The Dark Knight

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't get it why did they call it batman ?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Volkov: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman

After seeing all of the trailers and the 6 minute preview they showed at the beginning of I am Legend in the IMAX, I'm still not sure he can pull it off. I like the direction of this particular Joker, but he, as an actor, just doesn't seem to fit the role to me. It also hurts to see him trying his absolute best to force a Joker laugh out. They should have just spliced in the Joker laugh from the cartoon or something.

Best answers
I'm getting tired of people going "they should've done it like that thing thy did in the past".. Sure, nostalgia is fun and all, but it shouldn't cloud up your mind.

I loved Nicholson's Joker performance, I liked it way better than any interpretation of how the Joker should be.. I was skeptical about Ledger playing the Joker when I first found out.. Now that I've seen this, I'm in love and can't wait to see this movie. He's doing awesome as the Joker, even if his laugh isn't 100% the same as in the old shows or cartoons or Nicholson's diabolical grin of doom and dookie.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm just happy they're using the Dark Horse Batman in the films.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm getting tired of people going "they should've done it like that thing thy did in the past".. Sure, nostalgia is fun and all, but it shouldn't cloud up your mind.

I loved Nicholson's Joker performance, I liked it way better than any interpretation of how the Joker should be.. I was skeptical about Ledger playing the Joker when I first found out.. Now that I've seen this, I'm in love and can't wait to see this movie. He's doing awesome as the Joker, even if his laugh isn't 100% the same as in the old shows or cartoons or Nicholson's diabolical grin of doom and dookie.
I didn't like Nicholson's Joker because he wasn't playing Joker. He was Jack with make-up on. Nicholson didn't have the maniacal laugh right, either. He mostly cackled.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth hit it on the head, this isn't your sunday morning animated batman; This is the dark, gritty, emotionally damaged batman. It is refreshing to see the more twisted side of things, and Joker looks fine from here. He sounds psycho and his makeup is spot-on perfect.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't like Nicholson's Joker because he wasn't playing Joker. He was Jack with make-up on. Nicholson didn't have the maniacal laugh right, either. He mostly cackled.
I saw the very beginning of the movie where Nicholson played him, and it really didn't feel right to me. This new one seems to have the attitude, but I dunno about the look. It all feels pretty foreign to me. Then again, the only Joker I knew growing up was the one voiced by Luke Skywalker.

Still, seeing how nicely they did the last one, I'll hold it's success to it for this one.

Really, I loved how they rethought Batman for this new version to be so much more realistic. The plausibility of the story, technology and characters gives it a good vibe, and really helps me take it seriously. I didn't remember much about the 90's Batman films from my childhood, but I've glimpsed quite a few of them lately, and to be frank I was disappointed in them. As a kid I used to enjoy the cartoon series, which had that dark and serious tone, as opposed to the self-satirizing live-action version of God knows how long ago. The 90's films tried to make a bad hybrid of that. I remember seeing Gotham city portrayed as this overgrown city with rediculous structures and massive statues that Las Vegas would get it's panties in a twist over. Not to mention on a seperate note how obviously composited in all the particle effects were...then again I was watching on a plasma...

But yeah, "dark & serious > goofy and hyperbolic" in terms of how I like seeing the series.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you watch Batman today, you'll probably laugh at it because it really isn't that good of a movie. I know I did.

Like I said before, I love the new direction of Joker in The Dark Knight. I just don't like the actor. To me, it just sounds like he's trying his best to impersonate a Joker laugh. Every part I've seen has either been awesome or has made me cringe because he's overacting. Kinda like the main dude in 30 Days of Night overacted.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to admit, Ledger's Joker is like watching the Sci Fi channel.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow that doesn't look or sound like heath ledger at all...I thought the laugh was pretty spot on.

Can't wait for this movie. I love how they're redoing them.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth hit it on the head, this isn't your sunday morning animated batman; This is the dark, gritty, emotionally damaged batman. It is refreshing to see the more twisted side of things, and Joker looks fine from here. He sounds psycho and his makeup is spot-on perfect.

Exactly... this joker is dark, evil, psychotic, full of kill kill stab stab.

he fits the new style of batman films SO ****ing well.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Ledget just gained alot of respect from me, that was awesome.

Discord Member
Best answers
What amazes me that the newer cartoon/anime movies you see in the cinemas aren't really kiddie films anymore.(transformers for example)

This batman rocks..at first I was sceptical thinking like "oh no, another kid movie" but after looking at the trailer, I was amazed, the acting is awesome as well.
Jocker is such a fascinating character, dark, psychopatic, closed up in his own world...from what i saw in the trailer..he refers to himself simmiliar to batman, If u caught the lines "they call him a freak, I am aswell".
All in all I'll be sure to watch this one in the movies :D

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kinda have to agree with Zeo, the laugh was like he was trying too hard to be raspy and evil. In fact Heath Ledger in general has lost all credibility after his cowboy adventures on a certain mountain. Either way Batman Begins was good enough to make me want more so I'll definitely see this flick.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Laugh wasn't right, no, but Ledger does seem to have down the more psychotic, sadistic, and sociopathic joker.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Laugh wasn't right, no, but Ledger does seem to have down the more psychotic, sadistic, and sociopathic joker.
The bank scene they showed in the 7 minute trailer was hilarious, despite it being completely horrible (not the scene, but the content of the scene) when you think about what just happened. It also shows just how devious, calculating and manipulative the Joker actually is.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kinda have to agree with Zeo, the laugh was like he was trying too hard to be raspy and evil. In fact Heath Ledger in general has lost all credibility after his cowboy adventures on a certain mountain. Either way Batman Begins was good enough to make me want more so I'll definitely see this flick.
Why because he was *** in it? LOL

That movie actually had some decent acting, despite the content people found offensive.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They renamed ****-sucking cowboys to Heath Ledger. Thats what I mean by losing credibility.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The logic and bigotry trains roll on separate tracks.

Credibilty: capable of being believed; believable: a credible statement.

In order for your statement to make any semblance of sense you would have to be telling us he did a poor job acting like a homosexual; Instead you've decided to spam up the board with some random unfounded garbage. Drop the remarks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom