✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Followed by one government.

Yeah. That'll end well.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We can always hope Bush Jr. and Obama talking about NASA and space exploration is enough for people to follow along.

It's clear that the entire world waits for the US to do everything, anyways.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you split up the power enough, one government could actually work. The trouble isn't government, but the consolidation of power (which notoriously corrupts) that it brings with it. In Norway, I would dare say that virtually none of the politicians have actual power. No one does. They only have power when it is used towards a common goal. Then again, our system is bogged down with bureaucracy, which tends to slow a few things down.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In theory, America's power structure is great in that no one branch can become more powerful than the others, as there are checks and balances. Reality makes it painfully clear, however, that this simply is not the case. So long as people are involved, and self-interest exists, there will eventually be a breakdown. It's simply a matter of how powerful a nation is. The more power it has, the more interests it has, the more corruption there is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In Norway we have Parliamentarianism which means that the legislative branch of government has the most power. It works fairly well here, but then again, Norway is not riddled with megacorporations, and thusly less influenced by lobbyists.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1 Currency would easily fix all problems that deal with money issues and all. 1 Government would be a tough thing in this world. It is rare to see anyone agree completely on anything. Maybe we should take over the world and make it what it should be. The ESF Order. Take control of everything and turn it into a good place.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, it's either absolute power and corruption... which seems to work faster in teaching humanity to change it's ways, or it's rogue nations who barter and bully through turf wars.

Is there a third option?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We could learn to work towards the betterment of humanity at the cost of personal wealth. But, you know, no one actually wants to do that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But then people wouldn't be able to have millions upon millions of dollars for themselves! Think of the children who then will never get to have four ponies!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We could learn to work towards the betterment of humanity at the cost of personal wealth. But, you know, no one actually wants to do that.
Personal wealth and a better humanity, without costing money can only be achieved in Star Trek. Technically, if you could build a society who would do a job because they WANT to do it (passion for the job), rather than they NEED to do it (for money), money could become obsolete. I mean, if somebody told me, "Here, take this spaceship and explore the galaxy" I wouldn't even want the money from them. I would do it straight away.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd add my 2 cents but at last count it was only worth about 1.4 cents.

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom