The FX system

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reading PcJoe's dev journal, and remembering about the FX system, I'm wondering, are you guys still working on it, or did you give up on it?

Or is it done?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd imagine it's still being delveloped.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll be perfectly honest with you - It's still in development, and it hasn't progressed too much since from what you guys have seen in the movie. I created a nice particle system that's also scripted, and can be used independently and with the fx script system. The particle system is nearly complete, but the FX script system still has a ways to go. The hardest thing is making the user interface, I still have to completely revamp it. The majority of the GUI I have right now was created in 3 days, and that's when I was pressured to complete the scripted scene for the computer fair. The actual code to make all of the events is done for the most part - It's just making an editor to actually add the content.
All in all, 2005 was a pretty bad development year for me. I ended up getting a girlfriend earlier (baddd decision -_-), started college, got a job, got a social life, and a few other things. Starting back up on ESF at a proper pace was one of my new years resolutions (actually the only one I had), so I'm picking up speed and trying to get **** done again.

Best answers
Pcjoe said:
All in all, 2005 was a pretty bad development year for me. I ended up getting a girlfriend earlier (baddd decision -_-), started college, got a job, got a social life, and a few other things
dude it's good you got a life ... dont get to caught up in ur work and forget ur life, girlfreind=good...collage=eh, job=mon$y(aka the devil) social life = lol nice

ive done the same kinda stuffs... not much game playin... good luck with the new year...hope to see more 1.3 content and updates xP

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dirty said:
dude it's good you got a life ... dont get to caught up in ur work and forget ur life, girlfreind=good...collage=eh, job=mon$y(aka the devil) social life = lol nice

ive done the same kinda stuffs... not much game playin... good luck with the new year...hope to see more 1.3 content and updates xP
I agree. I'm happy for you PCJoe. You have done so much, and everytime you show us something it literally blows me away. It's worth the wait. Keep your life, this is a hobby, do it when you're bored and have nothing else to do. I'm pretty sure 1.3 can wait. I know 1.2 came to fast for me when i was playing 1.1. ( I didn't want 1.2 to be released because i loved 1.1 so much)

But ontopic, with the FX system being in progress, I really can't wait to see the final product. I mean, the video of the FX system was so bad ass. That if it's not the final product, just imagine how kick ass it will be when it's done.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dirty said:

I couldn't agrer more, Everyone has the right to a life
Kaination said:
wtf is a life? & where can I download it?

Best answers
Hopefully the FX system will come along with ESF... It will be very fun to make videos basedo on the show... Ie.) Big fights between Vegeta and Goku.... or a sweet clip of Frieza killing krillin, then goku going crazy, and ultimatly turning into a super sayian! O_O....

PC Joe, you make this game shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom