The dog, Lukyas' 4th model!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Ok, here's my problem: I started with NURBEs, then, I converted it to polys, and then I failed when I should convert it to Subdivs. So this is poly maden, and smoothen. Whenever I tried to convert it an error poped up telling me to use Mesh clean up. But that didn't do a trick -_-. C&C, plus , I use Maya 8.5.;D I'm quite happy with this model.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The doghouse looks very 2d, to be honest.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't made it, it is a pic from net. It tried to compose it as best as I could, but it is still pretty n00bish

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm guessing that he was joking,

Best answers
Oh my god, I can't believe 2 people actually corrected -Origin.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PPL, I don't want U off-topic. plz, anyone gave me advices about:
ME said:
Ok, here's my problem: I started with NURBEs, then, I converted it to polys, and then I failed when I should convert it to Subdivs. So this is poly maden, and smoothen. Whenever I tried to convert it an error poped up telling me to use Mesh clean up. But that didn't do a trick -_-. C&C, plus , I use Maya 8.5. I'm quite happy with this model.
@SS Gohan44: I would texture them, if I would know how to do that ^^. I just d-loaded texturing video tut, for some doors. Hope that's gonna help me. Recommend me some good VIDEO tutorials (that are not coming from simplymaya.com

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha -origins post wasn't that funny, but the replies he got made me laugh xD!

Man your first post is so hard to decypher..
Lets see, Your modeled something with nurbs than converted it to polygons and than you wanted to subdivide it but it failed?

What did you exactly do?
So this model is made with polygons and than smoothed..
.. As far as i know, smoothing and subdividing is pretty much the same, but im no maya user, maybe smoothing means something else.

and now for the model,
It's kinda low on detail and lacks anatomy, even if its a cartoon dog.
He doesn't have any paws, instead his legs are bended in a painfull way.
His eyes seem unaligned and where are his toes, claws, tongeu and teeth?

Best answers
Don't mesh smooth your models. Unless you are doing high poly models, it takes away all the definition that your vertices tried to define.

Stop smoothing everything, and try to model a character model without using tutorials using polygon by polygon techniques. That's the only way we're going to be able to give you critz that can actually help you.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I said, I didn't want to smooth it. If I had succede to convert it into subdivs, he would be smoother, but not high poly like he is now. And can you recommend me some texturing video tutorials that are not coming from simplymaya.com, coz I already have those.

Best answers
what?? what do you mean. so you failed to meshsmooth it and now he is high poly? i'm really confused. do yourself a favour and please take my advice. if you can't figure out how to use polygons on your own, how can you figure out texturing? you can't simply be a good painter from one tutorial. i am by no means good at texturing, but i learnt the most from mistakes, not from tutorials.

Best answers
*sigh

If you're serious about not be able to find a poly by poly tutorial, (and I told you not to use a tutorial to see how much knowledge you actually know before you go thinking "I'm happy with my dog model") then you really need a tutorial on how to use google. We're not here to do your dirty work by searching tutorials for you, you can do that yoruself. If you can't handle an easy task like that, like I said, how can you expect to be a 3D modeller if you can't use google.

Oh look what the keywords "maya low poly modelling tutorial" found! That took me about 5 seconds. Stop being lazy and start being serious.

http://mentallic.planetunreal.gamespy.com/Tutorial/Tute1Page1.html

Although this tutorial doesn't strictly cover the "polygon by polygon" technique, you can see how primitives can be used to form a low poly character WITHOUT any smoothiong. Most games use low polygon models, so I suggest you start from here. Goodluck.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tnx, but I didn't search on my own, coz, it is hard to find GOOD tut. So I asked here if anyone already knows some GOOd tuts to recommend me. Anyway Tnx Reckoning O. F.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom