The Future Of Gaming?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
The internet is actually a series of tubes.
But understand that it's not a dump truck, it's not something you can just dump stuff on. In other words, don't clog the tubes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Better AI... although really humans will always be better?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sandstorm said:
Why must everyone quote that stupid line? :rolleyes:
Cause its funny.

Besides with the new technology. Everything getes cheaper. New stuff comes out on a 6 month basis. And the prices fall with the same speed. Who needs cutting edge stuff when you can have decent stuff for loads cheaper with a minimal loss of quality.

As for the whole connection thing. A 6 Gb connection from the server is nothing if the client doesnt have a high connection.

The server has to have a fast enough connection in order not to lag. But its still very important that the client has a fast connection.

If you join a server that has a connection speed of a few GB/s and your own speed is still 1 MB/s your ping will act as if its 1 MB/s not the connection the server has.

The server connection only matters when there is a large amount of clients joining.

Lets say the server has a 3 GB connection and the clients all have a 1 GB connection.

4 clients would cause the server to lag cause each of the clients uses up 1 GB where the server can only work with 3 BG at a time. Its like an overload.

With that eliminated pings in the numbers of a few microseconds are actualy possible.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Better AI, AI that has a sense of self preservation in shooters, not bots that just run at you with no thoughts of living or dying, a bot that'll take cover actually, set up complex schemes with others to challenge you in getting out of a tough situation.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus said:
Better AI, AI that has a sense of self preservation in shooters, not bots that just run at you with no thoughts of living or dying, a bot that'll take cover actually, set up complex schemes with others to challenge you in getting out of a tough situation.
*Tactical Transfers* *Quake 4*

They are pretty competant but using the old bot strategy works well against them. Imagine recording someone's playng style into a bot. That's awesome. Entire teams of me! Woo.

Best answers
Gameplay

I want gameplay in games! as of late, they all (read 90%) lack gameplay these days..

Yay Nintendo for having a platform that is open for fungames rather than GFX-whoring games.

Best answers
the 2nd Son said:
*Tactical Transfers* *Quake 4*

They are pretty competant but using the old bot strategy works well against them. Imagine recording someone's playng style into a bot. That's awesome. Entire teams of me! Woo.
I thought the idea was to make the game harder? ;)

Yeah, that'd be a pretty good play enhancer. The problem is, you can't record someone's playing style, because you'd have a profile for every single player who ever played to cross-referrence to see how their style changes in differing circumstances.

I know I don't play the same way against one player as I do another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom