The Fastest Days

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I fought Mystix first and Hyb second. I didnt realize what I was up against. Throughout 1.1, I got 60 fps and 180-250 ping. Thats another thing I loved about 1.1. I could play with friggin high ping.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good times in the early betas, had alot of fun in the clans (and fighting against the others) and fighting Kami Sama all the f'n time, lol. It was fun.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Speaking of the fastest days, the only screenshots I found of early internal development about half a year before 1.2's release:

- The new teleport was first being implemented, fun first bugs:

- When advanced melee was nothing but the two models "sticking together" and holding down left click to throw them.. the throwing bit often didn't work >_> so all we had left was two models with superglue between them:

- I can't really remember when this occured, I think this was around the time harS was fiddling with the tree models having bounding boxes to make them bleed (masta's insatiable hunger for more blood ordered harSens to do this >_>). This one is particularly funny since the animation was fudged up too:

I wish I had more screenshots of internal mess-ups :( , but unfortunately I never thought of taking and storing them just for fun.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG no you see the senzus !!111!

Some nice pictures. Say Groovy i heard taht you guys had a bug taht you could simple melee an afterimage. Is that true :p

Best answers
grOOvy said:
Speaking of the fastest days, the only screenshots I found of early internal development about half a year before 1.2's release:

- The new teleport was first being implemented, fun first bugs:

- When advanced melee was nothing but the two models "sticking together" and holding down left click to throw them.. the throwing bit often didn't work >_> so all we had left was two models with superglue between them:

- I can't really remember when this occured, I think this was around the time harS was fiddling with the tree models having bounding boxes to make them bleed (masta's insatiable hunger for more blood ordered harSens to do this >_>). This one is particularly funny since the animation was fudged up too:

I wish I had more screenshots of internal mess-ups :( , but unfortunately I never thought of taking and storing them just for fun.
In the really old days we had funner bugs than that. The friezadisc would stuck to your body like a hoola-hoop, killing everyone close to you, and the kamehameha got stuck near your crotch area when you fired it, making Joe and me compare kamehameha sizes (ofcourse mine was bigger).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Darn this thread it made me play ESF 1.1 against bots again :p
Man its fun. Made a screen and sent it as POTW ^^

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
is there any way to get that old cell day map into 1.2? i prefered that one to the latest one cause of its massive size and all

Best answers
I tried playing 1.1 again a few months ago but damn, it's ****ing impossible to go back unfortunatly

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea i agree.. the movement system is much more easier and smoother now than compared to then

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jup its harder. But i play against bots on regular basis XD

Just so much fun :p

Im gona put some pictures together into a POTW from 1.1 :p

EDIT: Say does anyone know why the backflip animation was taken out for 1.2?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Say does anyone know why the backflip animation was taken out for 1.2?
I think it's because of an animation limit on models. That's what I heard, anyway. That's one thing I really miss, those backflips looked cool. =(

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Finally, a thread worth posting in...

I can never get enough of 1.0. *Remembers fights with Zeo, fire pheonix, Hybrid, and especially ape's Kame Sama (sorry if i forgot anyone else...). The speeds were incredible and as said before, the combos were the best. I think Zeo was the first to teach me or was it Pheo? Oh well, let me stop rambling lol.

IMO 1.0 was the best - that's that.

~Ghost~

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
'Twas me! And I didnt play anything before 1.1 and I'm pretty sure you didn't either o_o. Phoenix btw.

One thing I've noticed after playing 1.1 again is that you need to aim right at the player. You cant aim to the left or to the right or above or below the player. You need to aim right at him. I like that a lot. The only thing that kinda pissed me off again is whenever you miss you just stop swooping.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-=[EEF]=-Ghost said:
Finally, a thread worth posting in...

I can never get enough of 1.0. *Remembers fights with Zeo, fire pheonix, Hybrid, and especially ape's Kame Sama (sorry if i forgot anyone else...). The speeds were incredible and as said before, the combos were the best. I think Zeo was the first to teach me or was it Pheo? Oh well, let me stop rambling lol.

IMO 1.0 was the best - that's that.

~Ghost~
I REMEMBER U!!!!!!!!!

Good times good times. :)

Play 1.2.3

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He does <_<.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I do play once in a while. I'll probably be on tonight around 10 (Eastern: NYC) probably in Hybrids server (I think its the Zen server or somethin...). Too bad we can't revert to the old days whenwe could do 6+ combos and teleport halfway across the map to hit some1, charge up, then teleport back (hit and run lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom