about the game first before I really decided to go buy the game needed). Anyway, I was wondering:

1.) What's this game like, is it an MMORPG like Everquest, is it an RPG like Elder Scrolls III, or is it a Fighter like Budokai Tenkaichi?

2.) Are there in-game transformations for the characters? Can you transform like in Budokai 1-3 or do you choose your form like in Budokai Tenkaichi?

3.) I've seen a lot of screens of ESF but at the bottom of the screen is the Unreal Tournament insignia... Can you play this game with Unreal Tournament instead of Half Life 2?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's better than Tenkaichi.

And it runs on HL1, not, and never, HL2. HL1 will cost you about $5.

Best answers
frsrblch said:
It's better than Tenkaichi.

And it runs on HL1, not, and never, HL2. HL1 will cost you about $5.
What makes it better then Tenkaichi? And what about Tenkaichi 2?

Tenkaichi 2 has been announced to have 130+ characters, in-game transformations, light RPG based story mode going from begining of Dragonball to end of GT and including movies, 16 maps each about twice as big as the originals, Full destructable environments, in-game items (blast apart a rock and find a strength enhancer), ect!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In ESF you could Transform since Beta 1.0.

Also contrary to Tankaichi you have a bit more freedom.

2 styles of melee

Controlable beams (you can spin the beam round your cnaracter if you want or let it fly round the map)

Better transformation efects than tenkaichi

You require a lot more skill to play this game than Tenkaichi (dunno about others but thats a plus for me)

It isnt RPG based but you have to work for your transformations (kill people to gain strength [PL] when you get enough you can transform)

The currect Version has only one transformation but the next one will have all DBZ transformations.

Overall id say better gameplay than Tenkaichi and ESF is free ^^

Also ESF 1.3 will have a unique buddy system. Where (if you play as Ginyu or Android 18 [added in 1.3]) you will be able to call a buddy to help you. So there will be 2 of you.

In the end its allways your choice though.

If you have a Half Life 1 i say try it and see. If not than look at some movies of what ingame looks like and try to decide on that.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ2 and all the others will come with version 1.3 (wich is in developement right now)

But dont ask when it will be out since noone knows.

Best answers
Grega said:
SSJ2 and all the others will come with version 1.3 (wich is in developement right now)

But dont ask when it will be out since noone knows.
So why won't ESF ever be stand alone? If it was stand alone then it could be submitted to Spike or something, then there it could be modified into an even better game (better graphics, easier control, ect.) and then DBZ fans could have an "official" online DBZ game that rocks!... A friend of mine once made his own stand alone game, then he submited it to Microsoft, and now he works there as a programmer...

I wonder why an "official" DBZ game hasn't been made yet... Like, Tenkaichi 2 with the freedom of Sagas would make a really great game!

Of what I've seen of ESF, I really like the freedom of the game, the massiveness of the maps, the controlability of the moves... The only thing that is a little disappointing is the graphics... Why don't the ESF guys use the models for Tenkaichi? Copywrite laws?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Syph, The Half-Life Engine has It's limits. The models for example has It's Model Poly limits (or what ever it may be, since i don't have much knowlegde in modeling). But i do know It has It's limits that the Half-Life Engine will allow. Besides the point, ESF won't be stand alone since they have to re-code everything again. Why? Because they made this modification for Half-Life 1. Making it Stand Alone just means they have to re-code everything and or most of the things, this would take extremely long time to do. Especially if they have to re-do the models as well, sprites, etc.

Best answers
Well it's not just for Halo-Life anymore... You can play it with the two other games too... And I know that it has it's limits... but it should at least be able to have the characters stand on their feet (of the video's I've seen have their feet sink into the ground as if they didn't exist)...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Counter-Strike, and Day of Defeat is also using the Half-Life Engine. No matter if they are stand alone, they are still using the Half-Life Engine. That's why Earth Special Forces is working with those 2 games as well.

Best answers
So... Um... Can Super Attacks connect? And if they can, what happens? Do they push against one another like in the Budokai games?

And how big are the environments? Why isn't there just 1 (or 2) environments that are the size of the world (take the Morrowind map for example)

What now have 1 or 2 environments the size of the Morrowind map, in which when you reach the edge it just continues over to the opposite side of the map as if the world was round. Instead of neading a different environment for all the locations, there would be one massive map the size of the Morrowind map (but it would be dragon world) that would have all the locations from dragon world on it (Kami's lookout, Cell games arena, ect.).

Then there could be a second map just as huge which would be Other World. The bottom of the map would be HFIL, then you could fly up above the clouds and there'd be Snake Way, Snake Castle, the small Kai planets, and the Other World enterance.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super attacks? Like a Kamehameha?

If two large energy attacks connect, they will enter a Power Struggle. If you fire a beam, you can keep pumping energy into it, but if you fire a projectile like a Spirit Bomb or Generic Ball, you cannot pump more energy into it, so if your enemy is PS-ing against your projectile with a beam attack, he has the potential to push back your attack. The benefit of projectiles is obviously that you can fire them and run off, whereas with beams, this is not the case. Once you fire a beam, you do have the ability to control where it goes, but you cannot move your character while the beam is active. Once the beam explodes, you're free to move around again.

The environments are usually as big as Half-Life levels can be. The character models are actually scaled down (about the size of Gordon Freeman's lower leg), so that way maps can be even bigger.

What you're suggesting isn't possible with the HL1 engine.

Best answers
What about moves like IT Kamehameha? Are those even in this game? What about the energy attacks where the characters are suppose to be able to move when they use them? Would you be able to move in the game or would you not be able to move when you use any energy attack?

Hm... Someone needs to make a mod of Morrowind... I guess I'll take a class on it...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You do have a lot of questions Sypheran :). I'd say, why don't you play it? IT Kamehameha? What's that? I never heard of a "IT" Kamehameha wave. There are many attacks each character have, including the Masenko for gohan and piccolo. Kameha wave for Goku and Gohan, Special beam cannon. And way more attacks.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Firstly WTF is IT Kamehameha O.O

Sewcondly. You can move freely when charging a KI attack. Not al attacks though.Some KI attacks require you to stand still. But thats OK that way. Heck it would be preety anoying if youd be able to move with a Final Flash since it practicaly can kill 3 to 7 players if you use it right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Firstly WTF is IT Kamehameha O.O

Sewcondly. You can move freely when charging a KI attack. Not al attacks though.Some KI attacks require you to stand still. But thats OK that way. Heck it would be preety anoying if youd be able to move with a Final Flash since it practicaly can kill 3 to 7 players if you use it right.
Instant Transmission Kamehameha.

Best answers
So are, like, all the special moves in the game? Like Vegeta's Final Shine or Goku's Dragon Fist? Those probably aren't in it yet cause Final Shine belongs to SS4 Vegeta and Dragon Fist belongs to SS3 Goku... Are all the special attacks that belong to the playable characters, in the game so far, in this game?

Well I would download it and try it out if I had Half-Life, but I don't have it and don't know where to get it. I have Quake but that'll only work for BFP.

Is the plain old Instant Transmission in this game? How does it work? Oh, Oh, Oh... Um... Do the characters and attacks in the game have their official english names? Or are they the names like Bejita, Kuririn, Gokou, ect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom