The Dream Thread

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Post dreams that you've had while sleeping.

Here's mine:

One of the most common type of dream I have are ones in which I'm fighting someone. Every fighting dream I've had until a few days ago were very similar. I initiated the fight by throwing a punch. But right before contact, my strength would vanished. Instead of punching the guy as I intended, my punch turned into a tap. And then I end up being defeated and I eventually wake up.

However, a few days ago, I had another fighting dream but this one was different from my usual fighting dreams. As usual, it was me fighting someone. But instead of initiating the exchange as I usually did, I stood there waiting for my opponent to attack. He eventually attacked, but time seemed to have slowed down. This allowed me to see my opponent's attacks coming at me and dodge them accordingly. After a few more attacks from my opponent (which I dodged with ease), I woke up.

The only thing I can clearly remember was how I felt. Throughout the fight, I felt calm and at ease. As a result, time seemed to flow slowly. It was as though I was in harmony with the world around me. Strength and weakness, fast and slow, win or lose - none of that seemed to matter during the fight.

A Taijiquan dream, maybe? Who knows.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Had some very weird dreams/borderline nightmares the las few weeks. Non of the usual stuff like fainting punches,
falling or running away, but more like really weird ****ed up stuff. Can't remember all the stuff, just some details.
At some points, I actually asked myself in the dream if I was dreaming, but at that point
everything seemed to make perfect sense. I really want to take control of one of those dreams one time.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have a special type of dream that only happens when I go to bed really stressed. Which is weird, because they're supposed to happen if the person is relaxed.

Namely, I dream I'm out in the universe away from everything, with a pleasant cold air engulfing me completely, allowing me to travel freely, anywhere I want. I really like these kinds of dreams, because they give me a feeling that everything is so near, when in reality it's very far away. Also one thing I should mention, whenever I have these dreams, I can always hear some kind of trippy song, once I actually recognized it, and it was Sleeping Village by Black Sabbath, that smooth intro.

I absolutely love those kinds of dreams, I wish I could have them every night.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Namely, I dream I'm out in the universe away from everything
I have that part of the dream, but everything else is different. I find myself being pulled relatively slowly from my bed through my house, and I continue upwards and outwards until I find myself above the Earth. It's at this point that I no longer feel like I'm being pulled upwards, but to the "side", whatever that means in space. In any case, I know my heading is changing rapidly. I tend to look around to get some kind of bearing, but I'm usually only able to look for a second or so before I'm pulled outward once more. This is different from the initial pulling in that the Earth, the Moon the Sun and everything else in view shrinks extremely quickly, rather than the slow progression I experienced before, and I find myself in what appears to be the middle of nowhere. No planets, no large stars, no visible nebulae.

At this point, I begin to experience the vastness of space (awkward wording, but it makes sense) and it actually gets to me. I wouldn't quite express my feeling as fear, but it's very similar. The first time I had this dream, I remember thinking, "Now I understand why astronauts are required to undergo frequent psychological evaluations during long-duration space flights. This kind of thing could drive a person mad". With nothing in view but tiny dots of light, I begin to freak out a little. If there were at least some kind of debris around me, I'd probably feel better, but there's absolute nothingness all around. Little points of light, yes, but nothing close enough to make me feel better. It's an eerie feeling to be sure. Before I began having these dreams, I thought if I ever went into space, I'd think, "Wow, we're so small and insignificant, but life is also precious" or some other type of cliche thing, but that wasn't the case. I felt lost.

At this point, I begin to experience a vibration of sorts. I don't know how to explain it any other way, but I feel it in me, around me, over me, everywhere, really. Then one of three things happens. I'll experience auditory hallucinations, and "converse" with whom I can only assume is whatever brought me to that place (after many of these dreams, I believe I'm being pulled to the same coordinates each time, as the shifting to an appropriate heading once I'm above the Earth feels the same) on a number of different topics, none of which I'm able to pick or choose. It's basically a, "Sit down, shut up and listen." type situation. The term auditory hallucination might not be appropriate as I'm not so much hearing words as experiencing thoughts, although they are not my own to be sure.

Sometimes the vibration gets stronger and stronger, and I'll just wake up from the dream startled, shaken up and confused. These are emotions I never feel, so to me, it's a big deal. Other times I'll be pulled back to my bed, and I'll either slip into a lucid dream or experience sleep paralysis.

This is really the only type of dream I have that has a beginning, middle and end, and to be quite honest, it doesn't feel anything like a dream. I've experienced lucid dreams, but it doesn't feel like that either. It feels real, and I can't manipulate the dream, which I can and have done during lucid dreams to an extent, so I really can't place it quite yet.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey Zeo, maybe your having O.B.E' s eh?

when your dream ends do you ever feel as though you "fell"

I get a "just fell into my body" feeling somtime, although I never remember anything, if anything prior to that.

It's weird feeling and hard to describe "falling back into my body" is only way I could put it in words.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom