The Force Unleashed hands-on :O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Click.

One of the ideas in the game is to let you be as creative as possible when it comes to combat. You're not just slashing at enemies and toying with them using your Force powers. There's a fair amount of environmental interaction in the game. Most levels will have a mechanism of some sort that will provide you with a steady supply of objects that you can manipulate. For instance, in the TIE Fighter factory, fresh TIE Fighters come off of the assembly line. You can then use your Force powers to grab them and hurl them in someone's faces; or, even cooler, use grip to hurl someone into the path of an oncoming TIE Fighter. On a junkyard world, magnetic lanes keep a steady supply of junk flying overhead. On that same level, you might need to use lightning to power up engine turbines, which will then fly off and smash into objects. Execute a cool kill and the game will switch to a payoff camera that gives you a cinematic view of the action.
Throwing people in front of TIE fighters? **** yes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I might get an x-box for the sole purpose of playing that game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ohh, right, it's on everything 'cept the PC. Might get a Wii instead then. Imagine moving your hand to perform a Force Push, or a lightning! ;>

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Ohh, right, it's on everything 'cept the PC. Might get a Wii instead then. Imagine moving your hand to perform a Force Push, or a lightning! ;>
As tempting as it may be to get a wii for this, I doubt it will be any good (look at spider man 3 =/)

Not only the graphics for the game will be severely reduced, the game play will be changed dramatically. Though it will have it's exclusives.

This is why I won't get it for the wii:

Gamespot said:
Then there's Force grip, which lets you grab someone or something and dangle it in the air. This is a great demonstration for the game's Euphoria technology, which is available only in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game. Euphoria basically gives all enemies self-preservation instincts, so they'll act and behave as if they want to stay alive. If you dangle someone in the air, they'll try to grab something--anything--for dear life.
Which saddens me. It makes me wonder if the wii will have DMM.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dammit, i hate "sword" console games. the thing i loved about past jedi games (outcast and academy) is that you could control the saber with your mouse. since im sure the Wii will completely **** that up the last hope was the computer.

of course, they dont have the foresight to actually make it FOR the computer.

Best answers
I think it's time for Star Wars to die.. It has been milked so hard now that the cows all over the world worship the franchise as some sort of God of Endurance. Also, over the years, Lucas has shown us what a crud director and writer he really is, he was just lucky to be on the pioneering side back in the 70s. Also, he was lucky to team up with a bearded guy called Steven for a certain franchise that has a car manufacturer as main role.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I think it's time for Star Wars to die.. It has been milked so hard now that the cows all over the world worship the franchise as some sort of God of Endurance. Also, over the years, Lucas has shown us what a crud director and writer he really is, he was just lucky to be on the pioneering side back in the 70s. Also, he was lucky to team up with a bearded guy called Steven for a certain franchise that has a car manufacturer as main role.
Star Wars will be around longer than us, I can probably count on that.

I might rent this on the wii and try it out, as long as it's decently developed and not a rushed title, the controls should be fine.

Cosaga said:
As tempting as it may be to get a wii for this, I doubt it will be any good (look at spider man 3 =/)
Spiderman 3 sucked anyways, the Wii made it worse (although the webswinging controls were actually pretty neat) comparing something like this to a movie-game (games based off of movies suck most of the time...and vice versa) is kind of weak.

Then again the game may suck as a whole on all consoles.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it should be, theoretically, impossible to make ANY star wars game suck. but they manage too do it.

i really wish they would just go outside of normal boundaries with the star wars games and add stuff like high speed movement and some melee force powers instead of just limiting it to push, pull, lighting, choke, heal, and mind trick.

what i would like to see is a person warding off multiple saber attacks with quick force blasts, bouncing around in mid air by pushing yourself to evade attacks and blaster fire, and movement so fast that its just represented by "zwee" lines. that would be badass in my opinion.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Star Wars will be around longer than us, I can probably count on that.

I might rent this on the wii and try it out, as long as it's decently developed and not a rushed title, the controls should be fine.

Spiderman 3 sucked anyways, the Wii made it worse (although the webswinging controls were actually pretty neat) comparing something like this to a movie-game (games based off of movies suck most of the time...and vice versa) is kind of weak.

Then again the game may suck as a whole on all consoles.
I never said it didn't suck. I was merely using it as an example. Spider man on the xbox and ps3 is a lot better then on the wii.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But they're still not very good, lol. That's just the nature of Spiderman 3 I guess.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it should be, theoretically, impossible to make ANY star wars game suck. but they manage too do it.

i really wish they would just go outside of normal boundaries with the star wars games and add stuff like high speed movement and some melee force powers instead of just limiting it to push, pull, lighting, choke, heal, and mind trick.

what i would like to see is a person warding off multiple saber attacks with quick force blasts, bouncing around in mid air by pushing yourself to evade attacks and blaster fire, and movement so fast that its just represented by "zwee" lines. that would be badass in my opinion.
Well the KotOR series doesn't suck, and neither did Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
until they bring out a star wars game where the right analogue stick controls swing movement, i'll just say:

this looks shiney, and i'll enjoy playing it for a few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom